Thread: John 3:16 - Truth About This Famous Verse

John 3:16 - Truth About This Famous Verse

Is there anyone in C.I. doing the works of Christ today, like we were commanded to in Mark 16:17-18, Matthew 10:8 and as those early disciples, such...

More...
    (2008-2010) - Destroyed by Amy Rose!

Truth About John 3:16

This is a link to Clifton Emahiser's paper which he and Bill Finck wrote together on what the verse John 3:16 really says and what it really means:

JOHN 3:16, WHAT IT SAYS AND WHAT IT DOESN’T

We have been told by many throughout the years that John 3:16 is the “ golden text” of the Bible. But labeling it as such seems to imply it holds priority over all the other verses found in Scripture. Therefore, we must ask, why is this passage elevated above all others, and what is the motivation in support of such a position? In considering such a claim, one must admit that such a stance places all other Biblical passages in a subordinate role. This paper is not an argument that there are not cardinal Biblical passages that stand above others, but do all Biblical passages stand or fall on John 3:16? Or is it possible John 3:16 supports a cardinal passage of greater importance than itself? We must further question whether or not we even understand John 3:16as it was originally written in the Greek. Did the translators do the Greek justice?

There are some that go so far as to make the claim that John 3:16 was never in the original manuscripts. On October 4, 1996, I went to Louden, Tennessee, at the Piney Ruritain Community Center for the Feast Of Tabernacles. There were four speakers scheduled to speak: James P. Wickstrom, Richard Hoskins, Paul Burnham, and a fellow by the name of Scott Vaught. Wickstrom got so upset with Scott Vaughtthat he packed his things and left, whereupon another speaker was invited to take the pulpit in Jim’s place. His name was Jeremias Faulkner and lived near there at the time.

In one of his presentations he said the following about John 3:16, which I have on audio tape:

"Let me try to explain some things to you that you might not know about this book. Like my friend, brother Wickstrom, I don’t like to call it the Bible. It’s a collection of Scriptures, okay. And the Bible’s oldest complete manuscript that we have in existence today only dates back to the 700s, which are in St. Peter’s Cathedral at Rome. And older than that are the Scriptures in Aramaic that we have that are [from the] 300s, and they rest right now in Kurdistan.

We have broken copies of the Scriptures from the Dead Sea Scrolls. But when you hear somebody get up and say that they are now going to quote from the original; original what? And it’s about as original as we can get. You know, 700 A.D. in St. Peter’s Rome. I have a friend, he has two doctorates, one including a Ph.D. Once a year it is his privilege by authorization of the Pope to fly into Rome and examine the earliest manuscripts in existence, okay?"

(excerpt)
    (2008-2010) - Destroyed by Amy Rose!

Talking Re: Truth About John 3:16

LOL!

How ironic. John 3:16 is the verse judeos use the most and it's probably not valid scripture.

Even if it is, let's examine it once more, shall we?

John 3:16 (King James Version) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Notice that it says "should not perish" as opposed to "would not perish" as later translations add? This doesn't mean all you have to do is 'believe' in Him, this means that many who claim to believe in Christ should not perish but will, just as Yahsua tells us elsewhere in scripture:

Matthew 7:22-23 (King James Version) "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Re: For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power!

Those interested, I offer this:

http://www.moseshand.com/pdf/USIZOBP.pdf

I have not read "The Stone Kingdom" by Capt that I recall. However, I do certainly believe the U.S. is Zion of Scripture prophecy. This article I believe proves it.

The "raiser of taxes" that some seem to want to point at today in Daniyl 11 is historically specifically Seleucus IV, came to power after Antiochus III. This is addressed on another thread someone posted. Futurism is a prophetic school of Jesuit Ribera, of Roman Catholicism. Daniyl 11 is pointed at by atheists as "proof" the book was written AFTER the events it speaks of BECAUSE IT IS SO ACCUARTE TO HISTORICAL EVENTS. There is no need for us to start attacking that accuracy of Yahweh's prophets simply because we want to make them fit some misunderstanding of present day events.
    I'm familiar with the history you're pointing to here and it doesn't fit like the glove you say it does. One has to make it fit just like the SDA's made John Paul II fit as the AntiChrist. They made just as good a case for that and they were wrong too. We have had many 'types' through the history of the Israelites and as it is written...

"All these things happened unto them (The Israelites) for examples: and they are written for our Warning upon whom the ends of the age are come. ( 1 Cor.10.11 )

Don't overlook the time element there.

And to accuse the thought of it, Dan.11, as still yet future to what this 'artical' did is just plain sad to me. It's a deflection of truth and I fear they may be among the many who will be sleeping on their watch. If anyone sees Daniel 11 as history, they're going to miss it.

"In the latter days you shall consider it perfectly". ( Jer.23 )

I don't know how much you have studied 2 Esdras, but it will help explain Mount Zion much more too. It parallels the discription in our "cannonized" Holy scriptures.

The USA isn't my 'Mother'.
    Mount Zion is. We were born from above.

Consider and compare: .....

KJV.
    Zec 8:3
    Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Zep 3:11
    In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
    Zep 3:12
    I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
    Zep 3:13
    The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
    Zep 3:14
    Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
    Zep 3:15
    The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
    Zep 3:16
    In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
    Zep 3:17
    The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Rev 21:1
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:2
    And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Insert "U.S.A." for Zion, Jerusalem, and God's Holy mountain in the above scriptures and tell me it if makes sense to you.

If you have E-Sword, do a word search of "Zion" and also "Holy Mountain"

God bless.

-E

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Re: For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power!

In the book of John what you have is someone going back and adding in their own narration. This was likely done AFTER it had been translated into Greek from it's original Aramaic.

Regarding John 3:16 ... it is part of a narration section that was added, John 3:16-21 if I remember correctly. I am going from memory on this particular section, BUT, if I remember correctly FERRAR FENTON, in his translation has it in brackets. The reason he puts things in brackets should be looked at in the front of his translation.

Ferrar Fenton Bible - John

http://thetencommandmentsministry.us...n/pdf/john.pdf

That, like other sections such as this underlined are added to the original:

Joh 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

You can understand how Simon's brother NEVER SAID "which is, being interpreted, the Christ." It is added by a Narrator when, or after, it was translated into Greek. NOTE TOO "Christ" is an "interpretation" and not a translation. EVERY place you see "Christ" in the bible, is an interpretation. Actually, an helenization alteration.

But YES, the narration is added. YAHSHUA NEVER said John 3:16-21. The narrator, or others later, made it to look like he did. I can almost guarantee the narrator was a mongrel, by the way. WHY? Because of the doctrine suggestions with which he is attempting to pollute the text.

For those interested in PROOF the New Testament was originally in Aramaic and NOT Greek consider reading at least first 20 pages of this nearly 300 pages:
    http://ellhn.e-e-e.gr/books/assets/NewTestament.pdf