Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Proving The Sabbaths - A Study Into Yahweh's Calendar

Re: What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

Michael,

Every objection you raise is dealt with in the free book I posted a link to.

I myself have written several tracts on the calendar over the past 30 years. It isn't just a year of study for me. It is over half my life.

AND, stop generalizing the "LUNAR SABBATH" calendar with the common so-called 'lunar calendar' ideas. They are NOTHING LIKE ONE ANOTHER.

I have 6 different very well written books by Solar calendar people and have spoken to many of them face to face at their feasts. They refuse to listen to even error in their own stupidity.

For example:
    "We forgot to mention to you that we believe Enoch MUST be translated wrong when it describes the beginning and the ending of the month based upon the moon in chapter 77."
    Of-course they tell you that because they THINK Enoch originally promoted a solar calendar when he didn't.

Same type of bull with the Book of Jubilees.

Or confronting them and explaining how their calendar is regressing 1 day every 5 years, to the point they had already started keeping Passover in late February. When it's a SPRING feast.

Or the out of the blue idea of declaring Pentecost as a non-count day co their solar calendar version would work.

I have confronted many different calendar ideas of the decades, and written on several of them. AND OF COURSE nearly all of the Solar calendar people FALSELY ACCUSE ME of promoting the "JEWISH" calendar when they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground about the fact that the LUNAR SABBATH calendar is not in the vein of a traditional "Solar-Lunar Calendar" or "lunar calendar" having links to "jews" or not.

Weekly Sabbath is a MOED and ALL Moedim are set by the moon.

ALL the contradict that promote a lie and confusion.

It leaves only one calendar that can possibly work in such parameters, the "Lunar Sabbath calendar".

LastBattleCry,

I have downloaded all fifteen chapters and the appendix of the book you referred to titled "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon". I will start going through it over the next week or two time permitting.

In the meantime what is your oponion of the Dead Sea Scrolls solar calendar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    LastBattleCry,

I have downloaded all fifteen chapters and the appendix of the book you referred to titled "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon". I will start going through it over the next week or two time permitting.

In the meantime what is your oponion of the Dead Sea Scrolls solar calendar ?
    Thanks Michael,

I truly respect and ENCOURAGE your efforts in whatever calendar you come to the conclusion on, AS LONG AS THAT EFFORT IS TRULY FAIR AND OBJECTIONABLE RESEARCH. If something you are looking for is not dealt with in the book, let me know and I will try to address it, or you can call Matthew who wrote the book, or his father-in-law who has this site, www.lunarsabbath.info. His phone is listed there. They and I do have a few points of disagreement on some finer details related to the calendar, but nothing that should suggest we are not in the right ball park.

As I mentioned, I have attended feasts of solar calendar people, and MANY times dealt with the calendar issues at feasts. There is no disdain on my part for the people I hold a difference of calendar understanding with. They truly apparently believe they are correct.

There is ONLY ONE calendar of scripture that has the WEEKLY SABBATH as a MOED Lev. 23:2-3 and then Psalm 104:19 declares the MOEDIM are set by the MOON. By the way, this calendar is inline with the ENOCH passage I mentioned. NO "solar calendar" is in line with Enoch chapter 78:13, because the version of Enoch, AND Jubilees, that we have, have BOTH BEEN ALTERED in the calendar. Just check out Jubilees 7:2 which proves the first day of the month was actually the NEW MOON. How is that? Because both Enoch, and Jubilees, and the Qumran community had altered the calendar and had been duped into accepting aspects of Babylonian sun worship. NONE of those writings can even hold the authority of the Septuagint, which is corrupt itself imo. Personally, I think when they altered Jubilees to present a solar calendar they missed changing 7:2.

As to the "Dead Sea Scrolls solar calendar", the one I dealt with on this one was mainly trying to use the book of Enoch and was only mentioning elements of his ideas of the so-called "dead sea scroll solar calendar". His calendar regressed over 1 day every 5 years, as do MANY solar calendars, especially those related to the 364 day with "90 day" quarters and 4 "no count days". This one I am talking about is the guy who originated the idea that was eventually shared with Pete Peters many years back now via a friend of the calendar fellow I'm talking about and Pete Peters - who got a lot of people looking at it under the erroneous pretense anything with a moon in it is "jewish". (I'll be happy to give you access to the solar calendar guy address and phone if you want to talk to him - he is still solar calendar likely, and his Passover is likely now a few days earlier than it used to be when I was visiting and talking with him about it).

