Re: Merry CHRISTmas!

Merry Christmas. Nagh.
    Gna!

Merry Christmas and happy 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by seedliner View Post
    Christmas is a "pagan holiday..."
    1 Corinthians 12:1-6; "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the speechless idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed,” and no one is able to say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit, and there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord, and there are varieties of activities, but the same God, who works all things in all people."

So Christmas was always ours and some fulfill the enemy's antichrist agenda, go figure.

Even the Politically Correct Wikipedia concedes the IDEA that:

“According to one hypothesis about Christmas, it was set to 25 December because it was the date of the festival of Sol Invictus. This idea became popular especially in the 18th[48][49] and 19th centuries.[50][51][52]

I recently heard a Christian Radio children’s program promoting this same popular “IDEA”:

“…The rival "History of Religions" hypothesis suggests that the Church selected December 25 date to appropriate festivities held by the Romans in honor of the Sun god Sol Invictus.[59] This feast was established by Aurelian in 274…”

“…Aurelian also built a new temple for Sol, which was dedicated on December 25, 274,[28] and brought the total number of temples for the god in Rome to (at least) four.[29]…”

But:

“…Moreover, Thomas J. Talley holds that the Roman Emperor Aurelian placed a Sol Invictus on December 25 in order to compete with the growing rate of the Christian Church, which had already been celebrating Christmas on that date first.[75]
    In the judgement of the Church of England Liturgical Commission, the History of Religions hypothesis has been challenged[76] by a view based on an old tradition, according to which the date of Christmas was fixed at nine months after March 25, the date of the vernal equinox, on which the Annunciation was celebrated.[69]
    With regard to a December religious feast of the sun as a god (Sol), as distinct from a solstice feast of the (re)birth of the astronomical sun, one scholar has commented that, "while the winter solstice on or around December 25 was well established in the Roman imperial calendar, there is no evidence that a religious celebration of Sol on that day antedated the celebration of Christmas".[77] "Thomas Talley has shown that, although the Emperor Aurelian's dedication of a temple to the sun god in the Campus Martius (C.E. 274) probably took place on the 'Birthday of the Invincible Sun' on December 25, the cult of the sun in pagan Rome ironically did not celebrate the winter solstice nor any of the other quarter-tense days, as one might expect."[78] The Oxford Companion to Christian Thoughtremarks on the uncertainty about the order of precedence between the religious celebrations of the Birthday of the Unconquered Sun and of the birthday of Jesus, stating that the hypothesis that December 25 was chosen for celebrating the birth of Jesus on the basis of the belief that his conception occurred on March 25 "potentially establishes 25 December as a Christian festival before Aurelian's decree, which, when promulgated, might have provided for the Christian feast both opportunity and challenge".[79]…”

Actually Aurelian was only born in 214 or 215 AD and the Early Church had already at least three years before even that established their view of a December birth of Christ:

“…For example, Hippolytus of Rome, between 202 and 211 AD, said in his commentary of the Book of Daniel that the Birth of Jesus is December 25th[46], though this passage is generally considered a late interpolation[by whom?]. The manuscript includes another passage, one that is more likely to be authentic, that gives the passion as March 25.[47]…”

Even although Wikipedia, without a citation, tries to throw doubt on the birth date, the second part about the passion in March supports the birth in the first because:

“…It was a traditional Jewish belief that great men lived a whole number of years, without fractions, so that Jesus was considered to have been conceived on March 25, as he died on March 25, which was calculated to have coincided with 14 Nisan.[66]…”

This is how their calculation arrived on a 25th December Birth of Christ !

I’ve also used Wikipedia and failed to find any Pagan god that was actually supposed to have been born on the 25th of December.

“…The Philocalian calendar of AD 354 gives a festival of "Natalis Invicti" on 25 December. There is limited evidence that this festival was celebrated before the mid-4th century.[42][43] Whether this date was intended to celebrate solstice is doubtful; one scholar writes that "the cult of the sun in pagan Rome ironically did not celebrate the winter solstice nor any of the other quarter-tense days, as one might expect."[44]"…”

People can say anything, but can they prove it ?

Whether the Early Christian Church got the date correct or not, Jesus Christ’s birth is the only one I could find for December the 25th !

Even when Wikipedia does say “The Egyptian deity Horus, son to goddess Isis, was celebrated at the winter solstice…”, yet when you go and check there, they fail to prove or even mention it !

As for the festival of Saturnalia and its revelries, it was a Roman festival of light leading up to the winter solstice.
    After Julius Caesar reformed the calendar it fell on 17 December, but due to the change was celebrated as a three day festival prior to the solstice.
    Later at various times it changed to from seven to five days duration up to the solstice.

25 December was always days after the solstice and the festival of Saturnalia, but when pagans later changed their revelries to coincide with Christmas Day,
    the early Church had to eventually put their foot down and restore dignity and reverence to Christ on Christmas day.
    Pagans were then forced to have their revelries on another day.

Today however, pagans and atheists respectively, are in practice and words again claiming Christmas Day
    as their own religious and “family day” !

Whether the correct day or not, Christmas Day is Christian !

Kingdom Identity Ministries replayed Oren Potito's Christmas Message:

http://www.kingidentity.com/radioarc...2017-12-24.mp3
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Merry Christmas, brothers.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Merry Christmas .
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.

Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas!!!