Thread: why did Judas repent?

why did Judas repent?

Hi! I'm learning about CI, a little bit each month, and occasionally I have what I call a 'dumb question'. Now I know that there's no such thing as a dumb question. But this may qualify.

Judas "went and hanged himself with an halter." (Matt. 27, 5). If he had successfully nailed an Adamite, why should he repent? Wouldn't he be pleased with himself?

Thanks kindly for your answer.

Obadiah 1:18

Re: why did Judas repent?

He "repented" for no other reason than that he knew he was in serious trouble with Yahweh. I place "repented" in quotes because a spawn of Satan cannot truly repent. All he can do is regret the deep trouble his evil ways have got him into.

Those are very good answers. My mistake was in thinking that his suicide was 'repentance'. Thanks for the help!

Food for thought.

There's much speculation that this was an assisted suicide (with some help from the enemy)!

"Judas had bought a field with the money he received for his treachery. Falling headfirst there, his body split open, spilling out all his intestines." Acts 1:18

It would seem that not only did Judas commit suicide by hanging but also was sliced open allowing his entrails to gush out when it happened.

If so, this would be more proof that bargaining with the enemy usually ends in betrayal.

A perfect example of my non-systematic study. Thanks again.

There's no rest for the wicked!

imo, I'd say he "repented" because every evil person does right before they're destroyed by Yahweh.