Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Melchizedek ?

Blog Entries

Who is Melchizedek ?

I don't have a Strong's Concordance so I can't look this up, regarding Hebrews 7.. this king of Salem and to Abraham who gave a tenth of his offerings to this king of peace.

Where in the Bible does this order of Melchizedek come into play?

Any help would be great!

Blog Entries

Re: Who is Melchizedek ?

So the man that talked with Abraham was in angelic form, i.e Melchizedek..he being the same as Jesus Christ, but in angel form ? Not flesh and blood ?

The apostle Paul with Luke wrote 90% of the New Testament - Paul bashers are all jews.

Is Christ Yahweh God? (Complete Version) explores countless Bible verses that prove Jesus is Yahweh, the "Old Testament" God of Israel. This one-hour message also looks at three defining marks that distinguish our antichrist enemy and how Christ dealt with them. Pastor Visser proves that Christ gave the Mosaic Law, is the great “I AM” and is also Melchisedec the king of Salem (which means "peace").

http://www.archive.org/download/jesu...od_reissue.mp3

(Melchizedek King of Peace:)

I never got around to expanding the topic of Melchizedek in Jesus, Yahweh or Not? but it's even more proof that Jesus Christ is God so we'd do well to examine those passages now. To begin, turn with me to the begining of the seventh chapter of Hebrews where it reads; "For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils." A few verses down it continues "Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 7:1-4, 17)."

Most Christians are familiar with the Old Testament account where Melchizedek the king of Salem (or the "king of peace") met Abram and blessed him after the battle he fought to free Lot. The account isn't very long; "And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all (Genesis 14:18-20)." In both Old and New Testament accounts we can see that Abram was 'blessed' by Melchizedek, the priest of the most high God.

The name Melchizedek means "king of right (Strong's #H4442)" and it's locked into Messianic prophecy over in Psalm 110:4 that reads; "Yahweh hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek (1833 Webster Bible)." Who is the King of Peace? Why would Abram the great patriarch of Israel's race pay a tithe to Melchizedek? Who else can give 'blessings' but Yahweh God Himself? Notice the bread and wine? Melchizedek is also described as without father, mother or descent having no "beginning of days, nor end of life" and was "made" like "the Son of God." Who do you think this is?

http://www.covenantpeoplesministry.o...jesus_god.html
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Blog Entries

Thank you very much for your insights seedliner and George Lenz! I think I understand a little bit better now. I did not know that about Paul, I thought the new testament was the Word of God..just like the old testament. That gives me something to look into. Do most of CI teachings believe that Paul is teaching a false message or gospel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Janus 911 View Post
    Thank you very much for your insights seedliner and George Lenz! I think I understand a little bit better now. I did not know that about Paul, I thought the new testament was the Word of God..just like the old testament. That gives me something to look into. Do most of CI teachings believe that Paul is teaching a false message or gospel ?
    Not one bit - Paul bashers are considered non-CI.

https://www.facebook.com/Exposing-Pa...2498106489149/

All we know of Christ is from Paul's New Testament. Only jews and false prophets deny our infallible Word of God.

From Dr. Swift:

QUESTION:...Saul becomes Paul from one chapter to another of Acts 12 and Acts 13., why and how?

