Thread: Which Saint Do You Want to Meet?

Which Saint Do You Want to Meet?

Yahshua is the ever-living vine, and we are his branches and we produce fruit which Yahweh collects and then stores in heaven for all of us to enjoy when the Kingdom comes down to earth at the end of this age. (John 15:1-17; Matthew 6:19-21; Revelation 21:1-3,7,10)

One of my favorite parts of the Scriptures is in Revelation when it speaks of Yahshua coming back with His cloud of saints, or called-out ones. (Luke 21:25-28; Revelation 14:14-15; and Hebrews 11,12:1-2 for reference to a 'cloud' being witnesses and saints.)

Those saints coming back with Yahshua, they are our ancestors whose fruit Yahweh found most delectable, fruit which He is surely looking forward to setting out on the banquet table at the marriage feast of the Lamb!

So here's the question: Which ancestor are you looking forward to meeting come the end of the age? Besides Yahweh and Yahshua themselves of course! (That's quite right that they would be on the top of your list!)

-------

In my thoughts, and in my heart, right now I would like to meet Rebecca, the mother of Jacob/Israel.

In the Book of Jubilees, which is one Apocryphal work that I find to be quite 'canonical' so to speak, it describes how her son made a vow to not marry outside of our family, and how she blessed him with the word of Yahweh which He granted her in that moment as she held the only good fruit of her womb to her bosom, quite in love with the future that was to come -- Israel, the seedline of her and her husband. And with an immense faith in the future did she bless us all on that very day. (The Book of Jubilees 25 (R.H. Charles))

But where was old-man Isaac? It surely was one of his weakest moments! That once-was-a-young-boy who was so ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of not only his father Abraham, but indeed, for Yahweh Himself...and what was he about to do? Sell out his entire seed-line for some (albeit, super delicious) venison! Let's not be too harsh on the old-Adamite though, as it was all part of the plan from the beginning, amen.

But irregardless, it gave room for Rebecca to shine. There are many splendid handmaidens of Yahweh throughout the Scriptures, verily! But out of all of them that I can think of right now, I want to see my great-great-great...great-great-great-grandmother Rebecca, who clearly was ready to do what needed to be done to save the seed-line of Yahshua from disappearing on this earth!

When she comes back, I fully expect her to be looking out for all of her children while Yahshua is busy setting up the Tare-BBQ, especially looking out for those of her offspring who could use a hug right about now! Thankfully, we still have her beautiful blessings, through faith, words, and acts, in the Book of Jubilees and in Genesis too: (Genesis 24:60, 25:28, 27:46)

Apparently her venison was pretty good as well! Not even Isaac complained, even as his stomach growled for Esau's. (Genesis 27:9) Think she'll cook us up some venison too? We will probably have to explain to the poor thing, each time she cooks it: 'No Mrs. Rebecca, of course not, we know you're not trying to trick us like good ole' Isaac...'

(Extra Challenge!!!) In the Apocalypse of Baruch (Apocrypha, otherwise known as II Baruch) it's mentioned that in the Kingdom, with our new heavenly bodies (I Corinthians 15:50-54) we can be in whatever form we wish to be in at any time. (Apocalypse of Baruch 51:10 explicitly, but the whole chapter is amazing (R.H. Charles).)

I get the impression that Rebecca would like to be a flower. A flower lounging about in a field of family-flowers that look just like her, and resemble how beautiful she must have been then and all the more so come the Kingdom. (Genesis 26:7-11.)

:נודיכם את-יהוה וישוע לאמנו טובה רבקה
    (We thank you, Yahweh and Yahshua, for our good mother Rebecca.)

אמן
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

Re: Which Saint Do You Want to Meet?

I would like to meet John. It seems he figured out in later years that love was the only thing that mattered.

Plus he penned the Revelation of Yahshua.