Thread: Environment

Environment

This thread is about anything to do with the environment...

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:28 - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:15 - And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Numbers 35:33-34 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it. Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the Lord dwell among the children of Israel.

Proverbs 27:18 Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honoured.

Psalms 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

Jeremiah And I brought 2:7 - you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination.

Ezekiel 34:18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

In the end, we are to take care of it not destroy it through pollution, etc.

Re: Environment

Australia Found a Way to Save Water From Plastic Pollution and We Can Start Doing the Same

This past summer authorities from the Australian city of Kwinana installed a new filtration system in the Henley Reserve. This system is unbelievably simple and helpful. Both the government and the citizens have already seen the benefits of using it and they’re as content as can be.

It consists of a net that is placed on the outlet of a drainage pipe which helps to catch large debris and protect the environment from contamination.

These pipes drain water from residential areas to natural areas and the trash and litter from these places can be overwhelming and be harmful to the environment. Moreover, this trash is usually washed away by heavy rains which pulls it all down to the drainage systems.

The city authorities started by installing 2 nets and were amazed at the results — their new filtration system managed to catch more than 800 pounds of garbage within several weeks.

So, it has been decided to install these litter “traps” all over the city and minimize the pollution to the wildlife and surrounding environment. Though the installation and the manufacture of these nets cost money (about $10,000 each), the overall system is still quite profitable because they provide significant cost savings going forward. For example, they now save on the labor costs that they previously had to pay for people who would collect all the litter manually.

When the nets get full, they are then lifted and the trash is thrown into special garbage collecting trucks and transported to a trash-sorting center. There, it all gets separated into non-recyclable and recyclable material, which then move on for further processing.

https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosi...-GgB53s8y7H34A

7682560-46076580_1216985171786553_892698889365225472_n-1542722442-728-24c90d848c-1542882878.jpg

7682660-46165961_1216985151786555_6940083339726422016_o-0596852001542659724-728-7af53a207a-15428.jpg

7682760-StormX_NewInstallation9-1542725189-728-7af53a207a-1542882878.jpg

Thats brilliant.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.

In-Water Automated Marina Rubbish Collector

The Ocean Cleanup Is Starting, Aims To Cut Garbage Patch By 90% By 2040

A massive cleanup of plastic in the seas will begin in the Pacific Ocean, by way of Alameda, California. The Ocean Cleanup, an effort that's been five years in the making, plans to launch its beta cleanup system, a 600-meter (almost 2,000-foot) long floater that can collect about five tons of ocean plastic per month.

The Ocean Cleanup plans to monitor the performance of the beta, called System 001, and have an improved fleet of 60 more units skimming the ocean for plastics in about a year a half. The ultimate goal of the project, founded by Dutch inventor Boyan Slat when he was 18, is to clean up 50% of the patch in five years, with a 90% reduction by 2040.

"Research shows the majority of plastic by mass is currently in the larger debris," as noted on The Ocean Cleanup website. "By removing the plastic while most of it is still large, we prevent it from breaking down into dangerous microplastics" that can absorb toxic substances and travel up the food chain.

The project is not without its critics, who say The Ocean Cleanup is literally skimming the surface of the problem. There are, after all, five garbage patches out there. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is the largest.

The organization has responded to those concerns pretty extensively. In short, this isn't a silver bullet, but it's a pretty good weapon against an environmental threat.

Yes, there five garbage patches out there. Yes, there is still plastic coming into the system every day.

"Generally, the large problems of the world are quite often more complicated than it looks," Holierhoek said. "Also, this problem is not as simple as 'Let's just clean it up in the ocean and the problem goes away.'

"There needs to be changes. We have contributed to this problem since the 1950s, as humanity. What is out there is out there. If no one goes and gets it, it will stay out there."

She adds, "I'm convinced our project does give hope, not false hope. ... We are solving a serious environmental problem with the cleanup. It also shows we don't have to give up."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffkar.../#4afbea05253e

https://www.theoceancleanup.com/?gcl...SAAEgIpu_D_BwE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyan_Slat

I always go on holiday to our family cottage in a rural setting. It is always when I feel most relaxed, surround by mountains and trees and farm animals. No road noise at night. That is my idea of heaven! The air is one of the smaller things, that is noticeable the water is softer. It's amazing.

I too love god's animals and I was saddened to hear whales were dying due to plastic waste in the sea. A lot of it comes from the third world however which is what the eco hippies won't tell you. Same goes for rare animals in Africa, if the poachers pay the wardens more oftentimes they are allowed to kill endangered beasts. I guess we were kinda bad with the buffalo hunting to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeliever View Post
    I always go on holiday to our family cottage in a rural setting. It is always when I feel most relaxed, surround by mountains and trees and farm animals. No road noise at night. That is my idea of heaven! The air is one of the smaller things, that is noticeable the water is softer. It's amazing.
    That sounds like a great vacation, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeliever View Post
    I too love god's animals and I was saddened to hear whales were dying due to plastic waste in the sea. A lot of it comes from the third world however which is what the eco hippies won't tell you. Same goes for rare animals in Africa, if the poachers pay the wardens more oftentimes they are allowed to kill endangered beasts. I guess we were kinda bad with the buffalo hunting to be fair!
    Yeah, it is sad seeing all the animals hurt from trash and stuff and of course most comes from the third world but since the third world is invading its here as well. Not to mention some of our people who don't care about the environment.

I view those trophy hunters and/or poachers as murderers...They just want to kill the animal to put its head on their wall or to take its tusk etc. The trophy hunters claim it helps protect the animal but you aren't going to protect an endangered species by paying to kill them.

Of course, throughout history, many animals have been slaughter to almost extinction or became extinct which is something that should be prevented.