Thread: The Blessing of a Mother's love

The Blessing of a Mother's love

What a blessing it is to be a mother to Godís children. In a world that seems to sometimes be in a state of chaos and panic-it is refreshing to think on the gifts and blessings of Godís love. This is a poem from an old (1868) poetry book that was designed to be given to newly- weds. A mother's love is often lost in today's world - We should honor God's plan for marriage and children and family in these dark times. Now is the time to honor Godís ways and cherish his laws. Also I have posted Paulís greeting from Ephesians 1 because we need to be strong in our faith and see the beauty of Godís predestination and eternal wisdom, mercy, and grace. God Bless you.

A Motherís Love
    By Herde r- XII The Opal Ė Printed in 1868
    In Gems for the Bridal Ring compiled by Rev J.E. Rankin

Not because it is lovely does the mother
    Love her child, but because it is a living
    part of herself, the child of her heart, a frac-
    tion of her own nature. Therefore do her en-
    trails yearn over his wailings ; her heart beats
    quicker at his joy; her blood flows more softly
    through her veins, when the breast at which he
    drinks knits him to her. It is only the corrupt-
    ing forms of society which have power gradually
    to make luxurious vice sweeter than the tender
    cares and toils of maternal love.

Paul's Greeting Ė Ephesians 1
    1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Spiritual Blessings
    (Romans 8:28-34)
    3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
    Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom
    15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what isthe exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Thumbs up Rebecca (רבקה) - A Mother's Prayer

Genesis 27:46 KJV

And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?
    And now a selected reading from the Book of Jubilees*.

Mother Rebecca (רבקה) in the act of blessing her son Jacob (יעקב) with the Words of Yahweh (יהוה). We begin with an oath of Jacob to his mother, comforting her fear, promising her that he will not race-mix with the Canaanites, like his brother Esau (עשו):

The Book of Jubilees 25:9-23 R.H. Charles

'...I swear before thee, mother, that all the days of my life I will not take me a wife from the daughters of the seed of Canaan, and I will not act wickedly as my brother has done. Fear not, mother; be assured that I shall do thy will and walk in uprightness, and not corrupt my ways for ever.' And thereupon she {Rebecca} lifted up her face to heaven and extended the fingers of her hands, and opened her mouth and blessed the Most High God, who had created the heaven and the earth, and she gave Him thanks and praise. And she said: 'Blessed be Yahweh God, and may His holy name be blessed for ever and ever, who has given me Jacob as a pure son and a holy seed; for he is Thine, and Thine shall his seed be continually and throughout all the generations for evermore. Bless him, O Yahweh, and place in my mouth the blessing of righteousness, that I may bless him.' And at that hour, when the spirit of righteousness descended into her mouth, she placed both her hands on the head of Jacob, and said:

'Blessed art thou, Yahweh of righteousness and God of the ages;
    And may He bless thee beyond all the generations of men.

May He give thee, my son, the path of righteousness,
    And reveal righteousness to thy seed.

And may He make thy sons many during thy life,
    And may they arise according to the number of the months of the year.
    And may their sons become many and great beyond the stars of heaven,
    And their numbers be more than the sand of the sea.

And may He give them this goodly land–as He said He would give it to Abraham and to his seed after him alway{s}–
    And may they hold it as a possession for ever.

And may I see (born) unto thee, my son, blessed children during my life,
    And a blessed and holy seed may all thy seed be.

And as thou hast refreshed thy mother's spirit during †her† life,
    The womb of her that bare thee blesses thee thus,

[My affection] and my breasts bless thee
    And my mouth and my tongue praise thee greatly.

Increase and spread over the earth,
    And may thy seed be perfect in the joy of heaven and earth for ever;

And may thy seed rejoice,
    And on the great day of peace may it have peace.

And may thy name and thy seed endure to all the ages,
    And may the Most High God be their God,

And may the God of righteousness dwell with them,
    And by them may His sanctuary be built unto all the ages.

Blessed be he that blesseth thee,
    And all flesh that curseth thee falsely, may it be cursed.'

