Thread: Women - Far Above Rubies

Women - Far Above Rubies

Below is a link to a book called "Far Above Rubies" and it explains what the women's roles were in the bible.

"Who can find a worthy woman? For her price is far above rubies."
    Proverbs 31:10

Far Above Rubies by Isabel Elder

Women this book is really worth the time to read.

Re: Women - Far Above Rubies

“10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies.
    11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
    12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.”

I will look into this book campchar.

I recently read an article "The Gatekeepers of the Culture" by Andrea Schwartz. She stipulates that, “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it.” ( Psalm 127). She states that many people have been manipulated through propaganda “designed to plant seeds of discontentment and conflict.” Many women have been plagued by the ideas and ideals of sin and self -serving stardom. I have been reflecting on many facets of this treachery. I have come to the realization that in order for woman to find her way to be a keeper of the home she must reevaluate the slanders of modern society – (my body my choice, women are equal to men, etc. etc., etc.) God says we are all bought with a price, men and women alike, and our body is not our own but in truth belongs to God. If we could grasp this we would truly be servants of the Lord:

1corinthians6.19

“19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.”
    We must recognize that children are a great blessing from God – in fact for a woman- A child- the fruit of the womb- can mean her salvation!!! There is a stipulation so please make a note of the following verse.

1timothy2.15

“15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.”

I want to bring to light something else as well, it is the real teaching of Christ that as he layed down his life for us so are we to be a living sacrifice in the name of our God :

Romans 12.1-2

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Blessings*

Re: Women - Far Above Rubies

It's so fascinating how rubies are still rare today, and to connect the correlation of a precious pink/red stone to the reaction of blushing (a sign of Israelite beauty.) Clearly virtuous women really are rare and sometimes outcasted in modern times, how many girls know how to sew, cook and make crafts that don't require googling?