Thread: Bison? WTF?

Bison? WTF?

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THIS?

Fig. 44.

This skeleton of a bison from the Neolithic can be seen in the Museum of Paleontology in Moscow.

The hole in the skull could only have been made by a firearm.

Who on earth possessed firearms in 8000 B.C.?

INFO
    It was the skeleton of a bison (Fig. 44), whose brow had been pierced by a neat shot, and I had seen it in the Museum of Paleontology in Moscow.

The original home of the bison was Russian Asia. The age of my fossil bison was dated to the Neolithic (8000 to 2700 B.C.), when weapons were still made by flaking stones, and the most modern weapon created in that period was the stone axe.

A blow with a stone axe would inevitably have shattered the bison’s skull, but under no circumstances could it have left a bullet hole. A firearm in the Neolithic? In fact, the idea seems so absurd that the experts could dismiss it with a wave of the hand, if it were not for the fact that the Neolithic marksman’s bison trophy is on show in Moscow.

- From ''The Gold of the Gods'' by Erich Von Daniken

Re: Bison -

I think you should be extremely skeptical of anything that comes from Erich Von Daniken.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Switzer View Post
    I think you should be extremely skeptical of anything that comes from Erich Von Daniken.
    skeptical,Why?

Because Von Daniken was a fraud who wrote cheap paperbacks full of misinformation and lies for money. I thought everyone knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Switzer View Post
    Because Von Daniken was a fraud who wrote cheap paperbacks full of misinformation and lies for money. I thought everyone knew that.
    I didn't know that..

Von Daniken claims bananas come from outer space. Maybe that's why I've never liked them.