Thread: Be not of this world

Be not of this world

Matthew 4:8-10
    8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

2 Corinthians 4:4
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Satan is the god of this world… Now, in the verse above we see that satan was going to give the kingdoms of this world (countries in today’s usage) to Jesus if he would worship him… How could satan even offer this if the kingdoms of the world were under our King Jesus already? It’s because they weren’t and it’s the same today as it was back then.

Revelation 11:15
    And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

We see by the verse above that at the seventh trumpet the kingdoms of this world will finally be the kingdoms of the LORD. It’s pretty self-explanatory, but the kingdoms (countries) of today are not the kingdoms (countries) of our LORD. When you look at the world from a Biblical perspective you see why… Our Countries are far worse than Sodom and Gomorrah and voting etc. won’t change anything. Our King is Jesus and we need to not be of this world.

We are not to be of the world… There are a plethora of verses that talk about it.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

In the end, our King is Jesus not leaders that are voted in etc. Be not of the world…

Re: Be not of this world

is it enough to simply "be not of this world", or should it grow and mature into overcoming?
    agape (love) is to overcome this world order. where are the overcomers?

Verses About Overcoming The World: https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Overcoming-The-World/

John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 5:4 - For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1 John 5:5 - Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:4-5 - For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. (Read More...)

1 John 4:4 - Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 3:9 - Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Psalms 27:1-14 - ([A Psalm] of David.) The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Read More...)

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Revelation 3:21 - To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

1 John 4:1-21 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Revelation 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Overcoming the Darkness
    “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” (John 9:5) to men and women who lived in darkness. Thankfully, “the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it” (John 1:5). Light always overcomes darkness, but darkness never overcomes the light. ... “if we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth” (1 John 1:6).

Overcoming Through Jesus, the Christ (anointed-messiah)
    Jesus “said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). So we too can take heart since we can’t overcome the world by ourselves; in fact, we can’t do anything without Christ (John 15:4-5). The Apostle John asks us a question but then answers it in writing, “Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” (1 John 5:5).

Overcoming Evil With Good -- in Romans 12 “not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” (Romans 12:21). We can overcome the pulls of the world by doing good for those in the world (Matthew 25). Jesus said, “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you” (Luke 6:27), but even further, “Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you” (Luke 6:28). If we only love our own, how are we any different from the world (Luke 6:32)? Remember what the Apostle Peter wrote, that “whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved” (2 Peter 2:19). If it’s responding to evil with evil, we’re no better than the lost. Trust God–He will take care of everything (Romans 12:17-21). We should be different: children of God... Peter warns that if “they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first” (2 Peter 2:20).

By His Blood and by Our Testimony -- Revelation says that “they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death” (Revelation 12:11). we’re commanded to seek those who are lost by our testimony (Matthew 28:19-20). Its to “the one who conquers, [Jesus] will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name” (Revelation 3:12). So how do we overcome? I’ll quote John a second time: “Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” (1 John 5:5).

Thankfully, “everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith” (1 John 5:4). Jesus told His disciples, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:14). Jesus overcame the world so that we could be overcomers. We overcome the darkness only thru the glorious light of the Gospel, we overcome the world only through Jesus the Christ, we overcome evil by doing good to those who do evil to us, and we overcome the world by our testimony, but not without the precious blood of the Lamb of God.

last but least... we are commanded under a new law, for dominion:
    Law and Dominion: https://pocketcollege.com/index.html#61
    with the fellowship of way-showers
    https://www.hosfell.org/single-post/way-showers