Thread: Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light

Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light

Quote Originally Posted by campchar View Post
    I put all my changes into this revised document
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4G...ew?usp=sharing
    I removed the file below, so please use this new document. Each statement is backed by bible verses.
    Also, just an fyi...the English word 'evening' is always translated from the Hebrew word 'ereb'. The word 'ereb' is only used when the sun is going down. See ereb Strong's definition http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6153.htm Genesis chapter one explains when the evening is and I show the explanation in the linked document above.
    I've started reading Genesis again, and Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light; sorry for the diversion, am I right in reading that the moon generates its own light ? Which links in to what I've been reading about the moon ! If necessary I'll start another thread because I don't want to cause a diversion in the topic.
    I am a cancer survivor three times, and I would like to say to any member that I am here for them. Often just being able to speak with someone is a great help, so please do - just PM me(and also rest assured that I am 100% trustworthy and whatever is said will remain confidential).

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.*

Re: Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light

Quote Originally Posted by gazbowski View Post
    I've started reading Genesis again, and Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light; sorry for the diversion, am I right in reading that the moon generates its own light ? Which links in to what I've been reading about the moon ! If necessary I'll start another thread because I don't want to cause a diversion in the topic.
    The moon is not one of the luminaries mentioned in Genesis 1:14-19 since it does not generate it's own light. The moon reflects the sun's light. Plus the moon is visible at times during the day so it cannot be used to determine whether it is daytime or nighttime. When we see the sun, we know it is daytime. When we see the stars, we know it is night time. It is that simple.
    Last edited by Crossman; 09-19-2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: title

The moon is not one of the luminaries mentioned in Genesis 1:14-19 since it does not generate it's own light. The moon reflects the sun's light. Plus the moon is visible at times during the day so it cannot be used to determine whether it is daytime or nighttime. When we see the sun, we know it is daytime. When we see the stars, we know it is night time. It is that simple.
    I appreciate your reply Charlotte, and I am faniliar with what you have written, but I am guarded as to what I accept from the mainstream sources. I have read from different sources that the Moon is hollow and that it is its own source of light.
    Last edited by Crossman; 09-19-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: title
    I am a cancer survivor three times, and I would like to say to any member that I am here for them. Often just being able to speak with someone is a great help, so please do - just PM me(and also rest assured that I am 100% trustworthy and whatever is said will remain confidential).

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.*

Re: What does everyone consider the Sabbath day to fall on?

Quote Originally Posted by gazbowski View Post
    I appreciate your reply Charlotte, and I am faniliar with what you have written, but I am guarded as to what I accept from the mainstream sources. I have read from different sources that the Moon is hollow and that it is its own source of light.
    I have personally seen the moon during the daytime; therefore, I know that it cannot be used to determine whether it is day or nighttime. I personally use the sun to know when it is daytime and when I see the stars I know it is night. This is based on my personal experiences though.

I have personally seen the moon during the daytime; therefore, I know that it cannot be used to determine whether it is day or nighttime. I personally use the sun to know when it is daytime and when I see the stars I know it is night. This is based on my personal experiences though.
    Yes, me too Charlotte ! I've seen a very bright moon during daytime, sometimes before noon but also after noon in the afternoon. I've also seen the moon have erratic orbit movements. However I am not an astronomer. But one thing I know for sure are strange things a happening in our skies !!!

I'll see if I can find some videos which show strange moon happenings, but I will open a thread in the Off Topic board.

Sorry to have derailed the thread from its intended subject.
    Last edited by Crossman; 09-19-2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: title

Genesis Ch 1 v14-19 speaks of the greater and lesser light

New Thread.