Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Must I Do to Be Saved?

What Must I Do to Be Saved?

I come from a *Pentecostal church background. The Bible formula for salvation, according to my old church, was a pretty straightforward one: repent, be baptized, and you will be filled with the Holy Spirit. Whenever I witnessed to an "unsaved" person, that's what I'd tell him he needed to do. But what is the standard DSCI answer, if indeed there is a standard DSCI answer, to this question? Obviously we have to tell people that they need to be born a true Israelite, but what then? Do we just tell them that they must obey the laws of Yahweh or do we need to be more specific than that? Does water baptism factor anywhere into the equation? What about being filled with the Holy Spirit? If so, how is somebody filled with the Holy Spirit, according to DSCI doctrine?

Please forgive these kindergarten-level questions, but I'm trying to unlearn a lot of stuff here and, apart from knowing that we must be born a pure-blooded child of Israel in order to be a Christian, aren't sure what to tell people.

*Party Marty should be able to get at least two "Movement Turds" out of that admission.
    (2008-2010) - Destroyed by Amy Rose!

Re: What Must I Do to Be Saved?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For more details, read this in-depth thread @

http://cpm.freehostia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752
    Suggested CPM Sermon: An Haughty Spirit (September 14th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

You must repent and be baptized but this is only the first step to being a creature of salvation.

1.repent of your sins
    2.be baptized and purified
    3.pray without ceasing and study the scriptures daily
    4.walk in the holy spirit of truth and humility by following God’s will and laws
    5.use your time and talents and life of love to support your brethren in the church
    6.testify of your faith to the lost sheep of the house of Israel
    7. grow a garden (Adam man was created to till the soil and tend to the garden)

All of this can be summed up in this following verse:

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

This all seems well and good and simple but for the sake of argument I would like to go into a bit more detail on some of these things.

Your question reminds me of the time when Christ was asked a similar question :

Luk 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master,

“what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

Christ replied: Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Then the ruler said “ All these have I kept from my youth up.”

Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me ( Luk 18:20 ) .

The ruler was sad to hear this because he had great riches and therefore did not want to follow the commands of Christ because he would have to give up all his earthly luxuries. Now, it goes without saying that if you are poor you will not have much to give to the poor yet many corrupted churches teach the poor to give what little they have to the church to make the false prophets rich. Now if the churches were being governed by the spirit of God correctly all would come and give of their blessings and then the wealth would be distributed to each family according to their needs. Then we would see how Christ uses his body of believers to bring forth the glory of his holy spirit. Flesh man will always work against the spirit of God so we must be very weary of the governments of this “new world order” today which dictate what is aloud and what is forbidden in the churches. These following verses, for example, show how the powers at be will try to shut down the truth of God’s word and how God’s power can be felt when his people assemble together and are guided by prayer and humility and spirituality:

THE CHURCH BODY OF BELIEVERS = THE BRIDE

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
    Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
    Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
    Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
    Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
    Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
    Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

LIVE AND WALK IN THE SPIRIT TO AVOID THE SINS OF THE FLESH

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
    Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Ecc 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Ecc 9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
    Ecc 9:8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
    Ecc 9:9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

BE HUMBLE AS A CHILD, BE BAPTIZED AND STUDY GOD’S WORD TO STRENGTHEN YOUR FAITH IN WISDOM AND KEEP YOUR HEART AND MIND PURE TO SIN NOT!

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Pro 16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Ecc 9:18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

LOVE

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
    Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
    Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
    Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I hope that some of these verses and ideals will start resignationg with people and we will begin to fully overcome the beast system and find our salvation :)

Sincerely,
    Stardust

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Man! That thread had like 60 replies and is now M.I.A.

DunaMiss where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Man! That thread had like 60 replies and is now M.I.A.

DunaMiss where are you?
    I'm here, I'm here! Planning my immediate exodus from the Gulf Coast with the help and guidance of Yahweh, my Father. Will post more soon!

The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24

Thank You, Yahweh, my Faithful Leader!

Thanks, Stardust, for all the great Scriptures!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

That's the thread I miss most from the old forums.
    Gna!

Luke 23:32-43 (King James Version)

32And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death.
    33And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
    34Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
    35And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.
    36And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,
    37And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.
    38And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
    39And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
    40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
    41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
    42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
    43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

One thief had a repentant heart and believed that Jesus Christ was God. He hadn't the opportunity to be baptized with water but he was baptized with the spirit. He found himself with Christ in paradise. I do believe in full immersion, water baptism but I can't fully believe that it's absolutely necessary for salvation based on the above passage. Baptism is necessary if we are to receive the "gift" of the Holy Spirit. Paul talks about what those gifts are. Every one of us makes up the body of Jesus Christ and each of us has a spiritual gift. That gift, in my opinion, comes alive or is awakened when we are baptized into Jesus Christ.

Obadiah 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonJackson View Post
    One thief had a repentant heart and believed that Jesus Christ was God. He hadn't the opportunity to be baptized with water but he was baptized with the spirit. He found himself with Christ in paradise. I do believe in full immersion, water baptism but I can't fully believe that it's absolutely necessary for salvation based on the above passage. Baptism is necessary if we are to receive the "gift" of the Holy Spirit. Paul talks about what those gifts are. Every one of us makes up the body of Jesus Christ and each of us has a spiritual gift. That gift, in my opinion, comes alive or is awakened when we are baptized into Jesus Christ.[/COLOR]
    I don't believe that the thief was saved on the cross. Paradise comes from a Greek word which also means "park" or "garden". Where did Christ go immediately after He died? The grave. So did the thief in all likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonJackson View Post
    One thief had a repentant heart and believed that Jesus Christ was God. He hadn't the opportunity to be baptized with water but he was baptized with the spirit. He found himself with Christ in paradise. I do believe in full immersion, water baptism but I can't fully believe that it's absolutely necessary for salvation based on the above passage. Baptism is necessary if we are to receive the "gift" of the Holy Spirit. Paul talks about what those gifts are. Every one of us makes up the body of Jesus Christ and each of us has a spiritual gift. That gift, in my opinion, comes alive or is awakened when we are baptized into Jesus Christ.
    Keep in mind that the thief on the cross is only one story in Scripture. It is speculation to say that the thief was baptized prior to his crucifixion, but it is also speculation to say that he wasn't. There are numerous verses to validate the need for baptism for the remission of sins and entrance into eternal life. One thing is certain, however: Jesus will never violate His Word to save anyone, even for the sake of His own grief and sorrow over their destruction.

Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, "If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation." (Luke 19:41-44)

Jesus didn't save His beloved, unrepentant people, although His heart ached for them, because He will never violate His Word. Old Jerusalem met its destruction in AD 70. May His people today know the things that make for their peace!