Thread: Vengeance is Mine (Yahweh's)

Vengeance is Mine (Yahweh's)

Deuteronomy 32:35
    To me [belongeth] vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in [due] time: for the day of their calamity [is] at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

2 Thessalonians 1:6
    Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Ezekiel 25:17
    And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Hebrews 10:30
    For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Leviticus 19:18
    Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the LORD.

Psalms 94:1
    O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

1 Samuel 24:12
    The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.

Romans 12:19
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 12:17-21
    17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 Peter 3:9
    Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Proverbs 24:29
    Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

1 Thessalonians 5:15
    See that none render evil for evil unto any [man]; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all [men].

Romans 12:17
    Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Romans 13:4
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Blog Entries

Re: Vengeance is Mine (Yahweh's)

My thoughts on vengeance is character issues. When a man wants to view the outside world around him as a extension of himself like a narcissistic personality. How he views scriptures differs . Thus being a issue of twisting right and wrong over and over.
    Emotional turmoil is inflected on good men and women. Soo hard to live and speak righteously now days.