Thread: Church's Pay Repatriations

Church's Pay Repatriations

Churches across the US commit to paying millions in racism-linked reparations in bid to 'reckon with the wrongs and evils of our past

US religious groups are pledging to spend millions on racism reparations
    The money will go to financial investments and long-term programs benefiting African Americans
    Long-established Protestant churches are particularly active in this effort
    Churches in Texas and New York City revealed they were built through wealth accumulated through the practice of slavery
    The largest Episcopal pledge has come from the Diocese of Texas, which is allocating $13million to long-term programs
    Methodist and Lutheran churches are also considering creating reparations

“The Episcopal Church has been the most active major denomination thus far, and others, including the United Methodist Church and the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, are urging congregations to consider similar steps.

Some major denominations, including the Roman Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Convention, have not embraced reparations as official policy.

The Catholic Church has been embroiled by accusations of sex abuse and pedophile activity amongst its priests in recent years, with some dioceses earmarking millions in reparations funds for victims.

Although it hasn't announced any acts of reparations yet, the Southern Baptist Convention announced in October that its Southern Baptist Theological Seminary school had created a multimillion-dollar scholarship fund for African American students.

It engages a diverse collection of Christian denominations, including some that are predominantly Black; it will model some of its efforts on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission created in South Africa after the end of apartheid; and it is based in Minneapolis, where the police killing of Floyd in May sparked global protests over racial injustice.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...parations.html

Blog Entries

Re: Church's Pay Repatriations

Very good piece Erik. I would like to point out my belief too. The Churches to me though the years was were white people like myself could communicate publicly with those I consider my people. Now a days public identity has been replaced by this is family and close friends talk mentality. Over the years white people have been separated from talking to each other publicly alot. Computer talk is now being banned too.
    Covid 19 is not the only lockdown.