Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Catholicism & Catholics - What’s the deal?

Re: Catholicism & Catholics - What’s the deal?

I have that one too. I accidently had it mixed in with my books on Luciferianism, Wicca, and other satanic cults. I have my books on Catholicism and Black Magic on the same shelf. Haha. Appropriate ... don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    That's quite a list..

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/153/153cont.asp - Smokescreens

by Jack T. Chick

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonJackson View Post
    I have that one too. I accidently had it mixed in with my books on Luciferianism, Wicca, and other satanic cults. I have my books on Catholicism and Black Magic on the same shelf. Haha. Appropriate ... don't you think?
    I bought smokescreens from Scriptures for America - the store they have there...

B-171 Smokescreens--Who is the Whore of Revelation? $6.00
    B-171 Smokescreens--Who is the Whore of Revelation?

A biblical outlook on the whore written of in Revelation: AUHTOR: Jack T. Chick

Lead Story at the Drudge Report
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7056689.ece
    London Times 3/10/2010
    Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican

Richard Owen in Rome

Sex abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church are proof that that "the Devil is at work inside the Vatican", according to the Holy See's chief exorcist.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

He added: "When one speaks of 'the smoke of Satan' [a phrase coined by Pope Paul VI in 1972] in the holy rooms, it is all true – including these latest stories of violence and paedophilia."

He claimed that another example of satanic behaviour was the Vatican "cover-up" over the deaths in 1998 of Alois Estermann, the then commander of the Swiss Guard, his wife and Corporal Cedric Tornay, a Swiss Guard, who were all found shot dead. "They covered up everything immediately," he said. "Here one sees the rot".

A remarkably swift Vatican investigation concluded that Corporal Tornay had shot the commander and his wife and then turned his gun on himself after being passed over for a medal. However Tornay's relatives have challenged this. There have been unconfirmed reports of a homosexual background to the tragedy and the involvement of a fourth person who was never identfied.

Father Amorth, who has just published Memoirs of an Exorcist, a series of interviews with the Vatican journalist Marco Tosatti, said that the attempt on the life of Pope John Paul II in 1981 had been the work of the Devil, as had an incident last Christmas when a mentally disturbed woman threw herself at Pope Benedict XVI at the start of Midnight Mass, pulling him to the ground.

Father José Antonio Fortea Cucurull, a Rome-based exorcist, said that Father Amorth had "gone well beyond the evidence" in claiming that Satan had infiltrated the Vatican corridors.

"Cardinals might be better or worse, but all have upright intentions and seek the glory of God," he said. Some Vatican officials were more pious than others, "but from there to affirm that some cardinals are members of satanic sects is an unacceptable distance."

Father Amorth told La Repubblica that the devil was "pure spirit, invisible. But he manifests himself with blasphemies and afflictions in the person he possesses. He can remain hidden, or speak in different languages, transform himself or appear to be agreeable. At times he makes fun of me."

He said it sometimes took six or seven of his assistants to to hold down a possessed person. Those possessed often yelled and screamed and spat out nails or pieces of glass, which he kept in a bag. "Anything can come out of their mouths – finger-length pieces of iron, but also rose petals."

He said that hoped every diocese would eventually have a resident exorcist. Under Church Canon Law any priest can perform exorcisms, but in practice they are carried out by a chosen few trained in the rites.

Father Amorth was ordained in 1954 and became an official exorcist in 1986. In the past he has suggested that Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were possessed by the Devil. He was among Vatican officials who warned that J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels made a "false distinction between black and white magic".

He approves, however, of the 1973 film The Exorcist, which although "exaggerated" offered a "substantially exact" picture of possession.

In 2001 he objected to the introduction of a new version of the exorcism rite, complaining that it dropped centuries-old prayers and was "a blunt sword" about which exorcists themselves had not been consulted. The Vatican said later that he and other exorcists could continue to use the old ritual.

He is the president of honour of the Association of Exorcists.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Lead Story at the Drudge Report
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7056689.ece
    London Times 3/10/2010
    Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican

Richard Owen in Rome

Sex abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church are proof that that "the Devil is at work inside the Vatican", according to the Holy See's chief exorcist.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

He added: "When one speaks of 'the smoke of Satan' [a phrase coined by Pope Paul VI in 1972] in the holy rooms, it is all true – including these latest stories of violence and paedophilia."

He claimed that another example of satanic behaviour was the Vatican "cover-up" over the deaths in 1998 of Alois Estermann, the then commander of the Swiss Guard, his wife and Corporal Cedric Tornay, a Swiss Guard, who were all found shot dead. "They covered up everything immediately," he said. "Here one sees the rot".

A remarkably swift Vatican investigation concluded that Corporal Tornay had shot the commander and his wife and then turned his gun on himself after being passed over for a medal. However Tornay's relatives have challenged this. There have been unconfirmed reports of a homosexual background to the tragedy and the involvement of a fourth person who was never identfied.

Father Amorth, who has just published Memoirs of an Exorcist, a series of interviews with the Vatican journalist Marco Tosatti, said that the attempt on the life of Pope John Paul II in 1981 had been the work of the Devil, as had an incident last Christmas when a mentally disturbed woman threw herself at Pope Benedict XVI at the start of Midnight Mass, pulling him to the ground.

