Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

Modern day demon possessions and exorcisms - real or fake?
    Mental disorder,sickness etc etc or demon possession?
    Are they hoaxs or real?
    What is your say? What do you think?

Are exorcisms real? are exorcists real? are modern day demon possessions real?

The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel
    By Felicitas D. Goodman

In 1976 a young German girl named Anneliese Michel underwent a series of exorcisms. The rites were administered by two priests of the Catholic Church to free Anneliese of the six demons they believed possessed her. Seemingly as a result of the exorcisms the girl died. Worldwide publicity followed when the girl's parents and the two exorcists were brought to trial and convicted of negligent homicide.
    Here a noted anthropologist offers her own interpretation of the exorcisms of Anneliese Michel. Drawing on interviews with the two exorcists, the girl's parents and friends, transcripts of the trial, and tape recordings made during the exorcisms - as well as studies of religious experience in various cultures - Felicitas Goodman has written a fascinating, compelling book, one that finally tells what happened in this strange case as it delves into the age-old mystery of demonic possession.

Re: Demon possessions - exorcists: real or fake?

I believe that a person can be demon possessed, but I also believe that, that person has to ask for the demon spirit to take possession.
    Just as we must ask God to give us his Holy Spirit, our body has to be a free will offering.
    As far as just one person being able to rid the possessed person from the demon, I am pretty sure that anyone of the apostles could cast out evil spirits, but some required more work than others.
    Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
    Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Demon Possession is definitely real. Christ and his disciples cast out many demons and healed those that were possessed. Demon possession still exists today, the only difference is that today they are rarely cast out . . .

Here is a verse from Revelation in which we are told that if we do not have the seal of God in our forehead we are in a way “meat for the beast of the field” – if you have read your bibles you will be familiar with this expression, though it is not the way the events are described here. Here , the fallen angels=demons are commanded not to hurt the grass or any green thing but to torment the men who were “MARKED BY THE BEAST” this is a mental and possessed state of being. . . so be careful what spirit you are of. Also, these fallen angels have a ruler= Appolyon which is Satan himself.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
    Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
    Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
    Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
    Rev 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
    Rev 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
    Rev 9:8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
    Rev 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
    Rev 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
    Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Sincerely,
    Stardust :devil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel - scroll down ''90 minute recording of Michel's Exorcism''

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/emilyrose.php - scroll down ''Anneliese Michel Voice Audio ''

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.c...ese_michel.mp3 - This seems to be an audio about the book and explanation..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Krider View Post
    I believe that a person can be demon possessed, but I also believe that, that person has to ask for the demon spirit to take possession.
    Just as we must ask God to give us his Holy Spirit, our body has to be a free will offering.
    As far as just one person being able to rid the possessed person from the demon, I am pretty sure that anyone of the apostles could cast out evil spirits, but some required more work than others.
    I agree that demons cant possess anyone at will as they may have done in old testament times. ive read that people have to be involved with the occult or eastern religions to get demon possessed. I think it's only in the pentecostal churches that its come accross

WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY 8‑25‑65

QUESTION:‑‑I have been listening to back tapes, but was unable to find it‑‑so would you please discuss Demon possession and obsession, and disembodied spirits?

ANSWER:‑‑That is a big subject‑‑‑we might say that Demon possession is where demons are in control of the individual. Most instances of Demon possession is resident‑‑they have already found access to the inner consciousness of an individual, and they have his soul bound to some degree. And in most of these instances the individual is totally unable to free themselves. If such a person has this control it would take a combined effort on the part of a ministry which perceived this to cast it out. And of course Christ had the absolute power to cast out demons. But sometimes when this was evident it was also obsession not possession. And obsession is where as demons are so battling against the consciousness of an individual until they give him an illusion and obsess him with the wrong ideas, and obsess the individual's thought plain with superstition and fears, and an

obsession sides with him. In other words an obsession is as though he had a demon force riding on his shoulders all the time trying to short circuit his thought processes, but never gained an entrance as much as it has gained an influence over that individual.

You see, you are living in a sophisticated age where most people do not know very much about Demons and Devils anyhow. And they don't know that Devils are very real and tangible. They do not know that some of them are embodied in earth, and are walking around or that there are races of Devils, for any offspring of Lucifer, that are mutations of people of earth are actually Devils.

