Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

I personally believe the answer is biblically obvious but there are many who disagree with me. Do you believe the flood of Noah encompassed the entire earth or was it isolated in a particular region of the earth?

Obadiah 1:18

Re: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

This is an interesting one because even though virtually all Christian Identity preachers will tell you that it was a local flood (and I agree with them that it was), there is evidence all over the globe of a worldwide flood. Pastor Peter Peters gave a fascinating talk on this a couple of year ago, in which he put forward the theory that there were two floods: one in prehistoric times that covered the whole Earth, and the regional flood of Noah's day. It made a lot of sense to me.

Interesting. I'm of the belief that it was literally global in scope and will explain why later. I was just curious. I used to believe that it was local especially when I took the American Institute of Theology Bible Study Course. I actually came up with some arguments as to why the flood was likely local which someone named B. Dryburgh (the person who graded my work) found interesting. I don't know if he or she ever included that argument in future editions of that Bible Study package.

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah 1:18 View Post
    This is an interesting one because even though virtually all Christian Identity preachers will tell you that it was a local flood (and I agree with them that it was), there is evidence all over the globe of a worldwide flood. Pastor Peter Peters gave a fascinating talk on this a couple of year ago, in which he put forward the theory that there were two floods: one in prehistoric times that covered the whole Earth, and the regional flood of Noah's day. It made a lot of sense to me.

The earth (ERETS) also was corrupt before God, and the earth (ERETS) was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth (ERETS), and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth (ERETS). And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth (ERETS) is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth (ERETS). (Genesis 6:11-13)

Strong's #776 ERETS means land, earth

A) earth 1) whole earth (as opposed to a part) 2) earth (as opposed to heaven) 3) earth (inhabitants)
    B) land 1) country, territory 2) district, region 3) tribal territory 4) piece of ground 5) land of Canaan, Israel 6) inhabitants of land 7) Sheol, land without return, (under) world 8) city (-state)
    C) ground, surface of the earth 1) ground 2) soil
    D) (in phrases) 1) people of the land 2) space or distance of country (in measurements of distance) 3) level or plain country 4) land of the living 5) end(s) of the earth
    E) (almost wholly late in usage) 1) lands, countries a) often in contrast to Canaan

So, "earth" can mean the country/territory/piece of ground given to Adamites. That area was corrupted by fallen angels mixing with Adamites and by the violence and perversion that accompanied it. However, Noah was not born from these race mixers and was pure in his race.

After the flood, Noah and his racially pure family could not have been the only ones left on the entire planet because there are still other races here today. Therefore, the flood covered the area (the "erets") given by Yahweh to His people to purify it of sin and corruption.

Be watching for the same scenario to happen again soon in the "erets" given by Yahweh to His people, but this time by fire, not flood.

And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. (Luke 17:26-27)

...The patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 3:20-21)

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonJackson View Post
    Interesting. I'm of the belief that it was literally global in scope and will explain why later. I was just curious. I used to believe that it was local especially when I took the American Institute of Theology Bible Study Course. I actually came up with some arguments as to why the flood was likely local which someone named B. Dryburgh (the person who graded my work) found interesting. I don't know if he or she ever included that argument in future editions of that Bible Study package.
    Do share!

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah 1:18 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Eli James teaches along these lines in The Enmity, Part 2: The Global Catastrophe. It certainly does make a lot of sense.

I believe that the flood was local, not global...

Noah's Flood:
    http://www.aryannationsrevival.org/Noah.htm

NOAH'S FLOOD WAS NOT WORLD WIDE:
    http://www.israelect.com/ChildrenOfY...aret/flood.htm

I believe that the flood was local, not global...

Noah's Flood:
    http://www.aryannationsrevival.org/Noah.htm

NOAH'S FLOOD WAS NOT WORLD WIDE:
    http://www.israelect.com/ChildrenOfY...aret/flood.htm

Global or local, Noah didn't have children of three different races by one wife.

Quote Originally Posted by DunaMiss View Post
    Do share!
    I will. It's been awhile since I considered this issue and will have to gather some of my thoughts. We're short handed at work so I've been working long hours.