• K-2

by Published on 01-08-2011 11:25 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF ISSACHAR
    The Fifth Son of Jacob and Leah.

CHAP. I.

Issachar, the fifth son of Jacob and Leah. The sinless child of hire for mandrakes. He appeals for simplicity.

THE copy of the words of Issachar.

2 For he called his sons and said to them: Hearken, my children, to Issachar your father; give ear to the words of him who is beloved of the Lord.

3 I was born the fifth son to Jacob, by way of hire for the mandrakes.

4 For Reuben my brother brought in mandrakes from the field, and Rachel met him and took them.

5 And Reuben wept, and at his voice Leah my mother came forth.

6 Now these mandrakes were sweet-smelling apples which were produced in the land of Haran below a ravine of water.

7 And Rachel said: I will not give them to thee, but they shall ...
    by Published on 01-08-2011 11:23 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF ZEBULUN
    The Sixth Son of Jacob and Leah.

CHAP. I.

Zebulun, the sixth son of Jacob and Leah. The inventor and philanthropist., What he learned as a result of the plot against Joseph.

THE copy of the words of Zebulun, which he enjoined on his sons before he died in the hundred and fourteenth year of his life, two years after the death of Joseph.

2 And he said to them: Hearken to me, ye sons of Zebulun attend to the words of your father.

3 I, Zebulun, was born a good gift to my parents.

4 For when I was born my father was increased very exceedingly, both in flocks and herds, when with the straked rods he had his portion.

5 I am not conscious that I have sinned all my days, save in thought.

6 Nor yet do I remember that I have done any iniquity, except the sin of ignorance which I committed against Joseph; for I covenanted with my brethren not to tell my father what had been done.

7 But I wept in secret many days on account of Joseph, for I feared my brethren, ...
    by Published on 01-08-2011 11:20 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF NAPHTALI
    The Eighth Son of Jacob and Bilhah.

CHAP. I.

Naphtali, the eighth son of Jacob and Bilhah. The Runner. A lesson in physiology.

THE copy of, the testament of Naphtali, which he ordained at the time of his death in the hundred and thirtieth year of his life.

2 When his sons were gathered together in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, while still in good health, he made them a feast of food and wine.

3 And after he was awake in the morning, he said to them, I am dying; and they believed him not.

4 And as he glorified the Lord, he grew strong and said that after yesterday's feast he should die.

5 And he began then to say: Hear, my children, ye sons of Naphtali, hear the words of your father.

6 I was born from Bilhah, and because Rachel dealt craftly, and gave Bilhah in place of herself to Jacob, and she conceived and bare ...
    by Published on 01-08-2011 11:17 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF GAD
    The Ninth Son of Jacob and Zilpah.

CHAP. I.

Gad, the ninth son of Jacob and Zilpah. Shepherd and strong man but a murderer at heart. Verse 25 is a notable definition of hatred.

THE copy of the testament of Gad, what things he spake unto his sons, in the hundred and twenty-fifth year of his life, saying unto them:

2 Hearken, my children, I was the ninth son born to Jacob, and I was valiant in keeping the flocks.

3 Accordingly I guarded at night the flock; and whenever the lion came, or the wolf, or any wild beast against the fold, I pursued it, and overtaking it I seized its foot with my hand and hurled it about a stone's throw, and so killed it.

4 Now Joseph my brother was feeding the flock with us for upwards of thirty days, and being young, he fell sick by ...
    by Published on 01-08-2011 11:16 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF ASHER
    The Tenth Son of Jacob and Zilpah.

CHAP. I.

Asher, the tenth son of Jacob and Zilpah. An explanation of dual personality. The first Jekyll and Hyde story. For a statement of the Law of Compensation that Emerson would have enjoyed, see Verse 27.

THE copy of the Testament To Asher, what things he spake to his sons in the hundred and twenty-fifth year of his life.

2 For while he was still in health, he said to them: Hearken, ye children of Asher, to your father, and I will declare to you all that is upright in the sight of the Lord.

3 Two ways hath God given to the sons of men, and two inclinations, and two kinds of action, ...
    by Published on 01-08-2011 05:20 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Pseudepigrapha,
    3. OT Apocrypha

THE TESTAMENT OF DAN
    The Seventh Son of Jacob and Bilhah.

CHAP. I.

The seventh son of Jacob and Bilhah. The jealous one. He counsels against anger saying that "it giveth peculiar vision." This is a notable thesis on anger.

THE copy of the words of Dan, which he spake to his sons in his last days, in the hundred and twenty-fifth year of his life.

2 For he called together his I family, and said: Hearken to my words, ye sons of Dan; and give heed to the words of your father.

3 I have proved in my heart, and in my whole life, that truth

with just dealing is good and well pleasing to God, and that lying and anger are evil, because they teach man all wickedness.

4 I confess, therefore, this day to you, my children, that in ...
  • Recent Forum Posts

Erik

Trump to Sign Order Targeting Anti-Semitism

Trump to Sign Order Targeting Anti-Semitism on College Campuses

WASHINGTON — President Trump plans to sign an executive order on Wednesday targeting what he sees as anti-Semitism on college...

Erik Yesterday, 08:52 PM Go to last post
    frey#89

Re: Thought of the day thread

The thought of SHTF situations and how it is interpreted. In my opinion; High level Acts of God are over focused on wayyyyy to much.

For example If a living area of the earth you live in...

frey#89 12-09-2019, 08:59 PM Go to last post
    Erik

Re: False Doctrines

36. In Deuteronomy 23:7-8 (7 Do not despise an Edomite, for he is your brother. Do not despise an Egyptian, because you lived as a foreigner in his land. 8 The third generation of children born to...

Erik 12-07-2019, 06:00 PM Go to last post
    Erik

Two Great Commandments

Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy...

Erik 12-07-2019, 11:22 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles

• CNN Videos