Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Woman's Role

Re: A Woman's Role

Yahweh loves His women, that's a fact.

ive heard of her, , joyce meyers, Is she a jew??

Women preachers??? Only in the world of the heretic, modernist, and false prophets. Let them pander to the spirit of jezebel all they want. We, the people of God know the truth and the truth has set us free.

This does not mean that women are inferior to men; or that they have no place in the work of Yahweh. The Holy Scriptures provide several examples of women prophets:

Miriam The Sister of Moses.
    (Exodus 15: 20)

Deborah
    (Judges 4-5)

Huldah The Wife of Shallum.
    (2 Kings 22: 14)

The Four Daughters of Philip The Evangelist.
    (Acts 21: 8-9)

These women obviously used the gift of prophecy to benefit the church; and their prophetic messages were listened to by all who cared to hear the Word of God spoken through them. But they did not preach nor teach in the temple or in the official Sabbath assemblies. Their prophetic messages were delivered outside the official church gatherings. That is the point Paul is making in (1 Corinthians 14: 34) where he plainly states that women are not allowed to teach or preach in the churches.

http://remnantway.com/women_preachers_112.html

Future uncertain for woman facing stoning death

Future uncertain for woman facing stoning death

A woman facing death by stoning in Iran may have been given a reprieve but her future is still uncertain.

The Guardian reports is it unclear whether alleged adulteress Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani will still be executed by other means.

The Iranian embassy in London said the stoning would not go ahead: "according to information from the relevant judicial authorities."

Britain and the United States have urged Iran to halt the execution.

"Stoning is a medieval punishment that has no place in the modern world and the continued use of such a punishment in Iran demonstrates in our view a blatant disregard for human rights commitments which it has previously entered into," Foreign Secretary William Hague told a news conference.

The US State Department said it was deeply troubled by reports of the proposed stoning execution, which it called "a form of legalised death by torture."

Human rights group Amnesty International said last week it feared that Ashtiani, who has two children, could be executed by stoning at any time for adultery.

It said she was convicted in 2006 of having had an "illicit relationship" with two men and received 99 lashes as her sentence.

The rights group said that, despite this, Mohammadi Ashtiani was subsequently convicted of "adultery while being married," which it said she denied, and was sentenced to death by stoning.

Hague called on Iran to put an immediate stay on the execution and review the process by which Mohammadi Ashtiani was tried.

"If this punishment was carried out it would disgust and appal the watching world," he said.

US State Department spokesman Mark Toner called on Iran to end the practice of stoning, which he said violated United Nations covenants on basic human rights.
    "It's barbaric and an abhorrent act," he told reporters.

- Reuters July 9

Quote Originally Posted by DunaMiss View Post
    Thanks to all for the info on Comparet. I've been listening to him on mp3 lately and really appreciate his contribution to True Christianity. He was a brilliant man of great peace, wisdom, and meekness, as his teachings reflect.

According to Comparet, his wife did a great amount of research work in biblical, archeological, and historical fields, which he used for his own study and teaching. She was an accomplished speaker and was used on his broadcast several times. Here's a message from Mrs. Comparet:

http://www.israelect.com/reference/B...Israelite~.mp3
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    I thought women were not meant to be preachers?

# A Woman's Role - * Old Testament
    It would be a tremendous stretch of scripture to say that women are not allowed to speak, proclaim, or declare the gospel to those in their sphere of influence. Women, like men, must believe and obey the doctrines of Jesus Christ and tell the Truth--the Truth that makes people free.

Critical note of Mrs. Comparet's teaching by Clifton A. Emahiser:

(Here's the link for the complete article "THE COMFORT OF THE SCRIPTURES" by Inez Comparet with Emahiser's critical notes: http://emahiser.christogenea.org/Com...Scriptures.pdf )

I never had the privilege to personally meet either Bertrand L. Comparet or his wife Inez. I am only acquainted with their respective voices on audiocassette tape. I think I have only two or three recordings of Inez speaking. I know in some circles in Israel Identity that some men get quite offended if a woman is allowed to speak. I realize that it is Biblical for a woman to be quiet during a worship service. But I’m fully persuaded that if the men are not doing their duty, sometimes a woman must step in and do the job the men are failing to do. I have three particular woman in history that fit such a criteria. These three women in history for which I have special admiration are: Queen Boadicea, Queen Tomyris and Elisabeth Dilling. I don’t know if you have ever heard of Queen Tomyris or not, but she was of the tribe of Massagetae (of Royal blood), and after her husband the King had died, she had to take charge of their army, and she out-maneuvered and outwitted the Biblical Cyrus who was killed in battle when he tried to subdue her an her tribe (Herodotus 1.205 through end of book 1).

