Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seduction of Eve

Obadiah 1:18

Re: Who did Adam eat with?

Tree is often used as a metaphor for man in the Bible, and fruit as a metaphor for children, as in "fruit of thy womb", so the logical choice is that Adam had sex with a non-white or a fallen angel. That he ate of the same fruit as Eve does not necessarily mean that he had sex with the same being but probably with a similar kind of being. If we were all to eat an orange, we would all partake of the same fruit but not the same orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Obadiah 1:18 View Post
    Tree is often used as a metaphor for man in the Bible, and fruit as a metaphor for children, as in "fruit of thy womb", so the logical choice is that Adam had sex with a non-white or a fallen angel. That he ate of the same fruit as Eve does not necessarily mean that he had sex with the same being but probably with a similar kind of being. If we were all to eat an orange, we would all partake of the same fruit but not the same orange.
    Brilliant logic. Seems like there may have been quite a party going on in the garden...

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD.... (Isaiah 1:18)

Now that's some great artwork! Praise the Saxons.

Many of the pictures portray the serpent as being female. Satan had to be a male in order to impregnate Eve and father Cain. Also ... the Bible calls him "he." Interesting pictures though.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    http://jewishchristianlit.com//Topic...h/aNePics.html - VIEW LINK

Detail from Temptation, Fall, and Expulsion
    from Les Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry, 1411-1416. Brothers Limbourg
    Photo: Josse/Art Resource, New York

Detail from a Manuscript Illumination
    15th century

Detail from
    The Fall of Man Titian (c. 1480-1576)
    Canvas, 240x186 cm. (c. 1570).
    Prado Museum, Madrid.

Detail from Temptation and Fall
    Michelangelo
    from the Sistine Chapel Ceiling

Detail from Temptation Lutwin (15th. c.).

Detail from a Miniature
    Florence
    Photo: Scala/Art Resource, New York

Detail from Original Sin
    Hugo van der Goes (c. 1440-1482)
    (1467/8) 35.5x23.2 cm.
    Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna.

Detail from a temptation scene
    from the Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris.

Detail from Paradise
    Hieronymus Bosch
    c. 1510.
    Prado, Madrid

For years I thought Adam had "eaten" with a sixth day creation but now lean more towards Lilith (Satan in female form).

It's interesting how the OSLs love saying seedliners teach Adam was somehow a “homosexual.”

This thread could become rather valuable to counter their nonsense.

One might ask “What was the key mission of the serpent”; according to the Book of Genesis. This very short analysis on this subject has everything needed to verify its contents. This document, I believe conforms to the teaching of DSL from another perspective. I welcome comments and criticisms.

I will stay within the confines of the book Genesis; this portion of scripture Gen, 2:4b – 5:1 ending with the second colophon “This is the book of the generations of Adam” I believe were personally written by Adam approximate 1,465 years before Moses placed his hands on these sacred ancient texts written in cuneiform script. The one person who knew all the facts about the Fall is stated to be the source from which the account came. The record shows evidence of being a very personal account Genesis 3:10.

• Genesis 3:10, And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

I suggest that no later writer would have used such intimate phrases in the first person.

In Genesis 2:24 the narrator points forward to a sexual relation between the man and the woman, but the ignorance of both of them is apparent from Genesis 2:25: the otherness of the partner is not perceived.

• Genesis 2:24-25, Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Like death, sexuality is present as a possibility, but it does not materialize, because the knowledge or differentiation which is required is as yet absent i.e. they have no knowledge on how to copulate. This is where the “serpent” comes into play as a “deceiving teacher”.

I consider the term “serpent” of Genesis 3:1 to be a “hysteron proteron” and can not possess this identity of being a “serpent” until YHWH placed a curse upon him in Genesis 3:14.

• Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Thus, I consider this creature to be a pre-Adamic being. Therefore I will refer to him as a “being”; rather a pre-Adamic human being or a fallen angel Adam does not reveal this information. Perhaps there were no words at this particular time to identify this creature as being terrestrial or celestial.

This “being” has knowledge closely related to not-dying or living.

• Genesis 3:4, And the serpent said unto the woman. Ye shall not surely die:

To the opening of the eyes Genesis 3:5a and to YHWH’s knowledge Genesis 3:5b.

• Genesis 3:5, For God knows that in the day you eat of it (a) your eyes will be opened, and (b) you, will be like God, knowing good and evil."

In Genesis 3:1-5 it is this pre-Adamic “being” which posits and presents life, while death is not established until the following episode. Death does not happen through the agency of this “being”, but as a result of YHWH’s action.

• Genesis 3:19, In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return."

This “beings” conversation with the woman becomes clear that he wants to open the eyes of the woman to make her wise. This “being” wants to stimulate the woman’s liking and seeing Genesis 3:4-5 and the first thing the woman does in Genesis 3:6 is indeed to look and see.

• Genesis 3:6, And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

On the basis of this seeing the woman arrives at the decision to eat, and the husband joins her. What the “being” foretold has come true: the eyes of the woman are opened first followed by the man second; they perceive and become aware of their nakedness Genesis 3:7.

