Guarding Your Heart!
In today’s world we hear the phrase “follow your heart” as if that is a good thing because it is assumed that we are basically good. After the fall in the garden of Eden, all were under the curse. Our hearts turned from good (pure, seeking God) to bad (corrupt, seeking our will and not God’s). We need to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, obey Him, trust Him with all our heart, mind, and soul. Only then will we be able to guard our heart from being deceived. In this way will we find true happiness and be all that God meant us to be – in Him. That is my prayer for you.

Here are a few Scripture to meditate on and ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you in.

CONDITION OF THE HEART

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

GUARD YOUR HEART

Proverbs 4:23-27 – Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.

STEPS TO FOLLOW

1Pet 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pet 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Ps 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

WHEN OUR HEART NEEDS TO GET RIGHT WITH GOD

1John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Ps 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

HOW WE GOT IN THE MESS WE’RE IN TODAY…

Gen (3:2) Now the serpent was the most crafty of all the brutes on the earth, which the Lord God made, and the serpent said to the woman, Wherefore has God said, Eat not of every tree of the garden?

Gen (3:3) And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden, 3 (3:4) but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen(3:5) And the serpent said to the woman, Ye shall not surely die. 5 (3:6) For God knew that in whatever day ye should eat of it your eyes would be opened, and ye would be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen (3:7) And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes to look upon and beautiful to contemplate, and having taken of its fruit she ate, and she gave to her husband also with her, and they ate. 7 (3:8) And the eyes of both were opened, and they perceived that they were naked, and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons to go round them.

Dan 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

OUR DECEITFUL HEART (MY OH MY!):

Ps 12:2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Ps 36:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD. The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

YOU CAN’T HIDE FROM GOD…

Ps 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

GOD’S NEW PLAN FOR A NEW HEART (FOR US):

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Jer 9:23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, and let not the strong man boast in his strength, and let not the rich man boast in his wealth; 24 but let him that boasts boast in this, the understanding and knowing that I am the Lord that exercise mercy, and judgment, and righteousness, upon the earth; for in these things is my pleasure, saith the Lord.