Thread: How do you deal with fundamentalists?

How do you deal with fundamentalists?

How do you guys deal with fundamentalists that love Israel and Jews? My grandmother is a big one, and recently we had it out. I tried to show her verses that shows CI as being correct, and she began saying things like, "your evil" and "Satan has control of you". Keep in mind that she always praises Israel and brags how she sends money to a Rabbi to help Jewish Russians travel to Israel. Since she has the Bible memorized (sarcastic), she is able to quote scripture all day and night all the while twisting it like never before. To say it is frustrating is to put it mildly. She has given probably half of her savings to help Jews and says that it shows her dedication to God.

Also, my area is rife with fundamentalists that fall all over themselves to help "poor Israel". Has anyone else here ran into this and how do you deal with it? It is especially hard when it is a family member that feels the way she does.

How do you deal with fundamentalists?

Re: How do you deal with fundamentalists?

I will usually refer them to the likes of Pete Peters, William Finck, Arnold Murray or Eli James.

If they're receptive to "CI Lite" it's much easier to lay the whole DSCI truth on them afterwards.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Refer her to http://www.declarethedecree.com

If that doesn't work, nothing will !

It is specificly aimed at gently awaking mainstream Western Christians to who they are, and who the tares are by the time they get to the end.

Pure avoidance. This message is not for them.

Don't speak to them as they are too far gone.

Turning away someone that is just screaming for the truth, especially if they are family, is very hard to do. And probably not the best first choice. Don't beat your head into a wall for them, but If they claim to be Christians... quote Christ. What does Jesus say the "Jews" are? He calls them liars, murderers, adulterers, a brood of vipers, and that they are the children of their father the devil. If Jesus loved everybody then why in the world does he keep having it out with a very specific group of nefarious people? They themselves claim they have never been in bondage to anyone and are more defensive about a temple of stone than any human being.
    I am right there with you having it out with my own blood family, die hard catholics. I was raised a catholic. And I'll die first before ever bowing to the pope or any self righteous virgin that wants to give any other suffering person advice on raising a family, maintaining a business, or dealing with poverty, temptation or just about any situation that can be experienced in a normal life. And yes there are some really cool and down to earth priests that can tell really engaging sermons, but I severely disagree with them being shepherds of my people. Nuns are just plain bitter and crazy and I've never known a nice one. And yes my great grandmother would roll in her grave if she heard me say that but the only reason my family keeps the tradition is because that's all they know or want to know. I've come to find that it's easier to break someone's hypnotic trance when you take baby steps. Have they ever been around, or have had to do business with orthodox or practicing jews? Chances are they've found them to be cheap, indifferent, and down right rude. Most Americans have never really been exposed to Jews unless they've been to new york or florida and unfortunately (or fortunately) have no clue how evil they truly are. If they've never met one, their perception is that they're all bumbling little Larry Davids oh isn't he just so harmless and funny, etc., Break it to them slowly, the devil is a funny little jokester till you try to deprive him of his shekels.