Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

Re: Demonic Oppression and Possession and how to cast out demons

I'm quite new to CI and I'm still learning and reading through all of the old posts. So apologies if this has been covered already a thousand times...

I've always had a fascination with the concept of angels. I was brought up with pagan friends and a strict Christian family, so my own beliefs are a complete mixture, but angels seemed to come up time and time again in the various religions I've studied. Personally, I believe angels are the role models that humankind has throughout history. People that are so far above the rest of us that they have no need for role models themselves and seem almost super-human in their abilities. People that stretch the boundaries of what it is to be human and don't appear to follow the rules. Sometimes they are recognized during their lifetime and sometimes they get on with life and go unnoticed until centuries after they have died. Those people that leave an impact on the rest of us, whether good or bad. In Christianity (from what I've read at least) angels can be both good and bad and take on the role of either watching over us or influencing our actions. So when I think of angels I immediately think of people like Moses, Da Vinci, Newton, Ghandi... people like that.

I would be interested to know if CI has a different take on this?

Blog Entries

Re: Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by seedliner View Post
    this is the actual audio from the tapes man that is creepy and i absolutely believe in demonic possession a lot of examples in the bible
    Mark 16:16
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

James 4:7
    Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 3:4
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Re: Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

Quote Originally Posted by stew88 View Post
    this is the actual audio from the tapes man that is creepy and i absolutely believe in demonic possession a lot of examples in the bible

What an absolute shame this story is. Such a pretty girl to suffer such a fate. And these priests? The one on the left appears Jewish and the one on the right is questionable. 10 months these so called priests worked on this girl only to have her die a year later. These men did not have Christ in them. Or else the ending to this story would have been quite different.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. EPH 6:12

Blog Entries

Re: The Healing at Gerasenes - what got healed??

I will pray for her...

The original reading of Codex Sinaiticus was Gazarenes, later changed to Gergesenes, and a few versions have Gerasenes. Each of these readings points to a different territory connected, respectively, with the cities Gadara, Gergesa, and Gerasa (modern Jerash).

There is the same confusion of readings in the parallel texts,

They came to the other side of the sea, to the territory of the Gerasenes. (Mark 5:1)

and

Then they sailed to the territory of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. (Luke 8:26)

And the best reading seems to be “Gerasenes,” whereas “Gadarenes” is probably the original reading in Matthew.

Yes, demon possession is real.

On a side note, I've been physically attacked by satanic spirits.

As for exorcists, if you can't get the demon out the first time then you're obviously a fake... All you need to do is call upon the name of Jesus and it will flee.

Acts 16:18
    18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Philippians 2:9-11
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Proverbs 18:10
    10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

James 4:7
    7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 6:10-13
    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Colossians 3:16-17
    16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

In all these movies about demon possession, they make it out like there's this whole ritual you need to do when in fact its pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Erik Said:

Yes, demon possession is real.

On a side note, I've been physically attacked by satanic spirits
    Totally agree with you Erik. Early in my Christian walk I was attacked, too.

One of my oldest friend's Mother was attacked in her bedroom. My old friend commanded the demonic spirit to leave the house "In the name of Jesus" and the attack stopped and the spirit vanished.

Many years later I had a Christian sister in the Lord describe a attack on her at her Grandma's house. Her Grandma was a women preacher and she believed that the spirit was in the house because her Grandma had broke God's law by preaching.

The most interesting facts involving all three attacks were that they were within five miles of one another and the description of the spirit was the same in all three cases. And the other two cases involved Christians involved with occult literature, one Astrology and one Edgar Cayce.

Erik said-
    In all these movies about demon possession, they make it out like there's this whole ritual you need to do when in fact its pretty simple and self-explanatory.
    In the cases above it only took the command of "In the Name of Jesus" or crying out to Jesus for help. But from experiences I know of and have read, it sometimes it takes many hours and prayer and fasting with the victim for that person to be freed.

The above examples of occult and lawlessness practices are just a couple of the gateways to demon possession I that heard or seen. Music, mind altering drugs, pure parental rebellion and practicing sexual sin of all forms are just a few of the many causes I have seen of demon possession.

I guess I should add that in my 30 some years walk in Christ I had meet several demon possessed or with familiar spirits people doing street ministry work, too. Most cases involve familiar spirits that hang around and influence the persons lifestyle or Christian walk. The first step a Christian person has to do is be honest with their problem and have a prayer life of asking for deliverance.

Crossman

Interestingly enough I've had encounters with spirits as well. I called out to Yahweh or Jesus or both and it left.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.