Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polygamy & Monogamy: The Debate Continues!

Re: Monogamy & the Bride of Christ

The key word in Matthew 25:1 is likened. The verse is using a simile in other words. We are likened to pots in the Bible. It doesn't mean we are pots literally.

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.”
    This verse is always used to justify polygamy. If people would look at the context of the verse, they wouldn't be in such a hurry to quote it.

Polygamy? No way! The old lady would not like that.

I tend to agree with the general consensus and arguments put forward in this thread.

Unfortunately some people do use the Bible to justify polygamy. Yes, the key word in Matthew 25:1 is “likened”, meaning resemble, compare, illustrate by comparison i.e. allegory: a narrative description of a subject under guise of another suggestively similar. In the marriage, divorce, widowhood, redemption and re-marriage of all twelvelost tribes of Israel”, the symbolism is hardly discernable from the actual truth. His bride/wife is singular: “…a bride…”, “…His wife…”, “…the Lamb’s wife…”, but the wife is made up of many individuals who at one time were split into two groups, one of which was divorced.

The collective children/people/nation of Israel are the bride/wife:

Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. ( I.e. “I do.” )

Exodus 34:10 And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is an awe-inspiring thing that I will do with thee.

Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

The “ten” symbolise the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom who were later divorced. Their “sister” Judah, the Southern Kingdom, remained married until His death on the cross when she was widowed. Both sisters would mourn His death.

Joel 1: 8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.

The pure virgins of both groups (divorced and widowed) mourn His death but are now free of the previous marriage and divorce law and able to again re-marry Him under a “new covenant”/marriage agreement.

Ezekiel 23:2 Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother: . . .

2 John 1:1,13 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth . . . The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Isaiah 54:1–8 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate ( divorced ) than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD. ( i.e. they will proliferate ! )
    Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
    For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
    Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. ( widowhood also = discarded as a divorced person:- forsaken – see Hebrew in Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance )
    For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
    For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
    For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
    In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Matthew 25:1 Ten virgins, only five were wise. The other five were foolish and missed the Bridegroom when He arrived.

Luke 17:11–19 Ten healed lepers, only one of which returned to thankfullygive glory to God”. He was one of the 10% of the Northern Kingdom, who although divorced were not deported into Assyrian exile and remained in Samaria as a dormant teal/oak tree (Isaiah 6:12-13).

The two sticks, houses, sisters, kingdoms have now become one stick in His hand, indiscernibly all twelve tribes together, prior to the wedding and there is no longer any animosity between the two.

Isaiah 4:1 The “seven” women symbolise the wise, the vigilant, the overcomer's who give glory to Yahweh and prepare themselves for the marriage.

Zechariah 3:10 In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

See:Marriage of the LambChapter 1:http://www.declarethedecree.com/marr..._chapter_1.doc

Blog Entries

Monogamy and the Bride of Christ ( Original Version ) [2005] looks at the issues of polygamy and monogamy from a Biblical perspective. Pastor Visser provides several examples of why a Christian Identist should NOT take more than one spouse while shedding light on sinful polygamists like Lamech, Esau, David and Solomon. Naturally, we expand upon the important topic of "the bride of Christ" while doing so.

coven198 | 2013

“The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands. Sarah, for instance, taking care of Abraham, would address him as “my dear husband.” You’ll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated. The same goes for you husbands…” (1 Peter 3:5-7)

While men and women alike in our pampered culture of flesh, fame, and fancy may do a thousand different things to enlarge this and shrink that, lengthen that and shorten this, flatten this and pump up that — all will still turn to dust in but a little while. What a tragic mistake it would be to focus all your efforts on the outside, while you let the insides rot away.

Peter points back to a time when people were “beautiful before Yahweh.” And he highlights two specific characteristics that were true of them — men and women alike.

They were unanxious, and unintimidated.

Anxiety will contort anybody’s face, and disturb everybody’s peace of mind. Timidity can back even the strongest into a corner, and silence even the most vocal among us. But the inner life was designed by Yahweh for something far beyond the limitations of these two thieves.

Yahweh wants to bring you to the place where your life is notably marked by two unmistakable traits, obvious to all who know you. He wants you to live a life that is unanxious and unintimidated.

Look about your personal world right now and ask yourself this question: “What difference would it make in my life from this point onward if I lived every day and faced each situation unanxious and unintimidated?”

The answer you come up with will be inspiring, and your life will become beautiful before Yahweh!

Blog Entries

the first recorded polygamist was from the line of Cain it was the murderer Lamech Gen. 4:23–24

1 Timothy 3:12:Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. - KJV

Genesis 2:2424 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

1 Timothy 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Matthew 19:6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

still note all singular one again

on Davids wife's

2 Samuel 11
    26 And when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband.

27 And when the mourning was past, David sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the Lord.

2 Samuel 12
    14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

if you disagree with my interpretation on 2 Samuel 12 then you should agree with me at least on 2 Samuel 11 27 he displeased the lord

for more info read the whole thing 2 Samuel 11-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...12&version=KJV

He said to them, “Because of your yhardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.

in other words polygamy was not from the beginning ether if you wish to harden your heart by all means but dont expect to be blessed for it just because it was tolerated by Yahweh dose not mean it pleased Yahweh