• Genesis 3:7, And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked;

The consequence of this eating is that their eyes are opened and that they become aware. It does not say that they notice their nakedness, rather which the realization dawns upon them #3045 ידע yada that they are naked Genesis 3:7. Seeing their nakedness gives them knowledge about the difference between man and woman. This knowledge about the difference is the basis of procreation, of the renewal of life. As the knowledge of the “being” with reference to the tree of knowledge Gen. 3:5 is closely related to life and the renewing dimension of life, so the knowledge of man and woman is closely related to their procreative or life-renewing capacity. The term #3045 ידע yada is used here in precisely these two meanings: knowing in the sense of discerning and knowing in the sense of carnal knowledge or sexual intercourse.

The words #6174 ערוס/5903 עירמ and #6172 ערוח as the visible carrier signs of a fundamental textual content: their iconic relation enables the reader to detect a correspondence between being naked, seeing, knowing and giving life. The knowledge which man and woman acquire concerns life-giving and #3045 ידעrepresents both sides of this knowledge; the power to create life makes the Adam-man similar to YHWH, because it is in this knowledge and this procreative power that man and woman approach both YHWH’s knowledge, His creative power. In Gen. 3:5 the similarity to YHWH is expressed only by the ‘being’ is confirmed by YHWH. This shows the extent to which all textual elements are related. The “being”, Adam-man, and woman correspond with each other, because they are naked and aware of it, i.e. they see and know it. They are connected with life and know how to re produce themselves in a new life through their descendants; the ‘being’ as a personal teacher Gen. 3:13 # 5377 נשא nasha of life and wisdom has opened the eyes of the woman by physically showing her how to copulate and then the woman opens the eyes of Adam by having sexual intercourse with him. So the hypothesis the reader developed in the beginning on the basis of the iconic relation between #6172 ערוח ervah and #6174 ערוס arowm has been verified by the text. Procreative capacity should not only be understood here as being able to bring forth, but also as knowing how to bring forth and wanting (or having to) bring forth. In other words: capacity is understood here as competence in the structuralist sense of the word, consisting of the three modalities to know how to, to want/have to and to be able to.

The connection between the two trees, the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil can now be made more explicit. After Gen. 2:9b the tree of life is only mentioned again in Gen. 3:22 “YHWH said: now that the human has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat and live forever!” The tree of life is no longer just described as the tree of life as before, but as the tree of eternal life. It is difficult to define what makes eternal life eternal, because there is nothing lacking, because there is no reason for distinction or discontinuity, because time does not exist, there is only pure timelessness. The tree of life which stands in the Paradise of the future it is said: “Blessed are they that do His commandments that they may have right to the tree of life;” so in Eden man’s immortality was suspended on the condition of obedience. In my own opinion I can only say that the “Tree of Life” can only be divine nourishment for the soul unto everlasting life through our Kinsmen Redeemer Christ.

Sources consulted:

1.Hebrew and English Lexicon including The Biblical Chaldee – 1828
    2.The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon – 2004
    3.Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible – 1975
    4.Cruden’s Complete Concordance to the Old and New Testaments Third Edition 1769
    5.Idioms in the Bible Explained – George M. Lamsa 1985
    6.Dictionary of all Scriptures and Myths – G.S. Gaskell 1981
    7.Words become Worlds: Semantic studies of Genesis 1-11 Ellen van Wolde 1994
    8.A Religio-Semiotic Analysis of the Story of the Fall – Davidsen, O 1982
    9.Ancient Records and the Structure of Genesis – P.J. Wiseman 1985
    10.The Hebrew Greek study Bible KJV
    11.The Septuagint with Apocrypha Greek and English
    12.Chambers Dictionary of Etymology 1988
    13.The Anchor Bible Dictionary Vol. 6 pp 657
    14.The Expositors Bible, Genesis Marcus Dods 1912

Exile

Blog Entries

Gen 3:6 - "When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

Sounds like "group sex" of some type.
    Gna!

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    You know, I feel that 2 Seedline CI preachers focus on what Eve did but don't really give much info on ''who Adam ate with ''
    Sadly, true. Judeo-Christian preachers also focus predominately on Eve's sin in the garden, not Adam's. It's too bad that they put more emphasis on the person who was deceived and sinned, rather than on the one who was not deceived, yet sinned anyway. They both participated in the transgression, regardless of how it all went down. Somebody should have been doing some protecting and rebuking around there.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:13-14)

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. (Genesis 3:12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by DunaMiss View Post
    Sadly, true. Judeo-Christian preachers also focus predominately on Eve's sin in the garden, not Adam's. It's too bad that they put more emphasis on the person who was deceived and sinned, rather than on the one who was not deceived, yet sinned anyway. They both participated in the transgression, regardless of how it all went down. Somebody should have been doing some protecting and rebuking around there.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:13-14)

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. (Genesis 3:12-13)
    Amen, sister! Adam was more deceived than Eve.

Lilith is also the basis for the "mermaid" myth.