Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yahweh's "Ten Commandments"

Re: God's Law: "Done Away With" or Not?

When one set of rules is "done away with" a vacuum is created. Something must fill the void. Just what do the Judeos believe filled the void when God's perfect Law was done away with? Do they really believe that it's now okay to dishonor thy mother and father? Is it now okay to murder? Are we now allowed to bow down to false gods and idols? Can we now steal our neighbor's car and sleep with his wife? If the Judeos answer "NO" to the above questions then they don't (or can't) really believe that the Law of God was done away with. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

No, not even close! Christ TAUGHT the Law!

Re: Yahweh's "Ten Commandments"

What an awesome and orderly GOD!!

For example:
    the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
    those of the canary in 14 days;
    those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
    The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
    those of the mallard in 35 days;
    The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
    (Notice, they are all divisible by seven , the number of days in a week!)

The lives of each of you may be ordered by Yahveh in a beautiful way for His
    glory, if you will only entrust Him with your life. If you try to regulate your
    own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only the One Who made the brain
    and the heart can successfully guide them to a profitable end.

God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant.. The four legs of this great
    beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made.
    God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two
    legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the
    ground easily.

The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first. A cow rises from
    the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise Yahveh is in all His works
    of creation!

God's wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as well as
    in the number of grains..

Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
    Each orange has an even number of segments.
    Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
    Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
    Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and
    each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row
    an odd number.

The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of
    weather.

Al l grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and Yahveh specified
    thirty fold, sixty fold, and a hundredfold - all even numbers.

God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day,
    so that Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory
    containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the
    time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!

Thus Yahveh in His wonderful grace can arrange the life that is entrusted to
    His care in such a way that it will carry out His purposes and plans, and will
    be fragrant with His presence.

Only the God-planned safe life is successful. Only the life given over to the
    care of the Lord is fulfilled.

I believe Jesus came to magnify the law and put us back on the
    straight and narrow path to righteousness. We are to obey the
    law of God because we love God. Basically if we do not keep the
    law then we hate God, only those who keep the law loves God.
    Is it not written, "If you love me you will keep my commandments."
    Those who keep the commandments and the faith of Jesus truly
    love the Eternal.

I am just a country man and try to keep it simple, at the
    some time I am no road scholar.

Pastor Bill

Christ said that he came not to do away with the law but to fulfill it.

Exodus 20:2-17

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.