Thread: Petra: All About "big brother" Esau/Edom

govnn.com

Petra: All About "big brother" Esau/Edom

by Professor Dr. Mohamed Elmasry

The Qur’an refers to many pre-Islamic peoples who rejected the divine guidance brought by those prophets and messengers who were sent among them. One of those groups, the people of Thamoud, constructed secure and mighty buildings that were literally carved into the rocky sides of mountains.

They were a skilled and abundantly productive people whose gifts and prosperity came from God, although they did not acknowledge Him. According to the Qur’an, their Prophet was Saleh, but they rejected Saleh’s message to worship only the One God and thus became corrupt. Eventually, a powerful earthquake destroyed many of their cities.

The story of Thamoud and their Prophet Saleh is mentioned in the Qur’an in three chapters; (7: 72-79), (15: 80 - 84) and (126: 141-159).

While the Qur’an does not mention Petra by name as the capital city of Thamoud, it is highly likely that the builders of Petra and the people of the Prophet Saleh were one and the same.

The ancient stone city of Petra is the most famous attraction in Jordan. It is nestled in the mountains south of the Dead Sea, about 260 kms west of Amman.

Archaeologists today know it as the capital of the Nabataean Arabs (the people of Thamoud in the Qur’an) who inhabited the area during ancient times and carved their homes, temples, tombs and other buildings out of solid rock. Petra and its early name Sela both mean “stone” in Greek.

The Anglican theologian, antiquities expert and amateur poet, Dean Burgon (1813 - 1888) was enchanted by contemporary descriptions and drawings of Petra — so much so, that he penned a prize-winning sonnet about the fabled city, despite never having seen it. The most famous couplet of his poem reads: “Match me such a marvel save in Eastern clime, a rose-red city half as old as time.”

As in ancient times, visitors of today approach the centre of Petra along the Siq, a deep and winding 1.5 km cleft in the rock that varies in width from 5 to 200 metres. No motorized vehicles are permitted; one can walk the distance, ride on horseback, or be taken in a horse-drawn carriage.

As you go through the Siq, steep mountain walls tower more than 200 meters up on both sides, creating a scene like no other.

But the Siq can be as deadly as it is beautiful; in 1963 a sudden downpour sent torrents of water down the narrow gorge and 28 people were drowned in a flash flood from which there was no escape.

You can easily take hundreds of pictures of the fascinating rock formations along the way before even entering the amazing main square of the city.

When you do finally reach the end of the Siq, the cleft suddenly opens out upon the most impressive of all Petra’s monuments, called Al-Khazneh, which is Arabic for “the Treasury.”

One of the most elegant remains of any known ancient site, it is carved out of solid rock from the mountainside and its façade rises more than 40 meters high. Estimates of its age range from 100 BCE to 200 CE.

Al-Khazneh actually served as a royal tomb, but gets its financial description from a legend that pirates once hid their treasure there. Later, Bedouin raiders periodically fired guns at the building in unsuccessful attempts to find the mythical “treasure” and their bullet holes are clearly visible today.

Buildings hollowed out of “living rock” have been found in a number of places throughout the world, but Petra is unique for the size and complexity of its architecture. Almost all of its hundreds of buildings have been hewn out of solid rock; only a few are free-standing edifices.

Another unusual aspect of Petra is that it has been inhabited almost continuously. Until 1984, many of its buildings were home to local Bedouins; they were relocated to modern housing near the adjacent town of Wadi Mousa. In 1985, Petra was officially declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

For centuries, however, Petra was one of the ancient world’s “best kept secrets,” known only to local Bedouins and Arab traders. But in 1812 Johann Ludwig Burckhardt (1784-1817), a Swiss-born, British-educated explorer and convert to Islam, visited the ancient city and sent copious notes on this and other explorations back to Europe for publication.

Archaeologists believe that the site of Petra has been inhabited off and on from prehistoric times. It only became a major centre, however, when the nomadic Nabataeans migrated from the western Arabian Peninsula during the sixth century BCE and settled in the area.

They successfully developed and expanded Petra as a wealthy crossroads town — a commercial centre for Arabian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Greek and Roman traders which connected the Red Sea, Damascus and southern Arabia. But the growing economic and political power of the Nabataeans began to worry the Romans, so in 31 BCE King Herod the Great took control of a large area of Nabataean territory, including Petra.

