Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Enoch's Walk of Faith

Re: Enoch's Walk of Faith

Regarding the band "Bush", why would you promote an idiot that is known to have coitus with a mudshark (stefani)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Regarding the band "Bush", why would you promote an idiot that is known to have coitus with a mudshark (stefani)?
    You learn something new every day.

Similar to Phinehas Pastor Visser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Enoch's Walk of Faith

Every sermon a man preaches takes on a timeless life of its own if the message is scriptural.

http://covenantpeoplesministry.org/a...k_of_faith.wma

This broadcast is still a personal favorite of mine. I preached it before the darkness set in back when I was at my spiritual heights and my life was seemingly peaceful. Even though it was only a little over a year ago it seems like so far away. Now, I struggle to reeducate myself by listening to select CPM sermons. Oftentimes we must relearn what we’ve always known.

Proverbs 16:18; “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”

As flesh man we tend to apply this verse to the destruction of our enemies but lately I’ve learned a valuable ability from this teaching - recognition. So many things can lift us up in this life; the love of a virtuous woman, blessed children granted by Yahweh, fruitful ministries, learning deeper meanings, growing in truth or simply bountiful crops of food.

Whatever it is, pride and vanity are easy snares for those chosen and blessed greatly of Yahweh.

We must learn that pride really does go before the fall of man and only by being familiar and dealing with this emotion can it be prevented from hindering our future endeavors for the Kingdom.
    Pastor Visser @
    Covenant People's Ministry & Forums
    Box 256, Brooks, GA 30205

I love Theatre Of Tragedy. But with lyrics like this, what Saxon couldn't?

He gave to her, yet tenfold claim'd in return -
    She hath no life but the one he for her wrought;
    Proffer'd to her his wauking heart - she turn'd it down,
    Riposted with a tell-tale lore of lies and scorn.
    Prophetess or fond?,
    Tho' her parle of truth;
    "I ken to-morrow - refell me if ye can!",
    Yet the kiss and breath - Apollo's bane -
    Seer of the future, not of twain,
    "Sicker!", quoth Cassandra.
    Still, is she lief and quaint in his eyne, a sight divine? -
    A mistress fuell'd by his prest haughtiness -
    If he did grant, whrefore then did he not foresee,
    Belike egal as it to him might be?!
    Prophetess or fond?,
    Tho' her parle of truth;
    "I ken to-morrow - refell me if ye can!",
    Yet the kiss and breath - Apollo's bane -
    Seer of the future, not of twain,
    "Sicker!", quoth Cassandra.
    'Or was he an aeried being;
    'Or was he weening - alack nay mo;
    Her naysay' raught his heart,
    Her daffing was the grave of all hope -
    She belied her own words,
    He thought her life, save moreo'er scourge,
    She held him august, yet wee;
    He left her ne'er without his heart.

Blog Entries

Enoch's Walk of Faith [2009] explains that the prophet Enoch was taken by Yahweh for the purpose of receiving visions concerning our latter age. This sermon provides clarity on the Nephilim ( or "the Watchers" ) of Genesis 6 while proving the importance of reading ALL scripture, including non-canonized texts. This casual study uses the Bible and several books of Enoch to stress the importance of faith.

coven30 | 2012

I gave it a read and I was awestruck at some of the historical and prophetic verses such as the "prophecy of the animals" -where the various races are given symbolic animals and the interactions of these animals.

This verse describing Noah is interesting:

"After a time, my son Mathusala took a wife for his son Lamech.

She became pregnant by him, and brought forth a child, the flesh of which was as white as snow, and red as a rose; the hair of whose head was white like wool, and long; and whose eyes were beautiful. When he opened them, he illuminated all the house, like the sun; the whole house abounded with light."

-Enoch 105
    The book is quoted in the book of Jude so it can be assumed it was read by the early Christians:

"Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him."
    -Enoch 1:9 and Jude 14/15

If it is considered the inspired word of God then it is a recommended read.
    A copy can be found here or on a search engine.

Blog Entries

This sermon, preached on July 26th 2009, was just dropped from iTunes ( normal procedure, only 300 sermons peer feed ). If you've never heard it before we suggest you give it a listen. Even if you have, it's become a classic and certainly deserves repeat plays. That is, IMHO because I'm somewhat biased towards this sermon and era.

http://www.covenantpeoplesministry.o...k_of_faith.mp3

Enoch's Walk of Faith [2009] explains that the prophet Enoch was taken by Yahweh for the purpose of receiving visions concerning our latter age. This sermon provides clarity on the Nephilim (or "the Watchers") of Genesis 6 while proving the importance of reading ALL scripture, including non-canonized texts. This casual study uses the Bible and several books of Enoch to stress the importance of faith.

MP4 | 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
    This sermon, preached on July 26th 2009, was just dropped from iTunes ( normal procedure, only 300 sermons peer feed ). If you've never heard it before we suggest you give it a listen. Even if you have, it's become a classic and certainly deserves repeat plays. That is, IMHO because I'm somewhat biased towards this sermon and era.

http://www.covenantpeoplesministry.o...k_of_faith.mp3

Enoch's Walk of Faith [2009] explains that the prophet Enoch was taken by Yahweh for the purpose of receiving visions concerning our latter age. This sermon provides clarity on the Nephilim (or "the Watchers") of Genesis 6 while proving the importance of reading ALL scripture, including non-canonized texts. This casual study uses the Bible and several books of Enoch to stress the importance of faith.

MP4 | 2012
    This is a great sermon! I never caught the correlation between Adam & Eve "walking with YHVH in the cool of the day" and the prophet Enoch before. I am edified because after listening to this sermon I can't help but feel robbed of our positions as princes and queens of the earth. We will walk with our Redeemer again!