Now, the rebellious spirits that rebelled with Lucifer and joined him, they are demon forces, therefore their powers move with them, and they also begat devils or demon forces. Remember whenever the devil or demon are cast out they are all of the same household. They have to be cast out by the spiritual power, exorcised‑‑then who ever has the power to exorcise the demon may have left him disembodied, and disembodied they cannot get into the Netherworld. And they are sort of stuck in that state. A devil in order to get into the Netherworld, in order to be able to obsess another person and be born into a physical form with Satanic powers has to go through the gates death. So if he is disembodied he cannot get into the Netherworld to go through this cycle. For this cause when Jesus cast the demons out of the man who was the Manic, the demons asked to be permitted to go into the swine, so they would go back to their own place, so swine being just walking garbage pails to Jesus, he allowed the devils to go into the swine, and they committed suicide, as they hogs rushed down the hill, and into the lake in a body and drowned. The devils did this to get back to their own place, it says this in the scriptures. The word is Tartoes which is the abode of Devils and Demons. This proves that Judas of Iscariot was a true Devil. He was the offspring of Lucifer and his mother bore him of an incubi, or Devil, conception, and Judas was this by‑product. Although his mother was the wife of Simon the sorcerer, Judas of Iscariot was the son of Lucifer, and he was a devil in human form‑‑just as we have Jesus the Messiah being born of Mary into human form. And Jesus called him the son of Perdition, and referred to him as such. In his human capacity he prayed, lifting his voice up to Divine fullness, and said: "I have kept all those thou hast given me except the son of perdition that the scripture might be fulfilled." This meant that all that the spirit had bestowed upon the physical body, his embodiment, he had kept, but this Devil who he could not keep for he was not a sheep to start with. So Jesus said: I have kept all these but the son of perdition who is a devil, and thus is out of bounds. So a disembodied spirit is cast out devil.

Now, these devils, they make trouble, they actually obsess people, they would like to find some place of residence. If there be anyway they could gain entrance into an individual then they try this. There are areas I will not discuss tonight which are areas of past theology as to the supposed process by which a dispossessed Devil might enter into a person to make them Demon possessed, thus when they die, even sometimes these demons direct them to suicide so they can get back to their own place. It used to be estimated by the church that 80% of the suicides were a type of insanity which came from devil possession, or obsession which had taken hold and wanted the death of an individual as a transit back to the dimensions so he could come through the cycle of the Nephilin, or the Nethermost to reactivate every 612 years in at least one manifestation in earth.

But we are not the children of Reincarnation, we are the children of Resurrection where as the Asiatics house are children of Reincarnation. But the Negro does not fall in this category. In olden days the cycles were a little different than they are now, and under judgment, and of course some of those races became fallen, and their spirits go into the Netherworld with a 612 cycle. So it takes that many years to make that cycle complete. We won't go into all that at this time, it takes to much material and lore, and it is not for you anyhow. It is for the Asiatics and there is a vast difference between the children of Eternal Life, and the Resurrection, and the children of this cycle of return. There is a different plain, or plain for Celestial children and for the creation. There is no doubt that there is a lot of devil obsession. I think most Jews are not only possessed but being offspring of Lucifer may house familiar spirits as well.

Some areas of familiar spirits and demonic spirits, these have familiar spirits, and some of these witches and charlatans who are Luciferian in this area like a witch or wizard that people say is just old fashioned superstition, but they are real. The word is also sometimes used for extreme wise men and such, but when used with a witch or a wizard it was an evil practitioner of black arts. So the Scripture says‑‑you are not to suffer a witch or a wizard to live, in that category. These people had many familiar spirits, and of course the spirits would appear to them in the form of the dead, so that they would receive many. They were thus told not to consult with these people because they would deceive them, and they would become obsessed by their evil.

I'd venture to say they're real.

Jesus dealt with many demons in His day.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'd venture to say they're real.

Jesus dealt with many demons in His day.
    I think they are real.

But if anyway in the CI circle says they are fake or not real then I think they may be heading towards the No Satan doctrine as demon posssion I think ties in with Christianity..

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    I think they are real.

But if anyway in the CI circle says they are fake or not real then I think they may be heading towards the No Satan doctrine as demon posssion I think ties in with Christianity..
    It's like the demons themselves possess their "host" into thinking they're not real.

Kinda' like brain-washing.