And she kissed him, and said to him;
    'May the Lord of the world love thee
    As the heart of thy mother and her affection rejoice in thee and bless thee.'
    And she ceased from blessing.

-------

אל-נשינו מיפות ואמהות יהוה וישוע אהוב
    (To our beautifully white women, handmaidens of Yahweh and Yahshua, love)
    נהאל

*The Book of Jubilees is available for free online at Archive.org under the title of The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament in English with Introductions and Critical and Explanatory Notes to the Several Books (Volume II - Pseudepigrapha) - R.H. Charles, D.Litt., D.D. (1913), from which this passage was typed. Click on this underlined title at your leisure to go to the download page at Archive.org. The PDF version is highly suggested. Quotes taken from p.51-52. Some occurrences of 'Lord' replaced with 'Yahweh.' Any words in {} are added. Other symbols are from the original.
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

Re: Rebecca (רבקה) - A Mother's Prayer

Thanks for this post of a Mothers Prayer for her blessed child. What a difference from the world we live in today - Most women now are afraid for their children and do not see the blessing of God's people. They think humanity is all one - they do not see the difference from sinners and saints. They do not behold the glories of the stars or the complete magnificence of A CHILD FROM GOD. This is a powerful blessing from Jacob's mother & beautiful honest heart felt sentiments.

It still amazes me that the Only Begotten Son, as precious and as perfect as He is, sacrificed Himself for our sakes, for the sake of Yahweh's created children. John the Baptist reminds us that Yahweh could make more of us with stones if He wanted to (Matthew 3:9), and yet still Yahweh chooses to sacrifice His greatest achievement to date, Yahshua Christ the Uncreated Being, in order to save us created children rather than just wipe the slate clean and start afresh. Yahweh truly does love us.

He's intent on salvaging us, and His persistence amazes me. Yahshua proved that He can do it too, not even death can pluck us out of the caring Hands of our Father. (John 10:29)

People have a hard time hearing these things because they have yet to come to grips with the fact that this world they have been taught to believe in is in error and must be corrected by a Higher Power than even the false idols they worship are capable of wielding, much less what they themselves believe they can do.

All our saintly fathers and mothers through all their toil and hardship worked up to this correction. Bless them!

ויברכך יהוה גם בהשם ישוע משיח מי-מות לנו ואז רום אל-מאד רומים אל-הימין יהוה

(And may Yahweh bless you too, in the Name of Yahshua Messiah, Who died for us and then rose to the greatest of heights unto the Right Hand of Yahweh!)
    כל-מודים היו אל-יהוה בישוע-משיח בנו צדק ואחנו אוהב: אמן
    (All thanks be to Yahweh through Yahshua Messiah, His righteous Son and our loving Brother. Amen!)

Thanks Neal for all your posts and for formatting these verses from Ephesians 1 for us:
    Let all of us meditate on these following precious words and “Cease not to give Thanks “ for all the Lord has shown us and done for us.

Ephesians Chapter 1 KJV

Paul's Greeting

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spiritual Blessings in Christ (see Romans 8:28-34)

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom

15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Re: The Blessing of a Mother's love

Thank you for this post it is heartfelt and inspiring, notably the prayer for spiritual wisdom. That is a topic I find myself occasionally taking for granted and then having to remind myself of when experiencing hard times. The devil has thrown many hardships my way, divorce, floods, poverty, abandonment, sickness, discrimination, solitude to name a few. But nothing can separate me from my knowledge of the saving power of Christ and the truth of the scriptures, it's priceless and precious, so many seek it and never come close. I pity my damned catholic family so much for their ignorance and hypocrisy, and in turn they pity me for my lack of worldly luxuries and seeming success. I have posted about this challenge before, and since my grandparents have basically disowned me for allowing my daughter to visit my ex husbands family after not seeing them for a year due to long distance. Compassion is something only few seem to have these days. And if you love something sometimes you have to trust God and let it go. I will never stop trying to demonstrate to them how a Christian is supposed to persevere, and forgive. Galatians 6:9 repeats in my thoughts.