Thread: Solar System older than thought: study

Solar System older than thought: study

Solar System older than thought: study

The Solar System could be nearly two million years older than thought, according to a study published by the journal Nature Geoscience.

The evidence comes from a 1.49-kilo meteorite found in the Moroccan desert in 2004 that contains a "relict" mineral, which is one of the oldest solid materials formed after the birth of the Sun.

Analysis of lead isotopes suggest the mineral was formed 4.45682 billion years ago, making the meteorite the oldest object ever found.
    As a result, the Solar System is likely to be between 300,000 and 1.9 million years older than previous estimates, says the paper, authored by Audrey Bouvier and Meenakshi Wadhwa of Arizona State University's Centre for Meteorite Studies.

- AAP August 23

Re: Solar System older than thought: study

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
    We see things through the natural and understand only what we see.
    1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
    Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Krider View Post
    Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
    We see things through the natural and understand only what we see.
    1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    Indeed brother, I believe through the understanding of scripture that the spirit world is much older than the universe.

Exile

The ORION and the Pleiades is mentioned in the Bible..
    Amos 5:8:Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name: - KJV
    Job 38:31:Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? - KJV
    Job 9:9:Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south. - KJV

The Solar system and the galaxy are very old..

Genesis 1:16:And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. - KJV