Thread: Psychic industry has grown 52%

Psychic industry has grown 52%

Good fortunes: The U.S. psychic industry has grown 52% since 2005 to reach $2.2billion in revenue last year thanks to wider acceptance of the supernatural, report finds

They come seeking insights on love, money and lost loved ones.

Some find answers and relief. Others find a reason to keep coming back, paying each time for the answers they crave.

Whether it's palm readers or astrologers, experts in tarot, or mediums who connect with the dead – the psychic industry is booming, according to a new report.

Revenues have grown 52 percent since 2005 to reach nearly $2.2 billion in 2018, the most recent year for which data is available, according to an IBISWorld industry report obtained by DailyMail.com.

The industry has rebounded along with the post-recession economy and a growing acceptance of the metaphysical or supernatural.

The industry's growth comes as personal religious beliefs in the U.S. have become more flexible and accepting: more than a quarter of Americans have left the faith they were raised in and 16.1 percent consider themselves unaffiliated, according to Pew.

'I don't think the susceptibility or gullibility of Americans has changed over the decades,' said Michael Shermer, the publisher of Skeptic magazine and a teacher of critical thinking at Chapman University.

'What we're witnessing is probably more internet access for promoters of psychics to spread their business more,' he told DailyMail.com.

At the same time, the industry is contending with escalating local regulations, as a growing number of states pass ordinances requiring background checks, registration fees, random inspections and limits on how many psychics can work within a given area, according to IBISWorld.

Some 15 percent of Americans have consulted psychics or fortune tellers – and women are twice as likely to visit one, according to Pew Research Center.

The highest concentration of psychics is in Florida, where 14.4 percent of the entire industry works. California came in second (12.5 percent), followed by New York (7.2 percent) and Texas (6.9 percent).

She laughs off skeptics and acknowledges that many people may not be able to wrap their head around the spiritual, metaphysical world, but maintains that what she does is real.

'This is becoming more mainstream,' she said. 'We are all capable of these abilities. Every single one of us.'

She's grown her business a number of ways – including through promoting her work on Facebook and offering her services to more people via video-conferencing.

'I absolutely access third dimensional marketing tools while coupling it with this fifth dimensional energy (to grow my business),' Herold said.

While most people can't predict the future, the economic crystal ball suggests good fortune for psychics going forward.

Over the next five years, industry revenue is expected to continue rising, growing 0.9 percent each year to total $2.3 billion by 2024.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...enue-year.html

11044186-0-image-a-122_1552669211310.jpg

Witchcraft...

Blog Entries

Re: Psychic industry has grown 52%

So true Erik. You put out facts; something most people do not have the patience to do. My opinion is a combination of society lacking Christian wisdom. With many years of our racial people lacking the right of association with each other. Along with The hell we go though to communicate intelligent facts with each other.
    Desperate people do desperate things.

Aside from a lot of charlatans some psychics are real. The problem is they are not getting their information from spirit guides with cutesy names. Their information comes from the demons that inhabit our world just out of sight.

I can understand that some people believe through divination they may see the future. But if they are a nice person that may one day be a child of god, what advice you think they will get? It won't be good. Avoid all of that like the plague!

Yahweh is clear: Leviticus 20:6; "And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people."

When spirit mediums come kinda low on the list of bad people you know you are deep into apostacy!

Sadly when your relatives are gone they are gone, period, of course the soul lives on. Sometimes these people at 'spiritist' churches will give accurate information. Because the information comes from a network of demons, not Yahweh or his arch angels. The devil will tell the truth as part of a strategy sometimes.

What I will say is possible, is that relatives who have passed may have a short window to say goodbye. My aunt had said when my grandma had died she appeared before her and they had a short talk, my grandma then vanished and that was that.