What of SIRACH??
    Sir 43:6 And the moon in all in her season, is for a declaration of times and a sign of the world.
    Sir 43:7 From the moon is the sign of the festival day, a light that decreaseth in her perfection.
    Sir 43:8 The month is called after her name, increasing wonderfully in her perfection.
    Sir 43:9 Being an instrument of the armies on high, shining gloriously in the firmament of heaven.

or the 1611 KJV from the Greek version in Ecclesiasticus?
    http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/...pter=43&verse=

"THE MONTH IS CALLED AFTER HER NAME" ... the MOON ... IT "MOEDIM" and the Weekly Sabbath is one od the MOEDIM.

You will find the LUNAR SABBATH have the annual feasts and the weekly Sabbath in SYNC. There is a solar calendar that attempted to do this, but he had to declare Pentecost a very unusual detail in the calendar to make it work, which he had NO evidence for. When I asked him about it, "It was the only thing I could think of."

The JEWS ALTERED the calendar around 400 a.d. During the time of Yahshua and Paul they were using the Lunar Sabbath calendar.

--------

Don't forget to check out the COUNT FOR PENTECOST on www.lunarsabbath.info ... it alone proves the 'jews' calendar wrong AND EVER SOLAR CALENDAR I HAVE FOUND WRONG!

Pentecost is 4th month 29th day of the month. A weekly Sabbath AND ANNUAL SABBATH. Much later than the modern 'jews' or solar calendar people. Moses coming down off the mountain with the law, I suggest, proves it fairly well. But if we simply go by the specific command to count 7 Sabbaths and THEN and ADDITIONAL "50 days", you understand how Moses, after going up in the THIRD MONTH, and then doing 40 day fast, could come down on such a late day in the calendar ... well past the time "jews" or "solar calendar" people erroneously declare.

LastBattleCry,

I have read the first three chapters of "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon" and will continue pushing through and making notes as time allows.

Are you prepared to do me the same courtesy with this document ? :

http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

LastBattleCry,

Hopefully you are prepared to say that you will indeed do me the same courtesy and examine

http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

In the meantime I will push on with the rest of "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon", but I must say that its case for a lunar calendar is already not looking good at all ! (Almost hopeless in fact !)

You seem to concede that there has been tampering in the Bible as we have it, and in other books to try and hide the true Biblical calendar. Daniel 7: 23–27 does prophesy and confirm that this would be allowed to happen, but that the true calendar would finally be restored.

Fortunately Yahweh has not allowed the calendar truth to be completely hidden, but then the question remains: Which original calendar does the tampering try and hide, the solar or the lunar calendar ? ! Which verses are the tampered ones, and which are the original truth ? !

Yahweh has allowed us a way to get back to the true calendar, we just have to be careful and honest about it. If we aren’t intellectually honest about it, we will continue to get our just reward: the false calendar !

If you or anyone else does examine http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc then you will see why the lunar calendar is so clearly and hopelessly wrong, and I won’t have to debunk this work "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon" piecemeal !

Because the ancient Hebrews followed a lunar calendar, as modern Esau is so willing to tell us, this does not mean that the Biblical calendar is lunar. In fact most ancient Hebrews were not Israelites at all, and most of the ancient world followed a lunar calendar at one time or the other. Even today there are probably obscure savage tribes which still follow a lunar calendar. A black African Zimbabwean colleague of mine recently affirmed that he recalls his particular Shona clansmen practicing a lunar calendar in his youth.

In the first three chapters of the recently revised "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon", the author refers to: “Genesis 1:14-18 . . . Genesis 1:14 . . . Genesis 1:14-16 . . . Genesis 1:14 . . . Genesis 1:14-18 . . . Genesis 1:14-18 . . . Genesis 1:14-18 . . . Genesis 1:14-18 . . . Genesis 1:14 . . . Genesis 1:14”, yet never once does he actually quote verse 16 verbatum ! He carefully avoids doing that !

Why does he do this ? ? ?

Is he being honest ?

The Biblical calendar’s cornerstone is Genesis 1: 14–18. Lunar calendar advocates have always quoted this to legitimise their calendar. However solar calendar advocates have successfully proven that this reference has nothing to do with the moon at all ! They have proven that verse 16 has been tampered with by having the additional words “he made” and “also” added to the text, thus giving the false impression that the moon is being referred to !he made” is correctly in italics confirming that it is an insertion, and the word “also”, although deliberately not in italics, is also not in the original text as borne out by its exclusion in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible !

