Thread: Bible Wisdom of the Day

Bible Wisdom of the Day

Proverbs 1:20-33

20 Wisdom sings aloud in passages, and in the broad places speaks boldly.

21 And she makes proclamation on the top of the walls, and sits by the gates of princes; and at the gates of the city boldly says,

22 So long as the simple(innocent, not bad, unsuspecting^) cleave to justice(righteousness^), they shall not be ashamed: but the foolish(mindless, stupid, ignorant, egotistic^) being lovers of haughtiness, having become ungodly have hated knowledge, and are become subject to reproofs.

23 Behold, I will bring forth to you the utterance of my breath, and I will instruct you in my speech.

24 Since I called, and ye did not hearken; and I spoke at length, and ye gave no heed;

25 but ye set at nought my counsels, and disregarded my reproofs;

26 therefore I also will laugh at your destruction(ruin or loss (physical, spiritual or eternal)^); and I will rejoice against you when ruin(i.e. death, punishment^) comes upon you:

27 yea when dismay suddenly comes upon you, and your overthrow shall arrive like a tempest; and when tribulation and distress shall come upon you, or when ruin shall come upon you.

28 For it shall be that when ye call upon me, I will not hearken to you: wicked(worthless, depraved, injurious^) men shall seek me, but shall not find me.

29 For they hated wisdom, and did not choose the word of the Lord:

30 neither would they attend to my counsels(will, advise, purpose^), but derided my reproofs(proof, conviction^).

31 Therefore shall they eat the fruits of their own way, and shall be filled with their own ungodliness.

32 For because they wronged the simple(not speaking, (figuratively) a simple-minded person, an immature Christian^), they shall be slain; and an inquisition(to test thoroughly (by questions)^) shall ruin the ungodly.

33 But he that hearkens to me shall dwell in confidence, and shall rest securely from all evil.

Scripture from Brenton's Septuagint
    (^) Mickelson's Enhanced Strongs Greek and Hebrew dictionaries, 2008, Jonathan Kristen Mickelson
    Last edited by Crossman; 10-26-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Bible Wisdom of the Day

James 1::

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom(higher or lower, worldly or spiritual^), let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth(rail at, chide, taunt, deride^) not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded(two-spirited, i.e. vacillating (in opinion or purpose^) man is unstable(inconstant^) in all his ways

Scripture from the King James Bible
    (^) Mickelson's Enhanced Strongs Greek and Hebrew dictionaries, 2008, Jonathan Kristen Mickelson
    Last edited by Crossman; 10-26-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

1Kings 2:

1 And there approached the days for David himself to die; and he gave charge to his son to Solomon, saying,

2 I am going in the way of all the earth, and you shall be strong(to have (or exercise) strength, force^), and you shall be a man.

3 And you shall guard the watch of the LORD your God, to go in his ways, to guard his commandments, and the ordinances, and the judgments, and his testimonies, as written in the law of Moses; that you should perceive all what you shall do, and everywhere of which ever you should have paid attention there.

4 So that the LORD should establish his word which he spoke concerning me, saying, If your sons should guard their way, to go before me in truth, with their whole heart(the thoughts or feelings (mind)^), and with their whole soul(inner being or life^), saying, There shall not be lifted away to you a man from the throne of Israel.

5 And now you know what Joab son of Zeruiah did to me, and what he did to the two rulers of the forces of Israel -- Abner son of Ner, and Amasa son of Jether; and he killed them, and ordered up the blood of war for peace, and put innocent blood on his belt, the one on his loin, and on his sandal, the one on his foot.

6 And you shall do according to your wisdom, and you shall not lead down his gray hair in peace into Hades.

7 And to the sons of Barzillai the Gileadite you shall have mercy, and they shall be at the eating of your table, for so they drew near to me in my fleeing from the face of your brother of Absalom.

8 And behold, there is with you Shimei son of Gera, son of the Benjamite from Bahurim. And he cursed** me a grievous curse(to dam^) in the day in which I went into Camps. And he went down for meeting me at the Jordan, and I swore by an oath to him by the LORD, saying, I shall not put you to death by the broadsword.

9 And you shall in no way acquit him, for you are a wise man, and you shall know what to do with him, and you shall lead down his gray hair with blood into Hades.

10 And David slept with his fathers, and he was entombed in the city of David.

**Ex 22:28 You shall not speak evil(to revile^***) of magistrates, and rulers of your people you shall not speak wickedly.

***revile- Criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner. See- https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/revile

All Scripture from the Apostolic Polyglot Bible LXX

Last edited by Crossman; 10-26-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling

1 Corinthians 3:

16 Do you not know that you are a temple(a dwelling place^) of God, and the spirit of God lives in you?

17 If anyone corrupts(mongrelizes^^) the temple of God, God shall corrupt this one; for the temple of God is holy(separate^^), which you are.

18 Let no one cheat(to seduce wholly^) himself! If anyone thinks himself to be wise among you in this eon, let him become moronish(dull or stupid^)! that he should become wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is moronishness(foolishness^^) with God. For it has been written, He is the one grabbing the wise in their cleverness(craftiness^^)*.

20 And again, The Lord knows the devices(reasonings^^) of the wise, that they are vain.**

21 So that let no one boast among men! For all things are yours.

22 Whether Paul, whether Apollos, whether Cephas, whether the world, whether life, whether death, whether things present, whether things about to be; all are yours;

23 but you are of Christ, and Christ of God.

*Job 5:13 the one overtaking the wise with the intellect; and the counsel of the crafty ones he amazes.

** Psalms 94: 11 the LORD, he knows the thoughts of men, for they are vain.

Scripture except where noted is from the Apostolic Bible Polyglot (ABP), 2nd Ed., 1996, 2013, The Apostolic Press [LXX]

(^^) From the Anointed Standard Translation (AST), 2nd Ed., 1995, 2001, HBPH.

Ecclesiastes 10:

1 Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

3 Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.

KJV

Colossians 2:13, And you, being dead in transgressions and in the foreskin of your flesh, you He made alive together with Him, forgiving us all those transgressions.

14, Having wiped out the handwriting against us in the ordinances which were opposed to us, even this He has taken out of the way, nailing it to the cross. CNT

Quote Originally Posted by God's Jewel View Post
    Colossians 2:13, And you, being dead in transgressions and in the foreskin of your flesh, you He made alive together with Him, forgiving us all those transgressions.

14, Having wiped out the handwriting against us in the ordinances which were opposed to us, even this He has taken out of the way, nailing it to the cross. CNT
    Nice.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.

Blog Entries

A though about the New Testament came to my mind while I was working at my job. The saying in the Bible about the fearful and feminine type men. It seems to make no sense to common people. To me it means the fearful and feminine are sneaky liars

and usually are in a habit working in darkness.