Nabataean society impressed the Roman scholar Strabo, who wrote that their community was governed by a royal family that leaned toward the spirit of democracy; their king was so just that he often rendered a public account of his rule to a citizens’ assembly.

With its incorporation into the Roman Empire, Petra reached the heyday of its growth and regional stature, with a population estimated at between 20,000 and 30,000. But the great rock city’s fortunes began to decline with a shift in trade routes north to Palmyra in Syria. Then in 363 CE, nature struck an even harder blow than changing human fashions: Petra was devastated by a major earthquake that destroyed its free-standing structures. Fortunately, the great rock-carved buildings were preserved.

By the time Muslims moved north to Petra during the seventh century CE, it was no longer a prosperous trading centre. In 747 CE, the city was damaged again by an earthquake and lapsed into insignificance, interrupted only by the arrival of a small Crusader community during the 12th or 13th centuries. For the next 600 years or so, it languished in forgotten obscurity until Burckhardt rediscovered it in 1812 (only five years before his death of exhaustion and disease at the young age of 33).

In honour of Petra, I recommend the book “Petra and the Holy Land” which contains copies of the beautiful lithographs made by the Scottish traveler,

David Roberts (1796-1864).

After seeing Petra, one poet wrote admiringly: “Under the arch of Life where love and death, terror and mystery, guard her shrine, I saw beauty enthroned; and though her gaze struck awe, I drew it in as simply as my breath.”

Petra still casts her magic spell of ancient grace and beauty on present-day travelers; for many, it is one of those “must-see” lifetime destinations.

http://rehmatpedia.islamunity.net/

More...

Blog Entries

Re: Petra - How living rock became a home

Petra is located in EDOM. Esau was quite the mongrelizer. Though he was of the Adamic race and the blood of Abraham, "A little leaven leavens the whole lump" and he committed genocide by marrying into the bloodline of Canaan, "leavening" his progeny, the Edomites. Genesis 36:8, "Esau is Edom."

The Jewish Encyclopedia tells us that "Edom is in Modern Jewry". This witness from the 1905 edition records the connection between modern day Jews and the race of Edom: "Some anthropologists are inclined to associate the racial origins of the Jews, not with the Semites, whose language they adopted, but with the Armenians and Hittites of Mesopotamia, whose broad skulls and curved noses they appear to have inherited (Vol. X, p. 284).
    Gna!

Re: Petra: All About "big brother" Esau/Edom

YouTube - The Jewish Look

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

by JohnCalvin12 (Posted Tue, 11 May 2010 19:57:51 +0000)
    Swordslinger wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...22/ixworld.html

This is not a surprize to me at all. I believe in fact that is has Biblical merit. Note that Abraham was called the "Father of the Faithfull". Christ and John the Baptist notice the snakes that came to them and said,

"Matthew 3 : 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Matthew 12 : 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23 : 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luke 3 : 7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

It is clear that there are also a "generation" that are enemies of God/Christ.

Here is the deffinition of the word used, "generation".

1085 genos ghen'-os from 1096; "kin" (abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective):--born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock.

Notice the Greek word, "Genos". Its where we get our word gentetic. I could as easily have been translated, "race of vipers".

That makes alot of sense when you think about it.
    I am curious, if the Edomite Jews were mixed breeds, and can't be considered "sinners" since they are not "Adamites" in full, how can Christ say they are without excuse for their sin (see John 8 and 16, especially their unbelief alluded to). I am asking because CI people have stressed that not non-whites (people with a drop of non-Adamite blood) don't descend from Adam and therefore can't be sinners (i.e. Dan Gayman in his book "DO ALL RACES SHARE IN SALVATION").

The way I reason is that Christ at this point isn't being exact as to who is a sinner and who isn't. He is just simply shaming them for their hypocrisy of violating the Mosiac law which overwhelmingly pointed to him. The second answer I can think of is that they were abnormal, since according to Serpent Seed doctrine, they had Lucifer's and Cain's seed in them. What do you think?

Not to be abrupt with any of my questions, I am just curious.

More...
    (2005-2010) Destroyed by Amy Rose!

A Study on Esau / Edom - Brother Jason Swanson

This article was in the wayback machine...if you search you can find a lot of interesting Christian Identity articles.

