Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

Re: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Mainstream Christianity’s politically correct “Universalist Doctrine” is preached by both young and old earth creationists,
    as far as I know – few outside of DSCI actually denounce it.
    Right, I should've been clear and said creationists in general. At the time, I was thinking about all the young earth ones(Ken Ham, Kent Hovind, etc) since so far the only old earth ones I've heard have views equal to or similar to us.

As far as all the dating methods they have I take that with a grain of salt since I'm not sold on any of them.

I watched all those Kent Hovind videos early in my walk in 2013 or 2014. I forget a lot of it since it was so long ago but back then I followed a lot of different young earth creationists. Like I've said they have some good information on certain topics.

“He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.” (Jeremiah 10:12)

Stretching out the heavens - when did He do this ? Was it on the second day of creation:

“And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.” (Genesis 1:6-8)

“I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.” (Isaiah 45:12)

Mysterious Map Emerges at the Dawn of the Egyptian Civilization and Depicts Antarctica Without Ice – Who Made it?

https://www.ancient-origins.net/arti...arctica-021520

Mysterious Map Emerges at the Dawn of the Egyptian Civilization and Depicts Antarctica Without Ice – Who Made it?

https://www.ancient-origins.net/arti...arctica-021520
    The only way that original map could have been made by us, was at the end of the (last) Ice Age -
    just before the oceans cooled down enough for the polar seas to freeze over.

We are so conditioned into accepting the last Ice Age ending more than 10 000 years ago,
    that it is almost inconceivable to believe in a cataclysmic worldwide flood initiating a 1000 year
    Ice Age ending only about 3600 years ago !

I would never have thought it possible, yet it looks more likely to me the more I listen,
    think and learn !

So I’m back to accepting a:

• First Earth Age - before Genesis 1:3
    • Second Earth Age - from Genesis 1:3 to Noah’s Flood
    • Third Earth Age - from Noah’s Flood to the present.

I think that’s the way Erik and Pastor Visser still see it.

The Biblical geologies also fit in with Noah's Flood and creation of Adam in the eighth day,
    two days/two thousand years after the six day creation of Man !

A world-wide Flood or not
    ?

It looks to me like they are correct to claim that only a world-wide Flood could do everything
    mainstream scientists claim took “millions and millions of years!

(I can still hear Ken Hovinds mocking voice “millions and millions of years” – he does a good job !)

“He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.” (Jeremiah 10:12)

Stretching out the heavens - when did He do this ? Was it on the second day of creation:

“And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.” (Genesis 1:6-8)

“I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.” (Isaiah 45:12)
    The stretching out of the heavens must have therefore taken place before Genesis 1:3 - in the First Earth Age period.

The third Earth-age is after this age is done away with.

2 Peter 3:5-13
    5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The first earth-age was destroyed by water. The second earth age will be destroyed by fire. Then commences the third earth age when the heavens and the earth are recreated again.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The third Earth-age is after this age is done away with.

2 Peter 3:5-13
    5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The first earth-age was destroyed by water. The second earth age will be destroyed by fire. Then commences the third earth age when the heavens and the earth are recreated again.
    OK, as the Flood of Noah didn't destroy the earth, therefore before and after the Flood is still one Age:

So we are still in the Second Earth Age.

OK, as the Flood of Noah didn't destroy the earth, therefore before and after the Flood is still one Age:

So we are still in the Second Earth Age.
    Correct brother. We are still in the Second Earth Age.

This is what it looks like then:

The Second Earth Age

“And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.” (Acts 7:22)

“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.’ (Matthew 10:16)

SECOND EARTH AGE.jpg