Thread: We cried out to God for help

We cried out to God for help

'We cried out to God for help': Two Florida swimmers who got pulled two miles out into the ocean by strong currents are rescued by boat called The Amen

Two Florida teenagers who got stranded in the ocean for two hours and cried out to God for help were miraculously rescued by a boat named The Amen.

Tyler Smith and Heather Brown, both 17, went for a swim off of Vilano Beach near St. Augustine on Thursday April 18 for senior skip day.

But their hooky adventure turned into a fight for their lives when they ventured too far into the water and got stuck in the powerful waves.

The teens ended up stranded in the middle of the ocean two miles off the shore, fighting the waves for two hours.

Desperate, they started to cry out to God for help. They’ve been friends since fourth grade and are seniors at Christ's Church Academy.

'I cried out: "If you really do have a plan for us, like, come on. Just bring something,"' Tyler recalled to Fox30, adding his leg started to cramp just moments before a boat came to their rescue.

Captain Eric Wagner, manning the boat called The Amen, found the two screaming for help in the water.

'Over all the wind, waves, and engines, we thought we heard a desperate scream. Exhausted and near the end, the boy told me he called out for God's help. Then we showed up,' Wagner said.

He called the Coast Guard and sailed to their rescue.

He and his crew aboard The Amen were headed from Delray Beach to New Jersey. They decided to go through the rough waves for fun, which ended up being a lifesaving decision for the teens.

'I told them the name of the vessel, that's when they started to cry,' Wagner said. 'The young couple was gracious and grateful to us and to God. It was the latter all along.'

'I started swimming towards it. I was like, "I’m going to get this boat. Just stay here. I’m going to get this boat. We are going to live."' Heather said recalling seeing the boat appear on the horizon.

'From us crying out to God, for Him to send someone for us to keep living and a boat named Amen, there's no way that it wasn't Him,' Tyler added to Fox.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amed-Amen.html

Re: We cried out to God for help

God is merciful and kind to good honest men. A good piece of news for once!

Re: We cried out to God for help

It's awesome how they called out to God and a boat named the Amen picks them up...You just about can't get more divine than that. Hopefully, this brings more of our people to his Word.