Next we shall consider one of the brilliant lady military leaders of her time. Her name was Boadicea. I will quote from Father Abraham’s Children, by Perry Edwards Powell, Ph. D., pages 108-109: “ The last phase of this War of Independence is called the Boadicean War. The Iceni and Coranidae as allies of Rome had as yet been peaceful. King Prasutagus had borrowed two million pounds sterling of Seneca, Nero’s minister, and had given all his public buildings as security. He died at the commencement of the war and made Nero heir with his two daughters. Caius Decius was ordered to collect and he did so with a ferocity and a barbarity, levying on the noble’s palaces as well as the royal properties, that he inflamed the whole island. He seized Queen Boadicea and her daughters and among [his] outrageous acts lashed the Page 4 bare back of the Queen. Now no Cymro will stand for that. When she made her appeal to the men and pulled her long tresses apart and showed her welted back all the men asked to march behind her. The army began with 120,000 men and at its height numbered 230,000. Eighty thousand Romans perished. The Roman army advanced not a step. No quarter was asked or given. Forty thousand Romans were slaughtered in London. In the midst of the conflict Boadicea died, according to Tacitus, of poison. She had earned her name, Victoria. Her successors as generals were Arviragus, Venusius, and Gwallog of Galgacus. The power of the whole Empire of Rome was paralyzed.”

The third lady I have in mind is Elizabeth Dilling whose legacy has left to us a monumental record of the machinations of our common enemy. She fought not with an army under her command, but with her pen. Are we supposed to burn all of her books, as a woman is not to speak out in our assemblies? There are men in Israel Identity today who really think they are hotshots, who can’t hold a candle to Elizabeth Dilling! And if Elizabeth were living today, these same hotshots would refuse to let her to speak at their meetings! Retrospectively, Elizabeth Dilling should have been invited to speak by every church in the America and all White Israel nations.

That brings us to a fourth lady in the person of Inez Comparet. In this article which you have just read, you have witnessed a work that few men in our movement have the capability of composing. Let me repeat just one short passage that everyone should take to heart: “We have been given plenty of warning not to help our enemies. For example, ‘ Give not thine honor to another, nor the things that are profitable unto thee to a strange nation.’ Strange here means foreign. Baruch 4:3 and Ecclesiasticus 12:5 instructs us, ‘ Do well unto him that is lowly, but give not to the ungodly: hold back thy bread, and give it not unto him, lest he overmaster thee thereby: Else thou shalt receive twice as much evil for all the good thou shalt have done unto him.’ Deuteronomy 23:6 also tells us, ‘ Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity, all thy days forever ’.”

Surely it is evident that Inez would not have sent Bibles to Nigeria as did Ted R. Weiland! Not only did Inez show her composing ability, but she must have been a wonderful wife to Bertrand. We should honor Bertrand L. Comparet for his excellent teachings, which I would rate percentage wise in the +90s, but had he not had a woman of the caliber of Inez behind him, chances are he would not have done nearly as well.

-Clifton A. Emahiser

Obadiah 1:18

There have been times in history when God has placed women in positions of authority, but He has done this as a sign of His judgment against men. It's not Yahweh's will for women to lead men into battle nor to rule over men in any way. However, if men aren't going to take charge, as He intended them to do, He will raise up women to do the job. The mistake people make is to look at these heroic women who stepped into the breach, when men wouldn't, at critical times in our history and take that as proof that it's okay for women to be military or religious leaders. No, it's not okay. But if men are going to act like women, sometimes it becomes necessary for women to act like men.

