Thread: Favorite Westerns (informal)

Red face Favorite Westerns (informal)

Was just thinking about some old films on my lunch break. Hope I am not the only one that longs for the days of cowboy movies again! Of course if they do any now it would probably have women and blacks as the heros. However absurd that is!

My old mans: Shane, The Searchers, Lonesome Dove The Outlaw Josey Wales, Jeremiah Johnson, Big Sky, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, True Grit,

Mine are similar but my Dad's favorite is Shane with Alan Ladd, closley followed by the Searchers then Josey Wales and Lonesome Dove.

For me it's similar, but my favorites include; The Magnificent Seven (an adaptation of a Japanese film called Seven Samurai), Long riders (Jesse James I admire somewhat, although he was a thief), Open Range, The Alamo (the liberals try and portray this now as being more even numbers! Utter tripe!), Butch Cassidy and Sundance (very inacurrate the real Butch only robbed two banks with Sundance. Sundance was a rogue and Butch was a veteran criminal and brute) Even so I love the film. I like all the Spaghetti Westerns, but in particular a Fistful of Dollars (the 4 coffins scene is badass and brilliant).

Blog Entries

Re: Favorite Westerns (informal)

I liked Outlaw Joey Wales.

Makes me remember a time when making public conversations and casual friends was normal. The times the films were published were much less hateful and critical of my existence. People without close family or close friends see the world differently. Do not risk losing family and friends over public politics;; you will regret it. Hard to keep family and friends in a politically correct world.

<---likes all spaghetti Westerns.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Yes the Spaghetti Westerns were great, The music by Italian composer Ennio Morricone.

Josey Wales is a cool film. Clint is the first man to do more rugged anti-hero type westerns!