ANSWER:...Well, we have told you before that Saul was being prepared for his ministry. He was taken into the heavens and the time has now come for him to take his place as the Apostle Paul (Acts 13:9). Barnabas would go with Paul as the Holy Spirit instructed them, and John was with them for a while. They went to Cyprus and other places and they preached...'the word'. They found this deputy of the country, on the island they were visiting and he was a sorcerer, or a false prophet, a Jew and his name was Barjesus. He tried to interfere with the Apostles teaching the deputy and Paul now uses the power of the Spirit to denounce this false prophet (Vs 9). This man was struck blind. The Apostle Paul is thus using his power of Spirit, and after going back to Antioch Paul goes to the school of the scribes (Acts 13) and the men here ask Paul and his group if they had any word for the people gathered here. It is translated synagogue, but notice verse 16 who Paul is talking to. Paul then stands to speak to the sheep gathered around and he said:...'Men of Israel, ye that love YAHSHUA give attention (vs 17) The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with a high arm brought HE them out of it.' Then Paul goes on with the story about the forty years in the wilderness. Then the destruction of the seven nations in the land of Canaan, and how the land was divided among the Israelites. How YAHWEH gave them judges, then gave them a king who was Saul, from the tribe of Benjamin. Then after YAHWEH removed Saul as king. David was raised up then as the king of Israel. David was the son of Jesse 'a man after mine own heart who will fulfill all my will'. Thus said YAHWEH (vs 23) 'Of this man's seed hath YAHWEH according to His promise raised unto Israel a Savior..YAHSHUA ...after John (the Baptist) had first preached before his coming the Baptist of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Paul goes ahead to tell the story of how even tho Pilate found no fault with YAHSHUA yet the rulers of Jerusalem wished him slain. After all prophecy was fulfilled, the crucifixion over then YAHSHUA was taken from the Cross and placed in a tomb. But HE raised His body from the tomb and was seen for many days by people from Galilee to Jerusalem.

VERSE 42:...When the Jews were gone out of the gathering the Israelites asked Paul to preach again unto them the next week. Many of the Israelites and religious proselytes then followed Paul and Barnabas. The next week almost the whole city came to hear the 'Word'. But the Jews of this city did not like the things Paul was speaking, however Paul said that 'The Word' was to be spoken unto the Judah kingdom in Palestine first, and then they were to go to the nations (gentiles) of Lost Israel. In fact YAHWEH said: 'I have set a light to the Ethene'...meaning Lost Nations of Israel. When the Lost Sheep heard this they were happy and Glorified the WORD of YAHWEH, and many were ordained, and believed the witness of Paul and the word was circulated thru out the region. But the Jews stirred up the chief men of the city and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, so they left and went to another city.

Again Paul and Barnabas go to the school of the scribes where the Jews were taking over, and they spoke to a great multitude both of the Judeans and also of the Greeks, and most of them believed. But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the people, and tried to turn them against Paul and Barnabas. Thus this city was divided, part of the people held with the Jews and part with the Apostles. (Acts 14:4) And since there was talk of stoning Paul and Barnabas they left and moved on to other cities where they preached the Gospel of the Kingdom. At the city of Lystra was a crippled man, and he had never walked so Paul heals this man, and the people then got carried away, and they had been worshiping idols so long, that they were not able to do anything, so they called Barnabas-Jupiter, and Paul-Mercurius because he was the chief speaker. The pagan priests, and the people then decided to hold a sacrifice and worship Paul and Barnabas, but the Apostles were very disturbed about this and they talked sternly to the people saying don't do that, we want you to turn to the 'LIVING YAHWEH' who made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein. You are not to worship men like us, for we are just HIS messengers.

Again (vs 19) Jews came from Antioch and other cities and tried to stop the people from listening to Paul and they stoned Paul and threw him out- side the city thinking he was dead. But as the disciples stood around him, he rose up and came back into the city, and the next day he and Barnabas left and went to another city. As they moved from city to city they taught Israel in every city, taught them about the kingdom, and about all the tribulation that would come before they entered into the kingdom. Then they returned to Antioch and gathered all the assembly of Israel together and told them how YAHSHUA had opened the door of Faith to all Israel. (translated Gentile)

In chapter 15 of Acts we find that some of the Judah Kingdom still trying to set doctrines of circumcision and things of that nature were standing in the way of reaching Lost Israel. There is quite a discussion so Paul and Barnabas go to Jerusalem and there Peter tells them that he learned from YAHWEH himself that there is no difference in an Israelite of the Judah Kingdom, and any of Lost Israel, purifying their hearts by Faith. (vs 9) Do not try to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples because thru the Grace of YAHSHUA who was embodied among us...all Israel shall be saved.

Paul and Barnabas then tell of the miracles and wonders that YAHWEH- YAHSHUA did among the nations of Israel. And James then speaks of how YAHWEH visited the nations to take out of them a people for HIS NAME. He then goes ahead with the history of Israel, and it is the same story you have heard over and over, yet it does not stick with most of our people for they do not seem to hear it, thinking it is just Jewish History.

