Thread: What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

Which day do you think is the Sabbath?
    I think there is some dispute in the CI circle about whether it is Saturday or Sunday, so which do you think the Sabbath day is?
    There IS a lot of debate in CI on a lot of topics i.e Baptism,Pork,seduction,No Satan and the Sabbath day etc etc
    But this thread will talk about the Sabbath...

Re: The Sabbath Day

Saturday as far as I know. The old school christians say early Sunday morning though.....

Quote Originally Posted by malachi83 View Post
    Which day do you think is the Sabbath?
    I think there is some dispute in the CI circle about whether it is Saturday or Sunday, so which do you think the Sabbath day is?
    There IS a lot of debate in CI on a lot of topics i.e Baptism,Pork,seduction,No Satan and the Sabbath day etc etc
    But this thread will talk about the Sabbath...
    I believe it is the 7th day, Saturday. The Roman Catholic church is guilty of changing it to Sunday. Although monthly calendars have changed several times over the centuries the 7 day cycle has never changed.

Are there any articles about the Sabbath been on Saturday?

Question What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

I have heard many different views on this particular question and I just wanted to see what everyone has to say about this? I have read/heard that the traditional day of Sunday is proper, but other information advises that Saturday or Friday would be the correct days. I am personally confused on what day to celebrate the Sabbath on and would like to know if anyone could recommend any scriptures that would point to the proper day?

On a side note with this subject, what about the holidays and Feasts that we are supposed to celebrate according to scripture? Forgive me for what is probably very basic questions but I have been confused about this for awhile. I would appreciate any help ya'll could give me on these questions!

Blog Entries

Re: What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

Of course you could worship

Freya- on friday
    Saturn-on saturday
    the Sun-on sunday
    the Moon-on monday
    Thule-on tuesday
    WOTAN-YHVH-ALL FATHER- on WOTANSday
    Thor-thursday

Take your pick
    One Creator i call Abba YHVH..

I'm with the Bible on this one - the seventh day.

I have gotten some more information and responses about this. Pastor Eli James had given me the best advice in my opinion; he advised that it is hard to keep the letter of the law when it comes to the days of the week (considering we can not work the solar calendar into that), so we can keep the spirit of the law.

Well put, I think. That being said, I will be following suit with you Solomon, and celebrating on the seventh day.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Yahweh Bless

Quote Originally Posted by TNchristian View Post
    Pastor Eli James had given me the best advice in my opinion; he advised that it is hard to keep the letter of the law when it comes to the days of the week (considering we can not work the solar calendar into that), so we can keep the spirit of the law.
    That's sound advice, friend -- thanks for posting it.
    United Identity Church of Christ

Now It's Your Choice! Will You take a Stand for God, Race, and Nation?

http://www.scripturesforamerica.org/