A Study on Esau / Edom

Brother Jason Swanson

This study will be on who the Edominites are and the importance of knowing this information. We’ll start with the word Edom itself. The Hebrew word Edom means = RED (#123 strongs) a name given to Esau, the elder twin-brother of Jacob. Edom is another name for Esau, thus his descendants were called Edomites. The Greek word Idumea also means Red. Idumea is the land in which Esau occupied, just south of Judea. Esau despised his birthright and lost his blessing to Jacob

Gen. 25:29-32,

29: And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
    30: And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
    31: And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
    32: And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?

Gen.27:1-30

1: And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his eldest son, and said unto him, My son: and he said unto him, Behold, here am I.
    2: And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:
    3: Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
    4: And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
    5: And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it.
    6: And Rebekah spake unto Jacob her son, saying, Behold, I heard thy father speak unto Esau thy brother, saying,
    7: Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death.
    8: Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee.
    9: Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savoury meat for thy father, such as he loveth:
    10: And thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eat, and that he may bless thee before his death.
    11: And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man:
    12: My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a deceiver; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing.
    13: And his mother said unto him, Upon me be thy curse, my son: only obey my voice, and go fetch me them.
    14: And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother: and his mother made savoury meat, such as his father loved.
    15: And Rebekah took goodly raiment of her eldest son Esau, which were with her in the house, and put them upon Jacob her younger son:
    16: And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck:
    17: And she gave the savoury meat and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.
    18: And he came unto his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I; who art thou, my son?
    19: And Jacob said unto his father, I am Esau thy firstborn; I have done according as thou badest me: arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.
    20: And Isaac said unto his son, How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son? And he said, Because the LORD thy God brought it to me.
    21: And Isaac said unto Jacob, Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not.
    22: And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.
    23: And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands: so he blessed him.
    24: And he said, Art thou my very son Esau? And he said, I am.
    25: And he said, Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought it near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine, and he drank.
    26: And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son.
    27: And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:
    28: Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:
    29: Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
    30: And it came to pass, as soon as Isaac had made an end of blessing Jacob, and Jacob was yet scarce gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother came in from his hunting.
    31: And he also had made savoury meat, and brought it unto his father, and said unto his father, Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.
    32: And Isaac his father said unto him, Who art thou? And he said, I am thy son, thy firstborn Esau.
    33: And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said, Who? where is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before thou camest, and have blessed him? yea, and he shall be blessed.
    34: And when Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with a great and exceeding bitter cry, and said unto his father, Bless me, even me also, O my father.
    35: And he said, Thy brother came with subtilty, and hath taken away thy blessing.
    36: And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?
    37: And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?
    38: And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.
    39: And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;
    40: And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.
    41: And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.
    42: And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee.
    43: Now therefore, my son, obey my voice; and arise, flee thou to Laban my brother to Haran;
    44: And tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away;
    45: Until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him: then I will send, and fetch thee from thence: why should I be deprived also of you both in one day?
    46: And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?

Jacob received the promise through him and his seed (bloodline). Esau and his seed ( bloodline) were to be subservient to Jacob and his seed. In Gen. 25:30, we saw Esau being called Edom for the first time. Later Esau married two Hittite women

Gen. 26:34-35

34: And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite:
    35: Which were a grief of mind unto Isaac and to Rebekah.

This being against YHVH’s laws forbidding interracial marriages, Deut. 7, Deut. 23:2, Joshua 23, Neh.13:25-27, Hosea 5:6-7 and Jude 7. This is why Isaac and Rebekah were “grieved” that Esau married outside his race(Jer.49:10). The Hitties are of a Mongrelized, Canaanite stock. Esau left canaan to go to Mount Seir and become the father of the Ed-omites (Gen. 36:9-12). We see here Amalak is of Edom/Esau’s bloodline and in Ex. 17:, Amalek has a bitter enmity towards the Israelites “God’s Chosen”. We Israelites are to have war with them from generations, Never Peace! Lets look to scripture to find the characteristics of Edom/Esau. Gen. 27:40, shows us the blessings given to Esau to be a war like People’s and to serve thy brother ( Jacob/Israel). II Chr.25:14, 19-20, Edomites had other “Gods” , not our Ever-living God YHVH. Isiah 34:5-6, Idumeans (Edom) are a cursed people and will be judged. Jer. 49:16 -20, this is YHVH’s oath that the “Proud and Cruel” Edomities will be a desolation, destroyed.