Paul and Barnabas then stay at Antioch with the others for some time studying and peaching, and a better understanding is being developed of 'the WORD'. Paul and Barnabas then decide to revisit all the cities where they had preached 'THE WORD'; and see how the different assemblies were doing. Barnabas decided to take John with them, but Paul didn't think this was necessary so Barnabas took John and those two went to Cyprus, and Paul and Silas then traveled together.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

I'm glad this came up because I was just listening to Wickstrom on this very topic of "Paul Bashers."

http://covenantpeoplesministry.org/c...?sermon_id=336

Start listening about 13 minutes in.

Another study to consider on this topic is "The Mystery of Melchizedek" by Dr. Swift.

You can listen to the sermon here and the PDF transcript is here.

Great question, btw!

Blog Entries

Thank you for posting that e-booklet !

It answers a lot of questions..Dr Wesley Swift is very knowledgeable in these areas of study, at least his teachings are.

pastor Earl Jones did a 3 part series on Melchizedek which was excellent. Think 2 of the 3 audios are up somewhere here.

Just had a conversation on this topic about Paul, the Law, and the change of priesthoods (from Moses/Aaron to Melchizedek):

The Law is done away with for those who are in Christ... Moses has been done away with... Aaron's priesthood has been replaced... The Order of Melchizedek now is established and displaced both Moses/Aaron (read book of Hebrews)... Read all of Paul, for that matter... Those who are walking in equity (i.e. the perfect law of liberty), separate (outside/holy/set-apart) from the 'public' (common) are walking in the New Heavens and new Earth... in the Kingdom Come... as the Body of Christ... living stones of the New Jerusalem... temples where the indwelling of the holy (separating) spirt dwells...

Moses is for the disobedient... the commoner... for those who are not kings and priests... who are dependent upon kings and priests for their guidance... the students who worship at the feet of gurus and need the whip of the slavemaster to tell them when to jump and how high (by statute). What was added because of transgression (i.e. the mosaic covenant) was done away with for those born again (new) into the New Covenant.

The law IS 'alive and well' and is for the disobedient (for those who read Romans 13 with eyes to see)… those OUTSIDE the kingdom are under law... those inside (set-apart) within the Kingdom are under the perfect law of liberty (equity)…

There are only 2 commandments for those inside the Kingdom: love God with all one’s heart, soul, mind and strength… and love one’s neighbor as oneself… this fulfills all law… when law is fulfilled the perfect law of liberty prevails.

More here: http://covenantpeoplesministry.org/f...tries-feedback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seedliner View Post
    Not one bit - Paul bashers are considered non-CI.

https://www.facebook.com/Exposing-Pa...2498106489149/

All we know of Christ is from Paul's New Testament. Only jews and false prophets deny our infallible Word of God.

From Dr. Swift:

QUESTION:...Saul becomes Paul from one chapter to another of Acts 12 and Acts 13., why and how?

ANSWER:...Well, we have told you before that Saul was being prepared for his ministry. He was taken into the heavens and the time has now come for him to take his place as the Apostle Paul (Acts 13:9). Barnabas would go with Paul as the Holy Spirit instructed them, and John was with them for a while. They went to Cyprus and other places and they preached...'the word'. They found this deputy of the country, on the island they were visiting and he was a sorcerer, or a false prophet, a Jew and his name was Barjesus. He tried to interfere with the Apostles teaching the deputy and Paul now uses the power of the Spirit to denounce this false prophet (Vs 9). This man was struck blind. The Apostle Paul is thus using his power of Spirit, and after going back to Antioch Paul goes to the school of the scribes (Acts 13) and the men here ask Paul and his group if they had any word for the people gathered here. It is translated synagogue, but notice verse 16 who Paul is talking to. Paul then stands to speak to the sheep gathered around and he said:...'Men of Israel, ye that love YAHSHUA give attention (vs 17) The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with a high arm brought HE them out of it.' Then Paul goes on with the story about the forty years in the wilderness. Then the destruction of the seven nations in the land of Canaan, and how the land was divided among the Israelites. How YAHWEH gave them judges, then gave them a king who was Saul, from the tribe of Benjamin. Then after YAHWEH removed Saul as king. David was raised up then as the king of Israel. David was the son of Jesse 'a man after mine own heart who will fulfill all my will'. Thus said YAHWEH (vs 23) 'Of this man's seed hath YAHWEH according to His promise raised unto Israel a Savior..YAHSHUA ...after John (the Baptist) had first preached before his coming the Baptist of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Paul goes ahead to tell the story of how even tho Pilate found no fault with YAHSHUA yet the rulers of Jerusalem wished him slain. After all prophecy was fulfilled, the crucifixion over then YAHSHUA was taken from the Cross and placed in a tomb. But HE raised His body from the tomb and was seen for many days by people from Galilee to Jerusalem.

