Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Proving The Sabbaths - A Study Into Yahweh's Calendar

Re: What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

As I've said before:

Josephus, although of Sadducee priestly aristocracy and favored by Titus himself, had to be very diplomatic and politically correct regarding what he said about the surviving Pharasee “Synagogue of Satan” – especially concerning their preferred calendar !

When reading Josephus one has to be aware that although no Christian martyr, he wasn't a fool and had to be “wise as a serpent” himself !

So although one of the surviving Sadducee’s, Josephus was well aware of the enemy within Rome and didn’t punt the Sadducee Temple calendar - the Sadducees were now powerless, without a Temple and subject to the Pharasee Synagogue intrigue intending to erase the Seventy Holy Day Temple Calendar from history - Josephus only tells us how the Pharisee’s kept the Feast of Weeks after they got control of the Temple in 67 AD.

Gérard GERTOUX PhD candidate in Archaeology and history of Ancient World says on page 124 of his book Noah and the Deluge Chronological, Historical and Archaeological Evidence:

"Josephus is also obliged to specify:

in the month Xanthicos, on the 15th day of the lunar month (...) In the month of Xanthicos, which is by us called Nisan, and is the beginning of our year, on the 14th day of the lunar month, when the sun is in Aries (Jewish Antiquities II:318, III:248),

suggesting a difference between the official month and the astronomical lunar month."

In other words Josephus possibly "suggests" that Nisan is the beginning of the SOLAR year and on the 14th/15th of the LUNAR calendar....

It's very subtle, but it's there ! Josephus was extremely cautious not to openly oppose the lunar calendar of the Synagogue Pharasees who were backed by Herod, who had ingraciated himself with Imperial Rome.

This book by Gérard GERTOUX shows how many different calendars were in use in those times - very often a civil solar calendar and a religious lunar calendar in use simultaneously within the same cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As I've said before:

Josephus, although of Sadducee priestly aristocracy and favored by Titus himself, had to be very diplomatic and politically correct regarding what he said about the surviving Pharasee “Synagogue of Satan” – especially concerning their preferred calendar !

When reading Josephus one has to be aware that although no Christian martyr, he wasn't a fool and had to be “wise as a serpent” himself !

So although one of the surviving Sadducee’s, Josephus was well aware of the enemy within Rome and didn’t punt the Sadducee Temple calendar - the Sadducees were now powerless, without a Temple and subject to the Pharasee Synagogue intrigue intending to erase the Seventy Holy Day Temple Calendar from history - Josephus only tells us how the Pharisee’s kept the Feast of Weeks after they got control of the Temple in 67 AD.

Gérard GERTOUX PhD candidate in Archaeology and history of Ancient World says on page 124 of his book Noah and the Deluge Chronological, Historical and Archaeological Evidence:

"Josephus is also obliged to specify:

in the month Xanthicos, on the 15th day of the lunar month (...) In the month of Xanthicos, which is by us called Nisan, and is the beginning of our year, on the 14th day of the lunar month, when the sun is in Aries (Jewish Antiquities II:318, III:248),

suggesting a difference between the official month and the astronomical lunar month."

In other words Josephus possibly "suggests" that Nisan is the beginning of the SOLAR year and on the 14th/15th of the LUNAR calendar....

It's very subtle, but it's there ! Josephus was extremely cautious not to openly oppose the lunar calendar of the Synagogue Pharasees who were backed by Herod, who had ingraciated himself with Imperial Rome.

This book by Gérard GERTOUX shows how many different calendars were in use in those times - very often a civil solar calendar and a religious lunar calendar in use simultaneously within the same cultures.
    According to this auther regarding the Flood of Noah:

"According to the royal lists the Deluge took place around -3000 +/- 200 (depending on variants and corrections) and according to the biblical text it took place c. -3170 (Septuagint) or c. -2400
    (Masoretic text). The disagreement between the biblical document in Greek (c. -280) and the one in Hebrew (c. 90 CE) shows that there was a transmission problem. However, a careful examination shows that the figures of the Septuagint for the Antediluvian Patriarchs were properly transmitted (see Annex)."

It is obvious that the Flood has to predate the earliest Egyptian dynasties so I will adjust its position on the small "Second Earth Age" graphic on the calendar. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It is obvious that the Flood has to predate the earliest Egyptian dynasties so I will adjust its position on the small "Second Earth Age" graphic on the calendar. . . .
    Sort of adds insight into why the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters in the very "beginning." (Genesis 1:2)

Excellent insight.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)