16: Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.
    17: Also Edom shall be a desolation: every one that goeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss at all the plagues thereof.
    18: As in the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the LORD, no man shall abide there, neither shall a son of man dwell in it.
    19: Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?
    20: Therefore hear the counsel of the LORD, that he hath taken against Edom; and his purposes, that he hath purposed against the inhabitants of Teman: Surely the least of the flock shall draw them out: surely he shall make their habitations desolate with them.

Ezek. 25:12-14, Edom is a vindictive people and offensive to YHVH

12: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because that Edom hath dealt against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and hath greatly offended, and revenged himself upon them;
    13: Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also stretch out mine hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it; and I will make it desolate from Teman; and they of Dedan shall fall by the sword.
    14: And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel: and they shall do in Edom according to mine anger and according to my fury; and they shall know my vengeance, saith the Lord GOD.

St. Matt.13:41

41: The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

What relations did Edom have with Israel? In Num. 20:18-21, Edom, with enmity (Hatred) refused passage to Israel through their land. Ezek. 35:5-9, YHVH tells us that Edom has had a perpetual hatred toward the Israelites. The hatred still exists today. Edom is the enemy of Israel. I Sam. 14:47-48, these verses shows us Edom/Amalek are Israel’s enemy, and we (Israelites) warred against them.

Psalms 137:7, Edom aided Babylon against the people of Israel.

7: Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.

What is to become of this cursed enemy of ours? Let’s look in Is. 34:5-17

5: For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
    6: The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
    7: And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
    8: For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
    9: And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.
    10: It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.
    11: But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
    12: They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, and all her princes shall be nothing.
    13: And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.
    14: The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
    15: There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.
    16: Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
    17: And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein..

Ezek.3:5-15

5: For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel;
    6: Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee.
    7: But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted.
    8: Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.
    9: As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
    10: Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears.
    11: And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.
    12: Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place.
    13: I heard also the noise of the wings of the living creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheels over against them, and a noise of a great rushing.
    14: So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me.
    15: Then I came to them of the captivity at Tel-abib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days.

And then read all of Obadiah. Edom is to be utterly destroyed. St. Matt. 13:24-30, 37-43, This refers to Esau’s and Cains descendant’s (both Cain & Esau mixed with the Canaanites). St. John 8:33-47

33: They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    34: Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    35: And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
    36: If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    37: I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
    38: I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
    39: They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
    40: But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
    41: Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
    42: Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
    43: Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
    44: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    45: And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
    46: Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
    47: He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

(8:33), tells us the “Jews” spoken of are the descendant’s of Esau, for Esau was a descendant of Abraham, but his (Esau) mongrelized descendants didn’t stay with the Israelites when they were placed in bondage. (see II Kings 17:17-23

17: And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
    18: Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.
    19: Also Judah kept not the commandments of the LORD their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made.
    20: And the LORD rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.
    21: For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the LORD, and made them sin a great sin.
    22: For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them;
    23: Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

and II Kings 25:8-11

8: And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came Nebuzar-adan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, unto Jerusalem:
    9: And he burnt the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's house burnt he with fire.
    10: And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about.
    11: Now the rest of the people that were left in the city, and the fugitives that fell away to the king of Babylon, with the remnant of the multitude, did Nebuzar-adan the captain of the guard carry away.

YASHUA further explains back in John 8 that these “Jews” are not of YHVH, but of the Devil.

So with this knowledge of Esau/Edom and and their curse and hatred towards us, the wars we’ve fought and YHVH’s hatred toward them to utterly destroy them. We need to know what to do now with this knowledge. Lets close with some scripture help.

Ps. 45:5-7,

5: Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.
    6: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
    7: Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Ps.139:19-24 ,

19: Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
    20: For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
    21: Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    22: I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
    23: Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
    24: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Prov. 8:13,

13: The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

and Amos. 5:15.

15: Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Hail Victory !

SQUANDERING OUR BIRTHRIGHT

SQUANDERING OUR BIRTHRIGHT
    by Pastor Bertrand L. Comparet
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 25th Chapter of Genesis, tells us that Jacob and Esau were twin brothers, sons of Isaac and in line to inherit the wonderful blessings God had promised to Abraham, Isaac and their descendants. It also tells that Esau was the first born and therefore entitled to the Birthright of a double measure of blessings. Yet God told the prophet Malachi, "Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob and I hated Esau." (Malachi 1:2-3) The Birthright was lost by Esau and inherited by Jacob, our ancestor, whose name God Himself changed from Jacob to ISRAEL (meaning ruling with God") and to whom God confirmed all of His promises and prophecies.

