Thread: What Translation of the New Testament Do You Read?

What Translation of the New Testament Do You Read?

I regularly go back to the King James Version myself. But I've been examining a new one that was made not all that long ago: The Berean Study and Literal Bible (both versions are entirely free.)

Honestly, I want to get my nose stuck in the New Testament Scriptures, do you have a better suggestion that's available to read online? I've always got the KJV handy.
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

Re: What Translation of the New Testament Do You Read?

I use the KJV, FF and the 1611. But I do reference many others, and try to cross reference as much as I can. As a Pastor that is a priority when preparing a new sermon. But the KJV is my go to Holy Scriptures, it is easier to combat the jews and jewdeo-Christians with.
    Senior Pastor at Divine Truth Ministries
    Author, Holy Scriptures Teacher

Divine Truth Ministries
    PO Box 464
    Bainbridge Ohio 45612

Awaken, Children of Israel Volume I https://www.amazon.com/Awaken-Childr...6609224&sr=1-1

Awaken, Children of Israel Volume II https://www.amazon.com/Awaken-Childr...sap_bc?ie=UTF8

NLT and KJV respectly.

Neal,

I use "Anointed Standard Translation New Testament" (AST) by Herrell Brothers Publishing House as my main NT.

Also I use the NT text of the "The Apostolic Bible Polyglot" which is a Greek Lexicon Interlinear Bible with Strong's Greek numbers for their combined LXX and NT.

For reference I use several other NT texts such as the KJV, Amplified Bible, and Nestle Aland 26th Edition Greek New Testament which I find helpful.

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is available here online including a free download version:

http://apostolicbible.com/

Crossman

That polyglot acts as a great reference for studying Greek (much better than the KJV with Strong's!) Though I wish they weren't so strict in how one goes about getting their material from their site. That's the reason I'm not all over it.

I found a version of this Nestle Aland I think you're talking about on-line: http://www.nestle-aland.com/en/read-na28-online/

It's good to see that they've made it so available for study, although it's a little (unintentionally I presume) cumbersome to use as a website, it's truly a work-horse of an edition.

The Anointed Standard seems to be extremely rare and costly. But I would certainly like to be able to rest my neck down on a pillow and snuggle up to the New Testament with what I hear is a translation set-apart on its own. Has it been lawfully (Exodus 20:15) made available on-line anywhere? It's the way I mainly read anything these days.
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

Quote Originally Posted by נהאל (Neal) View Post
    That polyglot acts as a great reference for studying Greek (much better than the KJV with Strong's!) Though I wish they weren't so strict in how one goes about getting their material from their site. That's the reason I'm not all over it.

I found a version of this Nestle Aland I think you're talking about on-line: http://www.nestle-aland.com/en/read-na28-online/

It's good to see that they've made it so available for study, although it's a little (unintentionally I presume) cumbersome to use as a website, it's truly a work-horse of an edition.

The Anointed Standard seems to be extremely rare and costly. But I would certainly like to be able to rest my neck down on a pillow and snuggle up to the New Testament with what I hear is a translation set-apart on its own. Has it been lawfully (Exodus 20:15) made available on-line anywhere? It's the way I mainly read anything these days.
    Neal,
    It has been inferred to me the Polyglot project is mostly a one man operation. The helps such as a Complete Concordance and a Analytical Lexicon and his expansion of the Strong's numbering has been a great help for me in finding words in the Liddell & Scott Lexicon. I believe this is the first complete LXX which has a Concordance in English. You can call them up and you will probably get I translator himself and order by phone.

Although like any translation it isn't perfect but the available Strong's numbering overcomes that issue for the layman. His original target audience I believe was the English Greek Orthodox Church who were using the LXX and KJB. Now they have one edition containing a Greek text of the OT & NT. I asked about a future Apocrypha translation from the Greek but do to his age and his work load it doesn't look like something that will happen it the near future. There are also online videos on YouTube.

Secondly, the Anointed Standard Translation (AST) is available at a normal cost if you contact them for a price list and sent a SASE to:
    White Cross Ministries
    P.O. Box 188
    Kodak, TN 37764
    USA

It is rare & costly from time to time because of its supression although I have picked up inexpensive copies from Italy to get pass that issue until now.

I know of no online text of the AST. It would probably be quickly attacked and taken down any way, at least in the USA as it is considered the most dangerous New Testament translation in English. Review Federal & State online law docs for your own conclusions.

Why? Herrell found lexicon word definitions in the Greek text on racial words for example that were changed over the years starting with the Liddell & Scott 2nd US edition on a slow basis. Some words were changed in the US edition but were not changed in UK edition for over 50 years after for example. This research is contained in his books "The Sixth Law of God" & "The Truth Unveiled." This effected almost all 20th Greek lexicons. The enemy made one mistake, it forgot to change the corresponding definitions in the Latin lexicons and mostly all early English Greek Lexicons.

I can say one thing. When reading the AST I have checked out his wording many times and have yet to find false or deliberate changes for his personal bias. Only one word have I found yet that could go either way and I don't say this lightly. But I also realized their is no perfect translation.

Crossman

This comment is a personal comment. The opinion expressed does not necessary reflect the view of CPM Forum, it's Administrator or Owner.

Why? Check your fake "AST" - like they said in Kodak, TN it's jew created:

jew-owned-bibles.jpg

The AST is about as fake as the CNT as they're not the Word of Yahweh.

Christ already sent all the prophets.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

My favorite is The Scriptures, by The ISR.

AKJV here. I go old school.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape
    all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
    Luke 21:36

Living rent free in the heads of my enemies.

KJV with Strong's concordance, but I also have three different greek translations with the tools to go to them if needed.