Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christian Books - What are YOU Reading?

Obadiah 1:18

Re: What 5 Books Would You Recommend?

As for non-religious books, I would take an eclectic mic of fiction and non-fiction titles with me.

The Lost World -- a classic rollicking adventure yarn by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Read it in highschool, and have never forgotten it.

Barefaced Messiah -- Russell Miller's often hilarious biography of L. Ron Hubbard.

From out of the Dreamtime -- big book on Australian cryptozoology, i.e. living dinosaurs, ape-like hominids, by Rex Gilroy. I love stuff like that.

Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film - Michael Wheldon's guide to some of the weirdest flicks ever. Like, I'll be watching any of those on a desert island!

Defensive Racism - by Edgar J. Steele. Great book. Great guy. Still praying for you, Ed!

Re: Christian Books - What are YOU Reading?

Edgar J. Goodspeed's APOCRYPHA.

Recommended!

"Chapters In Church History" by Powel Mills Dawley

"Family Worship" by James Alexander

This is a (racial) study from 1847 available at Rod and Staff Bookstore.

I can't suggest this site enough.

The Other Bible - Willis Barnstone

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Bible-Wi.../dp/0062500309

To look inside the book click ''Search inside this book''

The Other Bible: Jewish Pseudepigrapha, Christian Apocrypha, Gnostic Scriptures, Kabbalah, Dead Sea Scrolls, Edited with Introductions, San Francisco: HarperSan Francisco, 1984.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Bible-Wi...der_0062500309 - Contents (Scroll down)

Dark Secrets of the New Age by Texe Marrs (1987).

This is the sequel to Mystery Mark of the New Age.

Check 'em both out.

Communist America...Must It Be? (1960)
    by Billy James Hargis

scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg

CPM's Gospel of LUKE

the Stars are ours

I am rather fascinated by a book I have found: The Witness of the Stars by Ethelbert W. Bullinger. I think I will make posts from or about it, on the grounds that it easily corresponds to Christian Identity, even if the author may have had no familiarity with our view. I have the impression that the stars are something of a lacuna for most people, and they certainly are for me: and yet Yahweh has clearly, and most definitely, placed them as lights for us on Earth (Gen 1:16-17).

As I read Bullinger's work, I am especially struck by a thought: Today, we eagerly light our own lamps, which blot out the lights given to us by Yahweh. It's part and parcel of replacing the true Gospel for one of our own creation, or one created by our enemy. We ignore what is written above, and replace it with our own perpetual distraction. Now indeed the Revelation has come in the person of Jesus Christ, but still the Stars shine.

I will be especially pleased to discover that the Stars are ours, and not the property of sorcerers or 'fortune tellers'. They are stretched out all across the heavens, the Stars that is, and they should be ours.

More @ The Christian Identity Forum...

THE NEGRO AND THE WORLD CRISIS -- by Charles Lee Magne
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible for study

The Christian in Complete Armour: Or, a Treatise On the Saints' War with the Devil ... by William Gurnall