In all the world's history, no-one was ever offered such marvelous blessings as were in this Birthright. To lose it was a most terrible loss, yet Esau and his descendants lost it. We now have it, yet we are today in great danger of losing it the same as Esau lost it. Genesis 25:34 tells us that ESAU DESPISED HIS BIRTHRIGHT and therefore lost it. Today our politicians and our churches are in an evil contest to see which can teach our people to despise our Birthright the most. If we do not swiftly repent of this, we too can lose our Birthright.

What are we talking about? What is this Birthright? It is all the blessings promised by God. But every coin has two sides and every blessing has the corresponding duty on our part to do the thing which God has said. They are both promises and commands. Let's briefly list these major promises God made to Abraham, Isaac and Israel, our ancestors.

"I will multiply thy seed as the stars of heaven and as the sand of the seashore (Genesis 22:17). I will make of thee a great nation and I will bless thee and make thy name great (Genesis 12:2). I will make nations of thee, a great and mighty nation and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in thee (Genesis 35:11); thou shalt spread abroad, to the west and to the east, and to the north and to the south (Genesis 28:14); for thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the nations and make the desolate places to be inhabited (Isaiah 54:2-3); thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies (Genesis 22:17); thou art My battleaxe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations and with thee will I destroy Kingdoms (Jeremiah 51:20); behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord (Isaiah 54:15-17); ye are My witnesses saith the Lord and My servant whom I have chosen (Isaiah 43:10); YOU ONLY HAVE I KNOWN, OF ALL THE FAMILIES OF THE EARTH (Amos 3:2); therefore, God give thee of the dew of heaven and the fatness of the earth and plenty of corn and wine: let people serve thee and nations bow down to thee; be Lord over thy brethren and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee; cursed be everyone that curseth thee and blessed be he that blesseth thee (Genesis 27:28-29)."

A pretty impressive list, isn't it? Why would Esau be willing to lose it?

Because it carried duties he wasn't willing to bear. He was to keep the race line pure, to be strong, to spread abroad in colonies and rule the backward people, to develop the rich natural resources of the earth; to destroy in battle all satanic nations who oppose God's plan; and to be God's witness to the truth of our religion. Esau was of too weak a character to assume these duties. He lost the birthright when he polluted the race by marrying Canaanite and Ishmaelite wives (Genesis 26:34-35 & 28:8-9. His sale of the Birthright for a bowl of stew was only a formal ceremony expressing what was already a fact. WHERE DO WE COME IN? God has fulfilled His part of the bargain by giving us all the promised blessings. However, we are now backing out of our part, refusing to do the things God said we should do in this same Birthright.

Our politicians and our churches teach us to violate God's commands, for the evil profit they can make from our enemies both within and without our nation. The command was that WE should be strong and rich with the fatness of the earth, not that we should make God's enemies rich and strong with it. God gives these blessings to those who worship Him, not to those who worship devils.

We are to be God's witnesses that prosperity and power are His gifts and obtainable only from Him. Yet now we are told we must share all this equally with the "have not" nations, reduce ourselves to their level, while making them rich and strong; that we must dissipate God's gifts to finance the Congo natives in their cannibalism and worship of witch doctors, voodoo devils; that we must give up our right to determine our own, independent course and become a helpless pawn in the hands of the United Nations, where the cannibals alone outvote us 24 to 1.

God expressly commanded us to be colonizers. He did not say "You MAY, but said "THOU SHALT." Today, how our politicians and our preachers denounce "imperialism".

Franklin D. Roosevelt said that his great ambition was to be known in history as "The man who broke up the British Empire." OUR financial pressure forced Britain to pull out of India and Egypt, so those two nations now vote regularly with the Red bloc against us. We brought Cuba and the Phillippines the greatest liberty and prosperity they ever had. Then we became ashamed of our good works and pulled out.

What is Cuba today? The Phillippines have lost their prosperity and are in great danger of losing everything to Communism. We forced the Dutch out of Indonesia and have made it a Red submarine base to be used against us. We forced European influence out of China and made it what it is today. We forced Belgium, France and England out of Africa.

