Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought of the day thread

Re: Thought of the day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Earlier this year on his short daily radio show, I heard a well-known mainstream Christian preacher recall the following:

He was once invited to be the main speaker at a public gathering and while sitting on stage just before proceedings began, he noticed delegates from a few other non-Christian religious groups sitting in the front row. He began to realise that he was being sucked into a so called “interfaith” multi religious meeting. He then without a word or backward glance, got up, stepped off stage and walked out of the building. He rightly explained on air that Christ doesn’t share His glory with any other faith or god !

I hold in my hands a free interfaith quarterly publication that states the following:

The role of interfaith is to unite diverse people

This publication is polluting my home, but I’m waiting my chance to explain its anti-Christian implications to someone who left it here.
    I'm impressed i didn't think there were that many good preachers left. I once thought this way to a degree. I wanted to help bring WN pagans and
    Christians together. Now I see that was a mistake. If they refuse to see then its on them.
    You know what the difference between the jews and the Nazis is?
    The jews are actually guilty of the crimes their accused of.

Earlier this year on his short daily radio show, I heard a well-known mainstream Christian preacher recall the following:

He was once invited to be the main speaker at a public gathering and while sitting on stage just before proceedings began, he noticed delegates from a few other non-Christian religious groups sitting in the front row. He began to realise that he was being sucked into a so called “interfaith” multi religious meeting. He then without a word or backward glance, got up, stepped off stage and walked out of the building. He rightly explained on air that Christ doesn’t share His glory with any other faith or god !

I hold in my hands a free interfaith quarterly publication that states the following:

This publication is polluting my home, but I’m waiting my chance to explain its anti-Christian implications to someone who left it here.
    Thank you for sharing this story. What a powerful witness this man of God set to other kindred.

Crossman

The Ecumenical movement is defined as the organised attempt to bring about cooperation and unity among different Christians denominations, but more dangerous still, Ecumenism is also more broadly defined as a movement promoting worldwide unity among all religions !

i.e. Interfaith = one world, one religion, one peopleone Babylon !

Thought of the day.

My faithful wife this morning read to me a powerful set of verses from Proverbs 7:6-16 as we started our day-

For the Lord gives wisdom; and from his presence come knowledge and understanding, and he treasures up salvation for them that walk uprightly: he will protect their way; that he may guard the righteous ways: and he will preserve the way of them that fear him.

Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgement; and shalt direct all thy course aright. For if wisdom shall come into thine understanding, and discernment shall seem pleasing to thy soul, good counsel shall guard thee, and holy understanding shall keep thee; to deliver thee from the evil way, and from the man that speaks nothing faithfully.

Alas for those who forsake right paths, to walk in ways of darkness; who rejoice in evils, and delight in wicked perverseness; whose paths are crooked, and their courses winding; to remove thee far from the straight way, and to estrange thee from a righteous purpose. My son, let not evil counsel overtake thee,

Note the word "salvation" in verse 7. This word has a much deeper meaning in the Greek. Yahweh promises us- "rescue or safety (physically or morally) from the evil world around us when we walk upright according to His standards.

We all have in our walk the mountains and valleys of life. These situations are used by our Lord Jesus to help us grow in our walk with Him. There is a purpose for every situation that happens in our lives. We have certain choices put before us. Sometimes we make the right choice but sometimes we don't. If we make the wrong choice and our life doesn't go well we usually face the same similar challenge again. My first pastor over 40 years age called this situation "going around the mountain again." Its the Lord's way of honoring His commitment to give us that wisdom, knowledge and understand we need in life and for Him to teach us to make the upright choice of life in that certain situation.

Today, under the New Covenant, the Christian has the infilling of the Holy Spirit of God within him. And from that holy presence within as Solomon said above can come the knowledge and understanding we need to deal with the evils of every day life. May we all remember to call upon Him and ask Him for that wisdom from above and the power to live a Godly life.

Crossman

All quoted verses are from Brenton's Septuagint translation. Greek word study from LXXE bible.

I'm still waiting for the Dr. Wickstrom lecture uploads his abductors promised.

Not. lulz.

My father told me that his grandmother had said that "every child comes with its own loaf of bread":
    said in the day of large families.
    Today we are constantly bombarded with fear-mongering to keep our numbers down.
    They had faith that God would provide !

Liberals: God's wrath is upon republican States through the use of Hurricanes etc...

Republicans: God's wrath is upon liberal States through the use of Fires, etc...

Me: Every city, town, county, state, etc is inundated with sin. Yahweh's wrath can come at any time. Pray that you survive it or that he leads you out of areas that will be destroyed.
    Last edited by Erik; 10-12-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Similar to Phinehas Pastor Visser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I hear "Yahweh will take care of Pastor Visser" it makes me wonder why some think He always hasn't.
    Pastor Visser @
    Covenant People's Ministry & Forums
    Box 256, Brooks, GA 30205

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Visser View Post
    When I hear "Yahweh will take care of Pastor Visser" it makes me wonder why some think He always hasn't.
    Probably because people think in the flesh and they see or hear about you struggling and believe that you're not blessed. They don't realize it's not about all the material possessions one owns or how much money one makes, but each of our individual relationships with Jesus/Yahweh.

Similar to Phinehas Pastor Visser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

God, if you're listening, HELP!
    Pastor Visser @
    Covenant People's Ministry & Forums
    Box 256, Brooks, GA 30205