Thread: Home is where the heart is *

Home is where the heart is *

Lately I have found that the cares of this world can be very burdensome if we forget to seek God first. We can worry about the most mundane and unimportant tasks and decisions as though our very souls depend on the toils of daily life but truly our soul is so much more than the trinkets of this world. When we start to feel overwhelmed by daily seemingly menial tasks we need to renew our mind and our strength through the true teachings of Christ.

Think back on the days when Christ walked with men. Even though God created the world He said,” My Kingdom is not of this world and in my Father’s house are many mansions .” This is because the true reign of Christ will be when he judges this world. When Christ came to us he did not even have a place to stay some nights ,”the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.” If the creator of this world can come down to us and live like a vagabond and choose to die for his people then surely we should free ourselves from the evil ego mindset of worldly possession and temptations. Here are some psalms, songs, and versus to help guide us back to the truth and the life and the Kingdom to come.

This is an old poem from a book I have been reading from the 1800's :

HOME SACRED by Mountford
    ( from “Gems for the Bridal Ring” compiled by Rev. J.E. Rankin)

Oh think not meanly of the lowliest home;
    For, on this side of the wall of the city of
    God, there is. Or ought to be , no holier place.
    God himself is there; human souls are there;
    the records of Christ’s covenant are there ; there
    is worship there; in each human being that
    dwells within it, there is going on that most
    mysterious, world-old, most momentous struggle
    between good and evil, sin and virtue, with their
    consequents, sorrow and bliss; and, finally, in
    its chambers, deaths, one after another, must
    occur,--mortality’s solemn dismissals of its sub-
    jects unto the King eternal, immortal, and in-
    visible.

and one of my favorite Christian songs:

I wonder as I wander by John Jacob Niles

I wonder as I wander out under the sky
    How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
    For poor on'ry people like you and like I;

When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall
    With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all
    But high from God's heaven, a star's light did fall
    And the promise of ages it then did recall.

If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing
    A star in the sky or a bird on the wing
    Or all of God's Angels in heaven to sing
    He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King

How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
    For poor on'ry people like you and like I;

NOW FOR THE PSALMS AND BIBLE TEXTS:

◄ Psalm 96 ►
    King James Bible

Sing to O Lord, All the Earth
    1O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
    2Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
    3Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
    4For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
    5For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
    6Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
    7Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
    8Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.
    9O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
    10Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
    11Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof.
    12Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
    13Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

◄ Psalm 98 ►
    King James Bible

Sing to the Lord a New Song!

1{A Psalm.} O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.
    2The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
    3He hath remembered his mercy and his truth toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
    4Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

5Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
    6With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
    7Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
    8Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
    9Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

Fragments of Psalm 89

2For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
    5And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
    6For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?
    9Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
    11The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.

Mathew 8.20

20And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Romans 12.2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians1.10
    10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

John 18.36+37
    36Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 37Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice

John 14
    1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Luke 12. 22- 32 Do Not Worry

22And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 24Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 25And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clotheyou, O ye of little faith? 29And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.32Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Blessings *

Re: Home is where the heart is *

Perfect. Thank you, love..