The Congo demonstrates what we are thereby accomplishing. Do we expect God's approval when we destroy civilization in half of the world? Not content with that, it has now become our policy to waste our wealth, despising God's blessings, to finance uncivilized, pagan, God hating governments, even including the enemy Communist governments of Yugoslavia and Poland. Our president tells us that we have not done nearly enough, that we must grind our taxpayers into the dust to raise hundreds of billions of dollars for those who hate us and our God. Do you expect God to bless us when we try only to strengthen His enemies?

God commanded us to be His battleaxe and weapons of war, to destroy the satanic nations when they threaten peace. Yet our president said that we should apologize for merely watching what preparations Russia is making to destroy us! That we should try to negotiate co-existence on terms Russia will approve. In all history, surrender to Satan has never avoided war, instead it has brought wars as our well earned punishment.

God commanded us to be His witnesses. Yet, when we should be witnesses for Jesus Christ, what do we do find? The blasphemous spectacle of Jewish Rabbis invited to preach in Christian churches, in the name of "Brotherhood"! Brotherhood with what? With anti Christ! II John 7:11 warns us, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; THIS IS A DECEIVER AND AN ANTICHRIST....WHOSOEVER TRANSGRESSETH AND ABIDETH NOT IN THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST HATH NOT GOD...IF THERE COME ANY UNTO YOU AND BRING NOT THIS DOCTRINE, RECEIVE HIM NOT INTO YOUR HOUSE, NEITHER BID HIM GODSPEED: FOR HE THAT BIDDETH HIM GODSPEED IS PARTAKER OF HIS EVIL DEEDS." Jesus Christ, Himself said,"He that hateth ME hateth MY FATHER also". (John 15:23)

Esau despised his Birthright, because he lacked the moral courage to accept its duties. We have been betrayed by those we should be able to trust, our political leaders and our clergymen. We have been led to despise the duties of our Birthright. After Esau realized how much he had lost, he tried in vain to regain it. Hebrews 12:17 says, "For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears." Before we find ourselves in that same disaster, let us stop committing the Sin of Esau, despising our Birthright.

Have faith, it will work out as planned:

http://resources.christianity.com/de...bf4466bad.aspx

While I believe Pastor Alan Campbell is a little weak on the issue of 'jews' at times, and other non-Israyl, this tape speaks of the power of the holy people being scattered, but it works out right in the end.

The Age of Jacob is about to begin, the Age of Esau is soon to be over.

Text Source of commentary: Exodus 23:27

In real kindness to the church, its enemies are subdued by little and little; thus we are kept on our guard, and in continual dependence on God. Corruptions are driven out of the hearts of God's people, not all at once, but by little and little. The precept with this promise is, that they should not make friendship with idolaters. Those that would keep from bad courses, must keep from bad company. It is dangerous to live in a bad neighbourhood; others' sins will be our snares. Our greatest danger is from those who would make us sin against God.

I'm in total agreement with the principles Matthew Henry is laying down. I'll just add this: We choose to either be a light in the darkness, or be a part of the darkness itself. Being in this world, and not of it, does not call us to remove ourselves from the world. I choose to not hide whatever light I have from those who need it the most.

We are to occupy until Jesus comes back. Too many whites have run from their responsibility to spread the light of Christ to the heathen. I live in a neighborhood that's a victim of "white flight." All neighborhoods that have been abandoned by whites are riddled with crime and poverty.

Why is it that the vine, in general, does not wish to have others grafted to the vine? By that I DO NOT mean physical integration. I strictly mean a relationship with Christ. Pride in something usually leads one to want to get others to join.

Light bearers can't complain about the darkness when they've removed their light from that darkness.

Lot's family couldn't live in Sodom because they were spiritually weak. They obviously did become too friendly with the citizens and adopted their culture. His wife was so attached, she looked back as they fled. They were not a light to the people of Sodom. They were good people but neutral to the evil around them.

Jesus dwelled amongst a fallen mankind to be a lighthouse drawing us out of the sea of sin and into a relationship with His father. What a wonderful example He set.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Obadiah 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by seedliner View Post
    YouTube - The Jewish Look

I always wondered where Ruth Bader Ginsburg got her stunning good looks.

Petra : The Forgotten City Dr. E . Raymond Capt

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=101126623