How can any work that deliberately ignores and skirt around this, be credible ? !

Like all lunar calendar advocates he claims that the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th days of every month are weekly Sabbaths. He bases this mainly on the fact that some High Days fall on these dates, coupled with their false claim that those High Days are also weekly Sabbath days. What about the Seventh Day of Unleavened Bread on the 22nd Abib ? ! What about the Day of Atonement on the 10th day of the seventh month ? ! What about Pentecost ? ! Aren’t they all also Sabbath days ? !

All the High Day Feasts and also the fasting Day of Atonement are Sabbath days, but are not WEEKLY Sabbath days:

When Yahweh gave instructions concerning His feasts, He started with the weekly Sabbath:

“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of Yahweh in all your dwellings.” ( Leviticus 23: 3 )

In other words no work may be done on the weekly Sabbath, servile or otherwiseno kindling a fire (cooking) for employers or ourselves – no working for ourselves or anyone else: in all our dwellings !

Many daily functions in the Temple required work and the kindling of fire. Only in the Temple of the “Lord of the Sabbath” was this rule in the Law of Moses not applicable, as it was not our dwelling !

Most “High Day” Sabbath festivals also required work and/or the kindling of fire in our dwellingsonly servile work was prohibited on these days, thus allowing other work, and therefore they could not fall on the calendars weekly Sabbaths ! More specifically, except for the Day of Atonement when no work at all was allowed, on all other Feast days only servile work was forbidden, thus allowing other work and therefore, to repeat, they could not fall on the calendars weekly Sabbaths ! This includes the first and seventh day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost or the Feast of First Fruits, the Day of Trumpets, the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, and the Last Great Day ( the “eighth day” – the day after the seventh day of the Feast of Tabernacles ).

Only on the Day of Atonement was no work allowed at all, but Yahweh also says that all these feasts and holy convocations, including the Day of Atonement, are apart from the normal weekly Sabbaths, they are: “ . . . Beside the sabbaths of Yahweh, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto Yahweh . . .” ( Leviticus 23: 38 ).
    I.e. a “High Day” cannot fall on a normal weekly Sabbath !High Days” are normal work days that have been made a Sabbath ! If these feasts and holy convocations could ever be on any weekly Sabbath in which no work may be done at all, Yahweh need not have said “no work” or, “no servile work” may be done on these days, neither would He have said that they were all always: “Beside(s) the (weekly) sabbaths of Yahweh”. ( This in fact disproves the lunar ‘sabbaths’ for all months ! )

LastBattleCry, this should suffice, do I really have to push on with the rest of "Weekly Sabbath Days are Determined by the Moon" ?

You could save me a lot of time and hard work by reading http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

Sorry, correction:

Like all lunar calendar advocates he claims that the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th days of every month are weekly Sabbaths. He bases this mainly on the fact that some High Days fall on these dates, coupled with their false claim that those High Days are also weekly Sabbath days. What about the Seventh Day of Unleavened Bread on the 21st Abib ? ! What about the Day of Atonement on the 10th day of the seventh month ? ! What about Pentecost ? ! Aren’t they all also Sabbath days ? !

21st Abib, not 22nd Abib.

All the High Day Feasts and also the fasting Day of Atonement are Sabbath days, but are not WEEKLY Sabbath days:

What about the “new moon” references in the Old Testament ?

If “new” of Strong's Concordance is #2319 chadash khaw-dawsh' meaning: new:- fresh, new, thing, which comes from #2318 chadash khaw-dash′ meaning: a prim. root; to be new; caus. to rebuild: renew, repair,

and “moon” is #3391 yerach yeh'- rakh,

then why isn’t

new moon” #2319 “chadash” and “yerach” #3391 combined:

chadash yerach

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Instead they have redefined the Hebrew word

month” or “chodesh” #2320 chodesh kho'- desh,

which is also from #2318 chadash khaw-dash′

to mean

new moon

! ! ! ! ! ! !

This only makes sense to lunar calendar advocates.
    Chodesh” cannot be traced back in any way to “Moon”.
    To solar calendar advocateschodesh” is the renewal of the month,

not the moon !

There is no Biblical instruction concerning a literal
    new moon/chadash yerachor any associated sacrifice.
    Moon or “yerach” and the Sabbaths are never referred to in any combination whatsoever.

