Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Yahweh/Yahshuah vs. of God/Jesus Christ?

Obadiah 1:18

Yahshua, Yeshua, or Yashua?

What is the correct spelling of Christ's original name? I've been misspelling it as Yashua. Should it be Yahshua or Yeshua? Is there a general consensus in Christian Identity about how it should be spelled?

Pastor Bill

Re: Yahshua, Yeshua, or Yashua?

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah 1:18 View Post
    What is the correct spelling of Christ's original name? I've been misspelling it as Yashua. Should it be Yahshua or Yeshua? Is there a general consensus in Christian Identity about how it should be spelled?
    Yahshua is the most common spelling.

Thanks. That's what I'll go with.

I prefer His Biblical name - Jesus Christ.

Thumbs up Re: Yahshua, Yeshua, or Yashua?

I oftentimes use just "Yah" to address them both.

Why Yahweh/Yahshuah vs. of God/Jesus Christ?

Howdy. I've been battling with myself for years as to the use of the names Yahweh & Yahshua instead of God & Jesus Christ. I know that it's more acceptable within CI circles to use the names Yahweh and Yahshua and I did use those names for a couple of years. However, it never came naturally to do so. I never felt led by the Holy Spirit to do so. It always seemed forced and I felt that I was doing so to impress my CI brethren. I don't believe that that is the correct reason to use those names. More than that, the names always sounded a bit Yiddish to me which caused me a great deal of discomfort. I was raised speaking English and I was taught about my Father and Savior using the King James Version of the Bible.

Anyway, I am getting older and I'm a bit "crusty" in my ways but I am still a student of truth and am willing to learn. I believe that our Father has revealed His Holy Word to us in three primary languages. True Hebrew, Greek, and English (with a little Aramaic and Latin tossed in the mix). I believe that the King James Version was devinely inspired and that our Christian, Israelite brother, King James, was inspired to see to it that a complete version of God's Word was developed and passed down to the true children of God Almighty. (By the way ... the terrible stories about King James being a homosexual are completely false. He had 7 children that survived beyond birth).

I'm hoping that someone can show me why it is of utmost importance why I should use the names Yahweh & Yahshua instead of Jehovah & Jesus Christ. Is my salvation dependent upon the use of the "proper" names?

This post is an honest inquiry and not a means to start an argument or drawn out debate.

Re: Why Yahweh/Yahshuah vs. of God/Jesus Christ?

I kinda feel the same way. Even last night, when I was having prayer, I tried using "Yahweh" and "Yahshua", but kept reverting to "God" and "Jesus". Old habits die hard. I don't feel any urging of the Spirit to use the two original names. Yes, they're more scriptural. But I think God, or Yahweh, is more concerned about what's in our heart when we seek Him in prayer, rather than whether we call Him and Christ by their original Hebrew or Greek names. They've been many devout Christians over the years who've probably never referred to God as Yahweh, or Christ as Yahshua. I can't see our Heavenly Father, whose mercy endures forever, refusing them entrance into the Kingdom because they called Him by His far more commonly used King James Bible names instead.

I see I spelled "divinely" incorrectly. Too late to edit. LOL. Also, when I first titled this thread I used "Why Yahweh/Yahshuah instead of God/Jesus Christ? For some reason the software wouldn't allow me to use the word "instead." So I deleted "instead" and added "vs." but accidently left the "of" in the title. No ... I'm not as idiotic as these mistakes may make me appear. Haha.

Anyway, thanks Obadiah 1:18 for understanding where I'm coming from. I don't look askance at anyone who uses Yahweh or Yahshua. If they believe they are honoring our Father then more power to them. I simply don't believe that I am dishonoring Him by calling our Father my God.

Amen, brothers!

The name Yahweh I understand as it's the tetragrammaton and an accepted literary term.

On the other hand, replacing the Biblical name Jesus with "Yahshuah" is a bit of a stretch, IMHO.