Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hebrews wrote 'Left to Right'

Re: Hebrews wrote 'Left to Right'

I don't think it's hard to prove at all! Seeing how the jews are a pretty ass backwards clump of people, it seems fitting for them to screw up everything remotely relating to spirituality-... how many people in this world are left-handed? And can those people use a shovel or even a broom or even... a pen constructively? This may seem so very cruel and politically incorrect, but I notice when I let my kids doodle with pens how much ink becomes an issue, and that's ballpoint... Throw a reed and some parchment into the mix, which costed a pretty penny back in the day, you'll see how ass backward writing right to left can be. I can't help but see a huge difference between "ancient" hebrew and the scribble babble that is "hebrew" today. Look at everything else they've managed to corrupt thereby repulsing any curious mind away from the basic law, when you get down to the knitty gritty modern day judaisim is the reformed law of man. I remember seeing a video online of how modern jewish men consider it just harmless hodge podge when they no longer take interest in their wives (yet don't have the gumption to divorce them) think it's perfectly acceptable to stage a some sort of kidnapping scenario. Wow, Deuteronomy 24:7 anyone? How about Matthew 25:31? I think the right-to-left writing tradition is yet another confusing tradition taught in opposition to what is natural.

Re: Hebrews wrote 'Left to Right'

@lcpiney and campchar

On page 4 of campchar's PDF, you can see the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone, which has a version of the Ten Verbal Commandments from Exodus 20. Open up your King James version of the Bible and see if you can match it up with the English translation in the PDF. Start on the top-right corner, and read from right-to-left, top-to-bottom, starting back on the right side of each new line, but when you get to the second line, skip reading it until you see the peculiar insertion mark in the third line, then add that second line back into the text where the marker is (see footnote #2 in Char's PDF.)

Char! Here's another important Paleo Hebrew artifact you need to see, it's amazing, the Tel Dan Stele! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele). This one too is written from right-to-left. It even has the words (but in the Paleo Hebrew aleph-bet) 'מלך ישראל', which can mean 'King of Israel.' The letters are different, but the words are the same.

I think the confusion is coming in because there is a possibility that the letters themselves may have been written left-to-right (which they still can be to this day.) While that can be the case, that does not change the fact that the actual words themselves are written from right-to-left, and hence the text must be read from right-to-left.

As far as I'm concerned, you can write the Hebrew words from right-to-left or left-to-right if you want to, just keep the etymology and syntax intact.

But ladies, don't be so quick to condemn our ancestors because they often wrote from right-to-left! I can attest that in the Paleo Hebrew aleph-bet, it feels quite natural to write right-to-left, and yet on the other hand, in the English I must have it left-to-right!

Here's something I wrote earlier today in the Paleo Hebrew, written from right-to-left:
    Prayer1written.jpg
    To read the translation, you can click here -->TRANSLATION

יה ברוך ואהבה מאדת
    (Yah bless, and much love)
    נהאל
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)