Thread: "Abstain from bloodshed!"

Father Help! And HE does! ElderChild's Avatar
    Nomadic, on what i like to call a no-madness journey in the SW and Western portions of america.

"Abstain from bloodshed!"

Acts 15:28-29 "It seemed good to The Holy SPIRIT, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things, that you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood[SHED](#129), and from things strangled, and from fornication, from which if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. May you fare well."

Acts 21:25 "As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood[SHED](#129), and from strangled, and from fornication."

Acts 15:19-20 "Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not those from among the gentiles that have turned to GOD, but that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollution of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood[SHED](#129)."

"From things strangled" clearly reveals that one is not to partake of the meat of an animal that has been strangled, for the blood("life is in the blood") remains within such meat!

So "from blood" is redundant if "from things strangled" was correctly translated.

Simply "from blood" rightly translated would be "from bloodshed"!
    -------
    129 haima (hah'-ee-mah) in strongs:

of uncertain derivation; blood, literally (of men or animals), figuratively (the juice of grapes) or specially (the atoning blood of Christ); by implication bloodshed, also kindred:
    -------
    129 haima- in thayers:

1) blood
    a) used of man or animals
    b) refers to the seat of life
    c) used of those things that resemble blood, grapejuice
    2) bloodshed, to be shed by violence, slay, murder
    -------
    Though the multitudes of religious ones reject The TRUTH, TRUTH yet needs be published, for TRUTH rejected in the moment can work in the hearts of those who have received "a love of The TRUTH" as they grow in Grace!

Matt 5:43-45 "You have heard that it has been said, you should love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.

But I say unto you, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you!

That you may be the children of your Father WHO is in Heaven, for HE makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

Matt 5:38-42 "You have heard that it has been said, "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth".

But I say unto you, "that you resist not evil, but whoever smites you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man sues you at the law, and takes away your coat, let him have your cloak also.

And whoever compels you to go a mile, go with him two.

Give to him that asks you, and from him that would borrow of you turn him not away."

It is quite evident that "abstaining" from "bloodshed" is in perfect harmony with both The Teachings and The Life example of The Messiah, and it is well to remember that The Messiah received His Life and His Teachings from "Our Father and GOD"!

So it was that The Messiah testified, "I can do nothing of Mine Own Self"! (John 5:30)

And the brethren of The Messiah have realized(experienced) the same.......

"For it is Our Father and GOD WHO works in you, both the will and the doing of HIS GOOD Pleasure"! (Phlp 2:13)

Father Help! and HE does.......
    ....'religion' is anti-Messiah!....
    "Come Out of her, MY people!"
    ..For The Faithful ARE Family..
    ...asimpleandspiritualliife.org...

Re: "Abstain from bloodshed!"

I really like Proverb 16:29 "A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into a way that is not good."

Also: "From the days of John the baptist until now, the kingdom of the heavens is taken by violence, and the violent seize on it." Matthew 11:12