Jesus taught in both the Old and New Testaments that Israel was to have only one God and to only worship Him. For example, under the old covenant we're taught; "Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:2)" and Christ taught; "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment (Mark 12:29-30)." Considered the first commandment above all others, serving any other God outside of the Creator Jesus is a very serious offense so naturally the serpentile enemy loves to do all they can to rip apart the Godhead.

To state it in the simplest terms, Jesus is "God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16)" or "God with us (Matthew 1:23)" and again; "By him were all things created (Colossians 1:16)." The Bible is very clear about Jesus being Yahweh and any honest student should have no problems noticing this important fact when reading the scriptures, it's when man starts inserting his own doctrines or faulty traditions that 'confusion' sets in and the first commandment starts being violated. One God is just that -- one.

Beware of people who might teach that Jesus wasn't equal with the Father or not God, chances are they will also be found guilty of the numerous offenses we've already discussed like attacking the perfect Word, essential baptism or eternal Law. Most of these snakes will say something along the lines of "Jesus was a great man, but not the Messiah" or they'll just call Him a 'simple prophet' equating Him on the same level as Isaiah or Jeremiah. Jesus said; "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him (John 14:6-7)." How it is that many lukewarm Christians intend to 'slide past' Jesus and have access to another God or simply refuse to pray 'in Jesus' name' is beyond me -- Jesus is the only God for Israel.

There is no confusion about the matter, both covenants were made with Israel as the Bible teaches; "Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah (Jeremiah 31:31)." It's just another 'tactic of the lawless' to suggest that the Old Testament is now 'done away' because not one covenant made between God and Israel has ever been disannulled. Whether it be the Adamic and Noahic Covenants or the Abrahamic and New Covenants, not one of these eternal promises has ever been 'done away' with by God.

Now that we've covered that serving only Yahweh is considered the 'first' commandment, it should be rather obvious why many false prophets like to teach against this aspect -- it can keep you from the very Kingdom they won't be in. If you require more scriptural proofs that "Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever (Hebrews 13:8)" be sure to read Jesus, Yahweh or Not? or Jesus, God or Not? available at our website. This is an extremely important issue because we can't call ourselves Christians unless it's Christ that is our Savior and we can serve only Him.

Read more @ http://www.covenantpeoplesministry.o...wlessness.html