Thread: Turning away from God

Turning away from God

Rural Alabama police department criticized for blaming a recent spike in murders on young people 'turning away from God and embracing Satan'

An Alabama police department has been criticized for blaming recent violence on the community 'rejecting god and embracing Satan'.

The post from the Opp Police Department comes as two gunshot killings in as many days in Covington County, located on the Alabama-Florida line.

It claimed recent area homicides had been perpetrated by young people who need 'to stand up and be responsible leaders in our community'.

The post calls on the community to support law enforcement and officers who have 'to walk into dangerous situations and clean the mess'.

'Bottom line, there are sheep, there are wolves and there are sheep dogs. Which group do you belong to?'

However the Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation says police in the town of 6,500 people are wrongly promoting religion with the social media message.

The group said it is illegal for a government entity to endorse or criticize religious belief.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-Satan.html

7672818-6517085-image-a-29_1545330705175.jpg

Blog Entries

Re: Turning away from God

I remember what it was like to live without Jesus Christ. I was blessed to be told about our Lord in more civil times. The politics, science, priest craft in a mans life causes a lot of confusion indeed. Being prideful and smart is a fast way to hell.

Re: Turning away from God

Quote Originally Posted by frey#89 View Post
    I remember what it was like to live without Jesus Christ. I was blessed to be told about our Lord in more civil times. The politics, science, priest craft in a mans life causes a lot of confusion indeed. Being prideful and smart is a fast way to hell.
    I was an atheist before i came to Christ. I remember what that was like. But unlike most I actually searched for the truth.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.