Father José Antonio Fortea Cucurull, a Rome-based exorcist, said that Father Amorth had "gone well beyond the evidence" in claiming that Satan had infiltrated the Vatican corridors.

"Cardinals might be better or worse, but all have upright intentions and seek the glory of God," he said. Some Vatican officials were more pious than others, "but from there to affirm that some cardinals are members of satanic sects is an unacceptable distance."

Father Amorth told La Repubblica that the devil was "pure spirit, invisible. But he manifests himself with blasphemies and afflictions in the person he possesses. He can remain hidden, or speak in different languages, transform himself or appear to be agreeable. At times he makes fun of me."

He said it sometimes took six or seven of his assistants to to hold down a possessed person. Those possessed often yelled and screamed and spat out nails or pieces of glass, which he kept in a bag. "Anything can come out of their mouths – finger-length pieces of iron, but also rose petals."

He said that hoped every diocese would eventually have a resident exorcist. Under Church Canon Law any priest can perform exorcisms, but in practice they are carried out by a chosen few trained in the rites.

Father Amorth was ordained in 1954 and became an official exorcist in 1986. In the past he has suggested that Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were possessed by the Devil. He was among Vatican officials who warned that J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels made a "false distinction between black and white magic".

He approves, however, of the 1973 film The Exorcist, which although "exaggerated" offered a "substantially exact" picture of possession.

In 2001 he objected to the introduction of a new version of the exorcism rite, complaining that it dropped centuries-old prayers and was "a blunt sword" about which exorcists themselves had not been consulted. The Vatican said later that he and other exorcists could continue to use the old ritual.

He is the president of honour of the Association of Exorcists.

The Vatican have exorcists???

Exorcism - here is an interesting book..

The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel
    By Felicitas D. Goodman

In 1976 a young German girl named Anneliese Michel underwent a series of exorcisms. The rites were administered by two priests of the Catholic Church to free Anneliese of the six demons they believed possessed her. Seemingly as a result of the exorcisms the girl died. Worldwide publicity followed when the girl's parents and the two exorcists were brought to trial and convicted of negligent homicide.
    Here a noted anthropologist offers her own interpretation of the exorcisms of Anneliese Michel. Drawing on interviews with the two exorcists, the girl's parents and friends, transcripts of the trial, and tape recordings made during the exorcisms - as well as studies of religious experience in various cultures - Felicitas Goodman has written a fascinating, compelling book, one that finally tells what happened in this strange case as it delves into the age-old mystery of demonic possession.

Dioceses oust abusers they had pledged to monitor - AP

Dioceses oust abusers they had pledged to monitor - AP

More...

Appointing gay bishop 'risks splitting Church' - BBC News

Appointing gay bishop 'risks splitting Church' - BBC News

More...

Gay bishop for Southwark 'will split Church of England' - Manchester Guardian

Gay bishop for Southwark 'will split Church of England' - Manchester Guardian

More...

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    Exorcism - here is an interesting book..

The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel
    By Felicitas D. Goodman

In 1976 a young German girl named Anneliese Michel underwent a series of exorcisms. The rites were administered by two priests of the Catholic Church to free Anneliese of the six demons they believed possessed her. Seemingly as a result of the exorcisms the girl died. Worldwide publicity followed when the girl's parents and the two exorcists were brought to trial and convicted of negligent homicide.
    Here a noted anthropologist offers her own interpretation of the exorcisms of Anneliese Michel. Drawing on interviews with the two exorcists, the girl's parents and friends, transcripts of the trial, and tape recordings made during the exorcisms - as well as studies of religious experience in various cultures - Felicitas Goodman has written a fascinating, compelling book, one that finally tells what happened in this strange case as it delves into the age-old mystery of demonic possession.
    Ever seen the movie "The Exorcist"? It's a movie that was made many years ago that is supposed supposed to be based on real events. The movie has a bit of disturbing blasphemy in it, which I'm sure would make any of us a little uncomfertable but it's called The Exorcist if you feel like looking it up. I used to own it on DVD, but I got rid of it along with some other movies I didn't much care for anymore.

Anyway, it's about a young girl who get's possessed by the Devil (yes, Satan himself) and her possession gradually becomes worse and worse until she is completely possessed by him. Two Catholic priests perform an exorcism on her after her mother gives up on looking two doctors for medical solutions to her daughter's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_and_Omega View Post
    Ever seen the movie "The Exorcist"? It's a movie that was made many years ago that is supposed supposed to be based on real events. The movie has a bit of disturbing blasphemy in it, which I'm sure would make any of us a little uncomfertable but it's called The Exorcist if you feel like looking it up. I used to own it on DVD, but I got rid of it along with some other movies I didn't much care for anymore.

Anyway, it's about a young girl who get's possessed by the Devil (yes, Satan himself) and her possession gradually becomes worse and worse until she is completely possessed by him. Two Catholic priests perform an exorcism on her after her mother gives up on looking two doctors for medical solutions to her daughter's problem.
    I've heard of it, though I haven't seen it -

I have seen - Possessed,Requiem(which is based on Anneliese Michel) and the exorcism of emily rose (which is based loosley around the events of Anneliese Michel)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possessed_(2000_film) - Possessed
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism_of_Emily_Rose - The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_(film) - Requiem