VERSE 42:...When the Jews were gone out of the gathering the Israelites asked Paul to preach again unto them the next week. Many of the Israelites and religious proselytes then followed Paul and Barnabas. The next week almost the whole city came to hear the 'Word'. But the Jews of this city did not like the things Paul was speaking, however Paul said that 'The Word' was to be spoken unto the Judah kingdom in Palestine first, and then they were to go to the nations (gentiles) of Lost Israel. In fact YAHWEH said: 'I have set a light to the Ethene'...meaning Lost Nations of Israel. When the Lost Sheep heard this they were happy and Glorified the WORD of YAHWEH, and many were ordained, and believed the witness of Paul and the word was circulated thru out the region. But the Jews stirred up the chief men of the city and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, so they left and went to another city.

Again Paul and Barnabas go to the school of the scribes where the Jews were taking over, and they spoke to a great multitude both of the Judeans and also of the Greeks, and most of them believed. But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the people, and tried to turn them against Paul and Barnabas. Thus this city was divided, part of the people held with the Jews and part with the Apostles. (Acts 14:4) And since there was talk of stoning Paul and Barnabas they left and moved on to other cities where they preached the Gospel of the Kingdom. At the city of Lystra was a crippled man, and he had never walked so Paul heals this man, and the people then got carried away, and they had been worshiping idols so long, that they were not able to do anything, so they called Barnabas-Jupiter, and Paul-Mercurius because he was the chief speaker. The pagan priests, and the people then decided to hold a sacrifice and worship Paul and Barnabas, but the Apostles were very disturbed about this and they talked sternly to the people saying don't do that, we want you to turn to the 'LIVING YAHWEH' who made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein. You are not to worship men like us, for we are just HIS messengers.

Again (vs 19) Jews came from Antioch and other cities and tried to stop the people from listening to Paul and they stoned Paul and threw him out- side the city thinking he was dead. But as the disciples stood around him, he rose up and came back into the city, and the next day he and Barnabas left and went to another city. As they moved from city to city they taught Israel in every city, taught them about the kingdom, and about all the tribulation that would come before they entered into the kingdom. Then they returned to Antioch and gathered all the assembly of Israel together and told them how YAHSHUA had opened the door of Faith to all Israel. (translated Gentile)

In chapter 15 of Acts we find that some of the Judah Kingdom still trying to set doctrines of circumcision and things of that nature were standing in the way of reaching Lost Israel. There is quite a discussion so Paul and Barnabas go to Jerusalem and there Peter tells them that he learned from YAHWEH himself that there is no difference in an Israelite of the Judah Kingdom, and any of Lost Israel, purifying their hearts by Faith. (vs 9) Do not try to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples because thru the Grace of YAHSHUA who was embodied among us...all Israel shall be saved.

Paul and Barnabas then tell of the miracles and wonders that YAHWEH- YAHSHUA did among the nations of Israel. And James then speaks of how YAHWEH visited the nations to take out of them a people for HIS NAME. He then goes ahead with the history of Israel, and it is the same story you have heard over and over, yet it does not stick with most of our people for they do not seem to hear it, thinking it is just Jewish History.

Paul and Barnabas then stay at Antioch with the others for some time studying and peaching, and a better understanding is being developed of 'the WORD'. Paul and Barnabas then decide to revisit all the cities where they had preached 'THE WORD'; and see how the different assemblies were doing. Barnabas decided to take John with them, but Paul didn't think this was necessary so Barnabas took John and those two went to Cyprus, and Paul and Silas then traveled together.
    I agree. Very interesting. like the information Seedliner.