Even though there were other irregularities in the Temple causing the division of the Dead Sea Scroll’s community, I believe that at the time of Yahshua, those Sadducees controlling the Temple practiced a similar calendar to the Maccabean, Book of Jubilees, and the Dead Sea Scroll’s Solar Calendars ! These calendars were all variants of Enoch’s 364 day year, with an inter calendar 365 or 366 day leap year equinox.

See http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

( “The Temple Calendar” is still a work in progress. Previously published parts are frequently even now corrected or modified as more information is being added. It is advisable to download the latest fuller version. )

What about the “new moon” in the New Testament ?

The only New Testament reference to “new moon” is found in Colossians 2:16.

It comes from the Greek word “noumeniafrom Strong’s Concordance #3561 and composed of #3501 and #3376:

#3501 is the Greek word meaning “new”, i.e. (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; fig. regenerate:- new, young.

#3376 is the Greek word meaning a month:- month.

But the Greek word for “moonis from #4582 meaning - the moon:- moon, and which comes from a word meaning “brilliancy…through the idea of attractiveness”

Why did the translators thus change “new month” to “new moon

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

In the Greek of Colossians 2:16 they deceitfully classified the meaning of “month” as equivalent to “moon” when measuring “time!

If this were actually the case thennew moonshould rather be a combination ofnew” #3501 and #4582moon

i.e
    . neh'-os sel-ay'-nay

! ! !

For a full explanation see http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

( “The Temple Calendar” is still a work in progress. Previously published parts are frequently even now corrected or modified as more information is being added. It is advisable to download the latest fuller version. )

So because the weekly Sabbath cannot fall on the Passover Preparation Day of the 14th Abib, the 1st day of each year (1st of Abib) cannot also be the first day of the week ! Therefore it is not strange to start the year on any other day besides the 1st day of the week !

Lunar calendar advocates opt for the “seventh dayweekly Sabbath as the first day of the year, thus making all their monthly ‘weekly sabbaths’ the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th days of each and every month, including the nonexistent Biblical ‘thirteenth month! Proof of their error is that some of their ‘high day sabbaths’ fall on these ‘weekly sabbaths’, thus violating the true weekly Sabbath by requiring non servile work and the kindling of fire, and therefore also contrary to Leviticus 23: 37–38. Regardless of how “new moon” is translated, Isaiah 1:14 is very appropriate here: “Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.”

Unfortunately most solar calendar advocates fall into the same lunar logic trap, making the same error in starting the year on a weekly 'sabbath', and in all Abib’s weekly Sabbaths ! They consequently also miss all Yahweh’s weekly and other High Day appointments !

Can you imagine the results to our prayers when we do finally get this right !

No wonder Esau has to keep it from us ! ! !

The Dead Sea Scrolls calendar avoids all these pitfalls by starting the year on the 4th day of the week in conformity with the first discernable night and day cycle of Genesis 1: 14-19. Being a pre-Christian sect and also not being Christian after Christ, they didn’t see their error in placing the Omer, and consequently their Feast of First Fruits or Pentecost:

Christ rose from the dead after three full nights and three full days in the grave. He rose in the midst of the Feast of Unleavened Bread on the “first of the Sabbaths” as “Lord of the Sabbath!

The next day was the Omer !

N.B. See page 10 and 11 of http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

So to correctly determine all the years weekly Sabbaths, only the correct starting day of the year is needed:

The first day of the year starts at sunset after the March equinox is visually confirmed. Once you know what day of the week is the first day of the year, then every seventh day weekly Sabbath is correctly predetermined for the rest of the solar year, which ends at sunset on the next March equinox.

Luckily for us in this years 2013-2014 March to March equinox period, the Dead Sea Scrolls solar calendars true weekly Sabbaths overlap with Sundays. This happens every time the March equinox falls on a Wednesday and is how they changed the Passover Crucifixion and “first of Sabbaths” to “Good Friday” and “Easter Sunday”. See pages 9 & 10 of http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc

After the next equinox of March 20th 2014, Yahweh's weekly Sabbaths will start at sunset on Sundays and end at sunset on Mondays ! Esau is going to make it very difficult for us to keep it in defiance of his economic world system ! Esau demands us to accommodate all other alien races, cultures and religions, but will the Beast system allow religious tolerance for the Israelite truth and Yahweh’s true calendar ?