Thread: Doctors consider circumcision for girls

Doctors consider circumcision for girls

Doctors consider circumcision for girls

Australian doctors are considering introducing a controversial form of genital mutilation carried out on baby girls.

The Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) says the practice of "ritual nicks" could meet the cultural needs of some women and potentially save some people from drastic surgery.

The practice is said to be common among some African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities but has been known to leave some young girls scarred for life when not carried out in proper clinical facilities.
    RANZCOG said the issue would be discussed at a women's health meeting in June, Sydney's Daily Telegraph reports.

- AAP May 28

Re: Doctors consider circumcision for girls

Oh, Australian doctors consider it. I was wondering about the title of the thread before I entered, because I knew that circumcision for girls wasn't anything new or unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    But isn't it a bit..absurd??
    I would say it is, brother. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with Jew tradition or ritual seeing as they have large influence in virtually all white nations, Australia included. Does the circumcision thing for Jews apply to girls, as well? I'm not sure. Even if it has nothing to do with their vain rituals and traditions I think it's safe to say they still play a role in this issue.

Obadiah 1:18

Derryn Hinch interviewed a leading Oz Obstetrician about this, and the obstetrician said that there was no way the Oz medical industry would perform or condone female circumcision, because, unlike male circumcision, female circumcision or, more accurately, genital mutilation, caused lasting harm. He went on to say that medical practitioners have to read studies on a wide-range of medical issues, but there's a huge difference between reading about them and putting them into practice.

Obadiah 1:18

It's a media beat-up.

When you read about race-mixing do you yourself consider race-mixing?

'British' Girls Undergo the Horror of Genital Mutilation

Female circumcision will be inflicted on up to 2,000 British schoolgirls during the summer holidays – leaving brutal physical and emotional scars.

Yet there have been no prosecutions against the practice

British girls undergo horror of genital mutilation despite tough laws

Like any 12-year-old, Jamelia was excited at the prospect of a plane journey and a long summer holiday in the sun. An avid reader, she had filled her suitcases with books and was reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when her mother came for her. "She said, 'You know it's going to be today?' I didn't know exactly what it would entail but I knew something was going to be cut. I was made to believe it was genuinely part of our religion."

She went on: "I came to the living room and there were loads of women. I later found out it was to hold me down, they bring lots of women to hold the girl down. I thought I was going to be brave so I didn't really need that. I just lay down and I remember looking at the ceiling and staring at the fan.

"I don't remember screaming, I remember the ridiculous amount of pain, I remember the blood everywhere, one of the maids, I actually saw her pick up the bit of flesh that they cut away 'cause she was mopping up the blood. There was blood everywhere."

Some 500 to 2,000 British schoolgirls will be genitally mutilated over the summer holidays. Some will be taken abroad, others will be "cut" or circumcised and sewn closed here in the UK by women already living here or who are flown in and brought to "cutting parties" for a few girls at a time in a cost-saving exercise.

Read In Full: British girls undergo horror of genital mutilation despite tough laws