Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

Blog Entries

Re: The Flood Of Noah ... Global or Local?

It came to my mind about the people who were commended by the flood. I understand the descendants of Seth were doomed besides Noah and his family. The power of voodoo Cain used corrupted the descendants of Seth to be destroyed with them. Their is a super natural devil. Just see the black arts in Africa to name one. Also the power of Esua to fool people. Dual seed line seems reasonable.
    Evil company corrupts good morals.

SaxonJackson you have made some very interesting points about the flood.
    Great job!!!
    I agree with them 100%, so I thought I would bump up this thread a bit.

Your theory (and that of the young earth creationists) on the flood, is not only entirely possible, but most likely true.
    Scientists assume because the earths plates move apart at a certain rate today, that they always moved apart at the same rate.
    This is much like their theory that radio carbon decays at the same rate today as it always has.
    Walt Brown has gone into this quite a lot as well if I remember correctly.

These rates change over time much more than mainstream scientists believe and are effected by various things - not least of all friction.
    But things are changing in the mainstream...

Here is a little more on radio carbon dating - latest discoveries (very very interesting)
    Link here (best one): http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknap...ant-after-all/

and here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0817091040.htm

and here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0720154505.htm
    [“Fossil fuel emissions could soon make it impossible for radiocarbon dating to distinguish new materials from artefacts that are hundreds of years old.
    Carbon released by burning fossil fuels is diluting radioactive carbon-14 and artificially raising the radiocarbon 'age' of the atmosphere, according to a paper published today (Monday 20 July 2015) in the journal PNAS….”] – my note: CO2 levels have been very high in the past too, not just the industrial age.

And here
    : https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0207092720.htm

Just read the first few sentences of each link if you are busy.
    Very interesting and straight forward even for those who are non-technical.
    (Here is an easy article explaining how radio-carbon dating works - or is supposed to work for those new to the subject - http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...09/3088319.htm Just bear in mind the links above this one though when you start going into just how accurate it is.)

John R. Baumgardner
    Ph.D. Geophysics & Space Physics, 1983 - University of California, Los Angeles
    M.S. Geophysics & Space Physics, 1981 - University of California, Los Angeles
    M.S. Electrical Engineering, 1970 - Princeton University
    B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1968 - Texas Tech University

John Baumgardne is a creationist scientist with an accelerated plate tectonic explanation for the Flood.
    His computer modelling program with the basic information input supports his theory, which in a nutshell is:

The liquid "fountains of the deep" were the earth’s mantle plumes of molten lava driving the accelerated runaway tectonic plate movement, causing continuous tsunami's that piled the sea 2000m above the continents. The sea level dropped during this process and afterwards the water drained back off the continents, exposing the reformed landscape that continued to be shaped to current conditions.

i.e. it was a worldwide flood covering all continents and their mountains at that stage.

Interesting !

See:

https://answersingenesis.org/geology...genesis-flood/

He has other amazing information as well.

Blog Entries

Common knowledge is that there were floods that covered the earth. Whether or not it was one of these floods were Noah's flood is a big debate.

There was a circus of a trail about the earth being only 6 thousand years old around the 1930's ; it ended up in making Christianity foolish and humanism looking objective. In my opinion being right has to be balanced by politics of the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by frey#89 View Post
    Common knowledge is that there were floods that covered the earth. Whether or not it was one of these floods were Noah's flood is a big debate.

There was a circus of a trail about the earth being only 6 thousand years old around the 1930's ; it ended up in making Christianity foolish and humanism looking objective. In my opinion being right has to be balanced by politics of the masses.
    The earth means the region not the entire planet. Basically their talking about the black sea flood something like 10,000 years ago. The whole region filled up like a bowl, drowning everything.
    It isn't possible to flood the entire planet like something out of Waterworld. I think I posted a video on it somewhere.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.

Although I think that almost anything imaginable is somehow possible, I also vacillate between a worldwide and regional flood, tending more to the latter lately. Yes the Black Sea possibly was flooded when rising sea levels allowed the Mediterranean Sea to break through and flood possible settlements. Ancient artefacts have been dredged up in the Black Sea, but there are hundreds of ancient shipwrecks they could also have come from.

See John Baumgardne’s work:

https://answersingenesis.org/geology...genesis-flood/

It is complex in places but interesting to gloss through.

I think it’s Venus that he points out has somehow recently been swept smooth, proving that something similar has already happened in other places/planets.

They also publish another creationist’s criticism of his theory, but I haven’t read it yet.

Yes it’s all still in the air, but I've long believed “never say never!

John Baumgardne is a Young Earth Creationist it seems, and his work shows how a worldwide flood is possible. At the same time his work also holds good for an Old Earth Creation which I would go with for lots of reasons, the least of which Adam was told to REplenish the earth. Also as stated on the forum before, the satanic seedline must have survived Noahs flood, therefore it had to have been much more recent and regional. . . .

. . . then again, over a year is a mighty long time for a regional flood - old or new earth creation . . .

Some more interesting info from

https://www.sott.net/article/134637-...ists-Awakening :

As can be seen in the plot, there is a ~6000 year cycle which has been recognized in the Greenland ice core data ("A 6-ka climatic cycle during at least the last 50,000 years" [pdf]).
    "[S]ignificant ice growth did, in fact, occur at around 6000 years BP. Studies of some of the largest of the 3000 small glaciers that occur in Fennoscandia today indicate that the majority of these started to grow shortly after 6000 years ago." The biblical flood of Noah is believed to date back to this time period.

According to recent archaeological research the flooding of the Black Sea dates to this period:
    In 1998, William Ryan and Walter Pitman, geologists from Columbia University, published evidence that a massive flood through the Bosporus occurred about 5600 BC. Glacial meltwater had turned the Black and Caspian Seas into vast freshwater lakes, while sea levels remained lower worldwide. The fresh water lakes were emptying their waters into the Aegean Sea. As the glaciers retreated, rivers emptying into the Black Sea reduced their volume and found new outlets in the North Sea, and the water levels lowered through evaporation. Then, about 5600 BC, as sea levels rose, Ryan and Pitman suggest, the rising Mediterranean finally spilled over a rocky sill at the Bosporus. The event flooded 60,000 mile² (155,000 km²) of land and significantly expanded the Black Sea shoreline to the north and west. Ryan and Pitman wrote:
    "Ten cubic miles [42 km³] of water poured through each day, two hundred times what flows over Niagara Falls. ...The Bosporus flume roared and surged at full spate for at least three hundred days."