Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Graveworm - I The Machine
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Mozart!: Symphony in D major, K250 K248B (Haffner Serenade)

The first two movements are standard Mozart, what you would expect:

But the Third Movement has some of the most beautiful solos ever (clarinet or oboe, not sure, it's right where they both meet), with a perfect answer in violin progression, it's breathtaking. And wait till you get to the part where the violinists pluck their strings, I just love this piece so much! Not to forget, it has one of the most memorable second choruses I've ever heard in a Mozart song (you know, how when you hear the main chorus several times, and then suddenly there's an extension to it?) I keep waiting to hear it at the very end each time I listen.

This is honestly turning into one of my favorite Mozart Symphonies. I think it was upon hearing the Fourth Movement the second or third time that I began to pay more attention to it though. There's something absolutely futuristic about the chorus in that piece, it's very hard to describe, but it caught my attention drastically due to its mood.

The Fifth Movement has an almost melancholy start to it, perhaps the word 'maturity' best describes it...?

And then a key change into one of the best progressions of the symphony! Not to mention, there are parts of it that I'm pretty sure were used in an old cartoon somewhere or another (the part with the trills on bassoon I think,) maybe you'll recognize it? A great ending to a rare one out of three 5-piece symphonies as a whole.

All five movements are great (and perhaps overlooked?) Hear for yourself! Enjoy!
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

CARL KLANG - Kingdom Coming

Luke 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILnBOAZ View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NxrphVL7bQ the greatest most underrated rock band. Sorry I couldn't help it. You asked!
    Here is one of my favorite tunes from this excellent band ! Thanks for reminding me !

I am a cancer survivor three times, and I would like to say to any member that I am here for them. Often just being able to speak with someone is a great help, so please do - just PM me(and also rest assured that I am 100% trustworthy and whatever is said will remain confidential).

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.*

My favorite Cult song.

I am a cancer survivor three times, and I would like to say to any member that I am here for them. Often just being able to speak with someone is a great help, so please do - just PM me(and also rest assured that I am 100% trustworthy and whatever is said will remain confidential).

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.*

SAGA - The Snow Fell

Larry Norman - Let The Rain Fall Down - [Lyrics]

Wow, Larry Norman. What a good song, full of grace. I'm utterly surprised with the Locrian section, was not expecting that @ 2:45. Praise Yahweh for good Christian music, and for inspiring us!

ונא תביאנו יהוה אל-נוא בישוע משיח כאמר בהמזמור
    (And please Yahweh, bring us home through Yahshua Christ, like he says in the song)

BTW, here's the actual rain video as seen in the song:

(The same channel has other great recordings!)
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)