Thread: a thing to think about when debating your brother

Blog Entries

a thing to think about when debating your brother

this is not a personal attack to anyone in Particular I see this a lot in CI as well as other types of Christianity it needs to stop across the board.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.Matthew 5:22

also if your brother does sin against you tell him in private I.E not online right off the bat there is a method for this kind of thing.

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.Matthew 18:15-17
    Last edited by Crossman; 02-27-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    Mark 16:16
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

James 4:7
    Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 3:4
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Re: a thing to think about when debating your brother

Great teaching, brother. Rep +1.
    Last edited by Crossman; 02-27-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Yahshua also says not to "sue" our brothers and avoid court at all costs:

Matthew 18:15-17 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."

Matthew 18:15 "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother."

Matthew 5:21-26 "So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison."

Luke 12:57-59 "And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right? As you go with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, lest he drag you to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer put you in prison. I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the very last penny."

1 Corinthians 6:1-20 "When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints?"

I mention this because many unfortunately do.
    “The righteous mother of the seven children spake also as follows to her offspring: I was a pure virgin, and went not beyond my father’s house; but I took care of the built-up rib. No destroyer of the desert, or ravisher of the plain, injured me; nor did the destructive, deceitful, snake, make spoil of my chaste virginity; and I remained with my husband during the period of my prime.” (4 Maccabees 18:7-8)

Blog Entries

Pray and repent. Study hard the word to be approved of Yahweh. Inside to the outward. Respecting the opinions of a brother or sister in Yahweh will be possible. Some people fast before making a important decision.

Quote Originally Posted by frey#89 View Post
    Pray and repent. Study hard the word to be approved of Yahweh. Inside to the outward. Respecting the opinions of a brother or sister in Yahweh will be possible. Some people fast before making a important decision.
    How true Frey. I was taught this little saying years ago:

"The Lord Leads and the Devil Drives." Yahweh works things out in His timing.

Crossman