My father was an alcoholic, and my mother always had to do chores like mow the lawn because he wouldn't do them himself. Mum always acquitted herself well no matter what she set her hand to do, but that didn't mean that God wanted her to do all of the work or to be forced into a position where she had to be both father and mother to her children. She had to do those things purely because my father disobeyed God's commandment for him to be the head of the house and to be a loving husband and father.
    Last edited by Obadiah 1:18; 08-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah 1:18 View Post
    There have been times in history when God has placed women in positions of authority, but He has done this as a sign of His judgment against men. It's not Yahweh's will for women to lead men into battle nor to rule over men in any way. However, if men aren't going to take charge, as He intended them to do, He will raise up women to do the job. The mistake people make is to look at these heroic women who stepped into the breach, when men wouldn't, at critical times in our history and take that as proof that it's okay for women to be military or religious leaders. No, it's not okay. But if men are going to act like women, sometimes it becomes necessary for women to act like men.

My father was an alcoholic, and my mother always had to do chores like mow the lawn because he wouldn't do them himself. Mum always acquitted herself well no matter what she set her hand to do, but that didn't mean that God wanted her to do all of the work or to be forced into a position where she had to be both father and mother to her children. She had to do those things purely because my father disobeyed God's commandment for him to be the head of the house and to be a loving husband and father.
    Good point, Obadiah. Yahweh wants His men to carry out their role of leadership as He designed it. This does not have any bearing on whether or not women should speak, proclaim, or declare the gospel to those in their sphere of influence. Women, like men, must believe and obey the doctrines of Jesus Christ and tell the Truth--the Truth that makes people free. Some people call this preaching. I call it obeying the commands of Jesus.

The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host. Psalm 68:11 NASB

Obadiah 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by DunaMiss View Post
    This does not have any bearing on whether or not women should speak, proclaim, or declare the gospel to those in their sphere of influence. Women, like men, must believe and obey the doctrines of Jesus Christ and tell the Truth--the Truth that makes people free. Some people call this preaching. I call it obeying the commands of Jesus.

The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host. Psalm 68:11 NASB
    I agree. As long as they're not doing their preaching and proclaiming from behind a pulpit.

Jesus set quite a precedent for ministry to women, for receiving ministry from women, and for commissioning women to proclaim the gospel truth. Here are some of the numerous accounts of women ministering to Jesus and of women declaring the good news of Jesus to others.

Elizabeth, a righteous daughter of the priestly line of Aaron, was the first person recorded in the New Testament to proclaim a blessing over Jesus:

…Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she cried out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb….” (Luke 1:41-42)

Mary also prophesied regarding Jesus:

And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; for behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him From generation to generation. He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty. He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy, as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed forever." (Luke 1:46-55)

Anna, a prophetess, confirmed Jesus to be the Redeemer of Israel in the midst of the temple in Jerusalem when He was brought there for His dedication. The bible says that Anna was always in the temple. She prophesied and gave thanks aloud in the temple. She talked about Jesus to all those who came to the temple and were looking for redemption. She declared the truth about Jesus in the temple.

And there was one Anna, a prophetess, …which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem. (Luke 2:36-38)

Jesus spoke to the woman at the well and gave her deep truths about salvation. She went forth spreading the news about Jesus to the men in the city, and they in turn came to Jesus and believed on Him.

The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, “Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?” Then they went out of the city, and came unto him. …And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, “He told me all that ever I did.” (John 4:28-30, 39)

Women travelled with Jesus and ministered to Him as He went about preaching the good news of the Kingdom.

And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him, and certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, and Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance. (Luke 8:1-3)

There were also some women looking on from a distance, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the Less and Joses, and Salome. When He was in Galilee, they used to follow Him and minister to Him; and there were many other women who came up with Him to Jerusalem. (Mark 15:40-41)

Before all the men present at a dinner gathering, Jesus received a special anointing for His burial from a woman. He rebuked His disciples when they criticized Him for doing so.

A woman came to Him having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured it on His head as He sat at the table. But when His disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste?” …But when Jesus was aware of it, He said to them, “Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a good work for Me. …For in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, she did it for My burial. Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her."
    (Matthew 26:7-13)

Jesus appeared after His resurrection first to a woman and commanded her to go and declare the good news to the assembly of His disciples.

Jesus saith unto her, “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, ‘I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God.’” Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things unto her. (John 20:17-18)

Jesus received ministry from women and sent women out to declare the good news during His ministry on earth. His ways have not changed with the passing of two thousand years. Since Jesus doesn’t have a problem receiving from women nor with women preaching the truth, neither should we.