Thread: Hermas I (Visions) #4

Hermas I (Visions) #4

Please note this thread is automatically generated whenever new uploads become available on talkshoe.com - we invite you to discuss this CPM sermon here.

Hermas I (Visions) #4 finds the metaphorical "church lady" equipping Hermas with further orders to the literal church yet he mistakes her for a Sybil (or sorceress). This sermon resumes our time-delayed series examining the gnostic text and further attempts to show its similarities to so-called canonized scripture. Covering The Shepherd of Hermas 2:21-37 this broadcast warns all Christians against bitterness.

More...

Blog Entries

Re: Hermas I (Visions) #4

Hermas I (Visions) #4 [2014] finds the metaphorical "church lady" equipping Hermas with further orders to the literal church yet he mistakes her for a Sybil (or sorceress). This sermon resumes our time-delayed series examining the gnostic text and further attempts to show its similarities to so-called canonized scripture. Covering The Shepherd of Hermas 2:21-37 this broadcast warns all Christians against bitterness.

MP4 | 2014

Released under Shepherd of Hermas Series.
    Suggested CPM Sermon: I Beheld Satan (January 5th, 2020)

Here is a "player page" where you can compare all the sermons from this series:

http://covenantpeoplesministry.org/c...ons/?series=15

Enjoy!
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Quote Originally Posted by seedliner View Post
    Here is a "player page" where you can compare all the sermons from this series:

http://covenantpeoplesministry.org/c...ons/?series=15

Enjoy!

The audio for Hermas #3 and #4 is not available. It says "File not found".

Luckly I have listened to both already and I can say this, Pastor Visser has certainly grown as a preacher. I think if he wishes to progressively become a better preacher he is right on track with that goal. I think of another man who was also skilled in the art of speech... echos of Dr. Wesley Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    The audio for Hermas #3 and #4 is not available. It says "File not found".
    The audio for that "player page" isn't hosted on CPM so it's reliant on their server.

However, the sermons seem to be streaming fine this afternoon.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Blog Entries

Hermas I (Visions) #4 – Jeromy Visser @ Covenant People's Ministry

http://www.covenantpeoplesministry.org/

Hermas I (Visions) #4 [2014] finds the metaphorical "church lady" equipping Hermas with further orders to the literal church yet he mistakes her for a Sybil (or sorceress). This sermon resumes our time-delayed series examining the gnostic text and further attempts to show its similarities to so-called canonized scripture. Covering The Shepherd of Hermas 2:21-37 this broadcast warns all Christians against bitterness.

Hermas I (Visions) #4 from CPM on Vimeo.